Did I get fake weed?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by potboy, Jul 11, 2008.

1. potboy potboy

• Since: Jun 9, 2008
    Hey I just bought 20 bucks worth of weed for the first time. I've never smoked until yesterday, i didnt get high. IDK if Im not smoking enough or if im not smokeing right. Or if i justgot ripped off. Please help me
  2. imFADED imFADED

• Since: Jun 12, 2008
    You might want to post a pic, tell us how it smells, how it feels, etc. We cannot judge whether it is fake or not by the simply fact that you did not get high.
    1 people like this.
  3. toadphillips toadphillips

• Since: Jul 8, 2008
    I don't know, you shouldn't of spent 20 bucks but, first time i bought some weed I didn't get high and it was the strongest smelling skunk joint i ever had in my possesin. Theres not much you can do, just don't get too pissed off.
  4. potboy potboy

It feels somewhat hard and looks like little trees kinda. its hard to pull a part when i smoked it nothing really happened but it felt like awarm blanket was squeezing me and my eyes got burned a bit
  5. Trocisp Trocisp

• Since:
    imFADED already told you, we need a picture to have any idea, and even then our answer will be likely not be definite.
  6. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    • Since: Dec 26, 2006
    If its a high quality picture I think us stoners know what our favorite plant looks, and more importantly, doesn't look like. ;)

Yeah man, get a picture up otherwise we can't tell you.

Maybe try looking up pictures of cannabis and marijuana yourself, it's really not that hard to compare an image to your product and draw a conclusion unless it's shake.
  7. potboy potboy

[IMG]
  8. Trocisp Trocisp

• Since:
    Marijuana doesn't all look the same, as such, there's always a margin for error, and there are enough plants out there that similar enough, it wouldn't be difficult to find one that looks like marijuana (until extremely close inspection). Especially if it's not higher quality stuff.
  9. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    Looks like weed to me, then again the image quality is pretty piss-poor.

If you can get another picture up, that would be great...

otherwise compare it to these and draw a conclusion yourself :shrug:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Does it have pistils/red hairs? Are trichomes/crystals apparent? Are their seeds or leafs? What does it smell like? It should smell skunky, minty , or maybe even like cat piss if its the good stuff. What about stems? Most marijuana buds have a main stem through the middle, is their one? What does it look like?

Have you smoked anymore of it? How much did you smoke when you tried it out at first? via what method?
    How much did it cost, and is your dealer have a reputation for selling bunk weed?

Answer some of these questions, so we can determine if it is real weed or not, and then get on to helping you have successful toketimes. :)
    1 people like this.
  10. imFADED imFADED

I agree with Spiral. It seems to look like weed from that picture but then again it is blurry and hard to make out so that is an incredibly educated guess.
  11. Freedom_User Freedom_User

• ....Is really high
    • Since: Mar 15, 2008
    Looks like your smoking some sea coral.

Did you ask your guy for weed or sea weed?

OOOo gigitty gigitty! Alllllllllright.

But yeah man. It's hard to tell from the pic. As someone else said, most people don't really get high their first or few times.
    1 people like this.
  12. potboy potboy

Does it have pistils/red hairs? Are trichomes/crystals apparent? Are their seeds or leafs? What does it smell like? It should smell skunky, minty , or maybe even like cat piss if its the good stuff. What about stems? Most marijuana buds have a main stem through the middle, is their one? What does it look like?

Have you smoked anymore of it? How much did you smoke when you tried it out at first? via what method?
    How much did it cost, and is your dealer have a reputation for selling bunk weed?

I saw like 2 red hairs in the whole thing

I dont see crystals clearly but i think i see some

I see some seeds, does smell like minty sortof there are stems in themiddle

Ismoked thru ahomemade bong, and a can pipe smoked a bundle about the size of an average persons thumb

IDk about his rep
  13. Freedom_User Freedom_User

• ....Is really high
    • Since: Mar 15, 2008
    An inexperience smoker could possible make a pipe faulty. It could be a possibility of the holes being to big, and once lit, simply falls to the bottom. It could be a possibility that you simply are not getting a real good hit to the lungs. If I was you, I'd go to any tobacco store/head shop and buy a pipe for the same price as your $20 sack.

Also, look around and try and get different types of green from different people once your current sack gets low. If I get shitty green, their is really no need for me to smoke it. So I put it aside and try to get something different that smells better with possibly better quality. The sack I put away, I save for emergencies.
  14. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    Do you have any friends that can help you smoking?

I'd assume they helped you locate weed and got you high for your first time. If you have a bud you can call up and say "Hey, scope this out man, is this the real deal?" or even ask "Hey, I got some bud but I can't get high, wanna help me out?" I'm sure they'd be more than happy to oblige.

It sounds like you do in fact have marijuana, but it may be a lower quality product, I'm still 100% convineced either way really though. If you can get a higher quality image up, that would be great. Otherwise I'd contact a friend to help identify the marijuana in question, or if you really think it looks like those pictures (does it in any way resemble those buds?) I'd try smoking it again.

When you smoked was the homemade bong effective in delivering hits? Maybe an apple pipe or a joint might be easier and work out for you. :shrug:
  15. Merry-juana Merry-juana

• Since: Oct 21, 2007
    Remember, you have to keep your hits IN YOUR LUNGS, you have to take a drag, and keep inhaling once you finished, so that the weed gets in your lungs, keep it there for 4-5 seconds, and blow out. It looks like you got some scwag, so inhaling the right way is major important, otherwise you will never get high. BTW how many grams do you have? If it is less than 2, you got ripped off (unless it is dank, but it doesn't look like dank to me.), so try and make a simple pipe, try to make one out of tinfoil, (I know this is unhealthy, but it will do for the first time getting high.) Take a pen, roll the foil around the pen, and turn it up to make a bowl.
  16. Lit_Match Lit_Match

• Since: Dec 14, 2003
    Looks like bud to me, albeit pretty low quality stuff. For $20 you should have enough to roll at least 4 decent blunts.

There is a sure fire way to tell if it's fake or not, roll a good sized joint and smoke it till your actually high. If you finish the joint and still don't feel anything you got ripped off, even for me a half of a joint of low grade will give me a nice buzz. Don't worry about trying to identify what being high feels like, trust me you'll know. :cool:
  17. potboy potboy

Yeah the person i bought it from is on probation so he cant smoke, im just gonna assume that i got schwag but the problem is where am i gonna get some good weed? Cause he's the only dealer that i know. and a lot of my friends are pussys and wont smoke. help :/
  18. imFADED imFADED

If you are tight with that guy, ask him if he knows anyone with some high quality bud. Since he is a dealer than he obviously has other connections so hopefully he fills you in.
  19. potboy potboy

Do u think i should use the joint i rolled, or the gravity bong i made?
  20. Jobes Jobes

• Since: Mar 4, 2008
    A lot of people dont get high their first time. I wouldnt be too worried about the part about if its fake or not. chances are if it smells, looks, and has every characteristic of weed to you, then it probably is.Or whoever sold it to you has made a very good profit.haha.