Do you have to smoke more weed with bongs?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Silverbackman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Silverbackman Silverbackman

• Since: May 23, 2006
    When I smoke pot I use a bong 85% of the time......but I'm not sure whether it is the best way besides a vaporizer to conserve weed. Different studies have shown different things: some studies say that bongs filter as much THC/cannaboids as they do tar, meaning that you would have to smoke more weed to get an effect, this is not good for conserving weed. Other studies say bongs produce effects quicker because you can inhale more smoke at once. Which is true? I myself am not sure. Sometimes it takes the bong more hits than needed, other times it produces effects right away from one good hit. Same goes for pipes......sometimes they work quicker than bongs and other times they don't. Which is better at conserving weed: a pipe or a bong? Will using a bong help conserve weed or does it take more weed?
  2. grifty51 grifty51

• Since: Jan 15, 2007
    In my experience my stash lasts longer when smoking through a pipe, there may be several factors in this though. bowl size is definitely one of these. My bong has a very deep bowl which equals more weed. I have to say though a vaporizer should be on everyones christmas list. not only does it stretch your stash about 4x but its the healthiest way to get high besides pot tea or brownies. Also i never cough with a vaporizer and the highs are much more euphoric and highten creativity.
  3. imported_redeyejedi imported_redeyejedi

• - smokaholic -
    • Since: Feb 1, 2005
    I would say that if you're trying to choose between the two for conservation, the pipe would win out definitely. In my experience, pipes are unfiltered, and thus, more harsh, but also more potent, whereas a bong offers big, smooth toking powers.
  4. 4/20 4/20

• ARRRRRR!
    • Since: Oct 19, 2005
    Because the chamber is so large on a bong, more smoke needs to be produced in order to fill it. In a bong's case, a little weed goes a long way.

P.S. Sorry about this lame ass comment, I don't know THAT much about bongs, however I do know that it doesn't take much weed to get high.
  5. Gref Gref

• Since: Jan 4, 2007
    you dont have to, but why not!:D

seriously though, pipes hit harder, hotter, and harsher.

bongs, real bongs, let you take huge hits that are cooled and clean.

its personal preference imo.
  6. thefadedline666 thefadedline666

• Since: Dec 12, 2006
    i prefer bongs but i see why they would burn thru more bud then pipes but the bigger hit is nicer plus the overall ease of it
  7. XT Dream XT Dream

• Since: Jun 1, 2006
    "I actually thought I read that bongs give more THC in your hits using less weed than you would with a pipe, scientifically speaking, and seems true. Bongs to me conserve MJ and gets you high beautifully and is better for your lungs! The best bet when you can."
  8. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Bongs burn the weed faster. A bowl will last a lot longer. But the hits with the bong are much bigger, so in the end, you're smoking the same amount of weed...
  9. Dank Perception Dank Perception

• 4TheLULZ!
    • Since: Nov 9, 2006
    I prefer bongs, no matter what. Pipes are dirty, and harsh. I get way higher with my bong. Way faster and way easier. Plus it's fun to use one and everythign haha.
  10. Itzamna Itzamna

• Since: Jan 8, 2007
    a pipe can't compare to a massive bong rip, but a huge bubbler i think is the way to go. The best device ive smoked out of was a co-workers 2-3 ft. bubbler, so smooth and a huge hit.
  11. rich420 rich420

• Since: Oct 4, 2006
    I always thought a bong would get me way higher with less weed.

just a few snapers and im good for the bike ride to the jumps.
  12. king_ofbonghits king_ofbonghits

• Since: Aug 22, 2006
    you dont really have to smoke more weed with bongs if you dont want to... its all up to you. in my expeirences with marijuana i find bongs much more appealing than a glass bowl because you can rip big ass hits and well they definately get me way higher than if i would of smoked a bowl pack with my buds. i think i might get more high with a bong because only one of my friends actually knows how to hit a bong right, so im sure i smoke more weed with a bong than bowl.
  13. RollingStonedZS RollingStonedZS

• Since: Aug 31, 2006
    first off, THC isnt water soluble. Therefore hardly ANY, if any THC at all, is filtered by the water.

secondly, the best way to conserve weed if you dont have a vap is to only put a lungfull of weed into ur bong at a time... it gets pretty annoying, but you really do conserve LOTS of weed this way, because you inhale each and every lil bit of weed you have, absolutly no smoke escapes at all, because its all in your lungs.
  14. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    Water does capture some THC and psychoactive compounds, but most of the good stuff passes through unchanged. Tests on mice suggest that water prefers to filter certain compounds, like the one that produces catatonia. So you can, to an extent, use water to alter the effect of the smoke. Water filtration also removes at least two known carcinogens from smoke and has less negative effect on the immune system than unfiltered smoke.

Info "from the Newsletter of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
    MAPS - Volume 4 Number 2 Summer 1993"

So the high is not exactly the same with water filtration, just as vaporizing in a certain temp range will avoid most toxins, some of which are associated with the 'high effects' of mj.
  15. thaaster thaaster

• Since: Feb 1, 2007
    Also, when smoking cooled smoke, you are less damaging to the lungs, because they are burned less, thus making it better for you.

I think that my bong got me higher, just because you can cram more smoke in at once.

Thaaa
  16. chunk chunk

• Since: Sep 4, 2006
    It is my personal belief that bongs and pipes are in fact EQUAL in efficiency. However, with a bong, since the smoke is cooled, you are able to take long, and really hard hits. You can inhale the hell out of a bong thus getting a much denser hit. With a pipe you gotta take it easy. So with a pipe you might have a bowl thats similar in size to a bong but the bong gets bigger hits, and thus torches more weed. SO!! My ultimate pont is, the only difference is that a bong doesnt encourage efficent use of weed. A pipe does. Gram for gram, a pipe will get you just as high as a bong, but man it feels like the bowl on the bong needs to get re-packed a whole lot more often hahahah!! It never feels like you smoke that much out of a bong, but you just keep loading fat bowl after fat bowl.
  17. 777789999 777789999

• Since: Apr 20, 2007
    Booooong

Personally I love smoking from a bong it gives me much more of a blast, with a good water bong I usually feel the effects after my first haul. In my opinion it is 5 times better than a pipe, pipes are just boring and I find the better the environment you smoke pot in the better high you get. So basically what I am trying to say is if you smoke from a bong you get fucked up quicker and better so if that's true then yes it does conserve weed. What I just posted there is not any scientific fact or anything it's just my experience over all.
  18. king_ofbonghits king_ofbonghits

• Since: Aug 22, 2006
    well i smoked out of my fair share of bongs and pipes over the years and i have to say 9 out of 10 times i get more fucked up on a bong than a pipe. bongs really can conserve your weed a little bit better than a pipe because when you hit a bong the smoke is cooled and allows you to take a much bigger hit than any pipe. usually what i do is pack a bowl in my bong finish that whole bowl and then pass it to my one of my buds, and then they pack their own and so on (usually when i do this its only with 1 or 2 other people). but with pipes, most people just pass it around wasting a lot of weed in the process. so i think you get more high off a bong.
  19. k20 k20

• Since: Nov 12, 2006
    Bongs deffinetly get me high more/quicker than pipes... what you need to just do though is not torch it, bongs are very easy to torch especially when there's lots of weed... light it to the side and just rip it.
    I think that bongs are better bu that's prolly cause I have a pipe, haha... I wanna get a glass bong so bad, though.

also, bongs obviously are bigger whereas pipes are smaller and the smoke gets to you sooner, so i dunno maybe with a bong because there's more smoke and over more surface area you light it longer and that could possibly help the reason weed goes quicker.
  20. fuzzyninja fuzzyninja

• Lounge Lizard
    • Since: Feb 19, 2007
    The single most effective thing to do if you're worried about efficiency is to not actually touch the weed with the flame. Simply heat the weed by getting the flame near it. It's as close to vaporizing you can get if smoking out of a pipe or bong with a lighter.