Does marijuana help psoraisis

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by frodo bongins, Nov 3, 2009.

1. frodo bongins frodo bongins

• Since: Oct 10, 2009
    ok so ive recentlly been diagnosed with psoraisis. which if you dont know is a skin disease caused from stress. i was wondering if anyone has ever had this and if smoking God's herb will help reduce the ithching and pain? please share any information you may have. thank you and keep the tokin goin.
  2. MetallicaFan495 MetallicaFan495

• Since: Oct 12, 2009
    Psoriasis as you may know is caused by a build up of dry skin and over division of skin cells. It appears that the application of an anti-oxidant compound combined with an emolient is useful as a treatment for a severe dry skin condition called lamellar ichthyosis and therefore it is thought the same treatment could prove effective on psoriasis.

In addition some studies are finding that the immuno suppresive properies of marijuana support your findings that marijuana controls your psoriaisis which is an auto immune disorder. Cannabis is also found to be beneficial in such disorders as irritable bowel and colitis, Crohns and rheumatism among others.

By the way, if you could ask your dermatologist for a prescription for a sun lamp such as used as a grow light, a HPS or HID light, the kind that growers use for indoor growing, it xould also be used for for light therapy during the winter. I know folks who use them to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Theoretically, you could then take the cost of the light and the light electric bills off your income tax as a medical cost.
    1 people like this.
  3. 024 024

• Since: Nov 1, 2009
    haha i see what you did there :D