Does probation always mean drug tests?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Xeno23, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Xeno23 Xeno23

• Since: Jan 25, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I am a 21-year-old male living in North Carolina, and I am nervous as hell about an upcoming probationary sentence.

I've been slapped with 6 months probation for a minor, non-drug-related offense (petty misdemeanor larceny, in fact), but I don't know the exact terms yet... my court date isn't until the 31st of January, and until then all I know is the duration of the sentence.

What I'd really like to know is whether or not I can expect drug testing... the offense was pretty minor, and the sentence is (according to my lawyer, at least) fairly lenient, but I don't know whether they drug test everyone who gets probation in North Carolina.

Does anybody around here know, from personal experience or that of a friend, how likely I am to be tested?

I'd really appreciate any insight that you guys could provide. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. dankitydank dankitydank

• Since: Jan 19, 2007
    I don't know personally, but best advice... stop smoking, buy a home drug test, and if you DO have a drug test, be prepared to dillute or substitute. Look at the stickys on this forum on how to do that.
  3. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    With probation that is the best advice. Why chance getting probation revoked and setting your ass in jail??