Does Walmart drug test?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by bigboy69, Sep 10, 2011.

1. bigboy69 bigboy69

• Since: Aug 24, 2011
    Im 17 years old, looking for a part time job. Im wondering if walmart would drug test an underage part time worker? or do they just drug test their full time 18+ employees? would it be illegal for them to drug test a minor?
  2. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Yes they drug test..And If you fail you can never be concidered for a position again..

MY advice get some clean pee when they ask for an interview..Or you can get one of those clense kits..But the clean pee would be the best..
  3. bigboy69 bigboy69

you think they would drug test a 17 year old part time worker?
  4. I'mwithweed I'mwithweed

• Since: Jul 25, 2011
    Don't bank on them not testing you.
  5. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    • Since: Jul 30, 2004
    yes Wal-Mart drug tests. doesn't matter how old you are or if it's part time or full time they are still going to drug test you. i had a buddy that worked for wal-mart and he said they tested him up front to get the job and then threatened random drug tests every month.
  6. I'mwithweed I'mwithweed

• Since: Jul 25, 2011
    What assholes. Personal freedom... They REALLY don't give a fuck about that.
  7. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Radical idea

I just had this great idea. Why not quit smoking long enough that you could pass a drug test. Then apply to Walmart. They are not in business to ensure your personal freedom. You could buy a lawnmower and a snow blower and go in business for yourself.
  8. JetLife510 JetLife510

• Since: Sep 10, 2011
    my suggestion. Dont work at wal-mart. Im 18 and Im also looking for a job but Im confident you can find a better job. Make that your last resort.
  9. bigboy69 bigboy69

hmm what about target?

im just not sure where to apply. ive applied to a locally owned supermarket, but they havent replied back so i dont know if they have work available there.
  10. A Stoner A Stoner

• Since: Aug 29, 2011
    Target doesn't drug test, I'm pretty sure at least. Hit up restaurants for hosting/bussing jobs. The food industry doesn't drug test and most of the employees toke up.
  11. Ruckus Ruckus

• Since: Jul 1, 2011
    One could also fashion and don a tin foil hat which would be cheaper and just as effective.

Target certainly does drug test and to state that the food industry as a whole does not is false and irresponsible.
  12. bigboy69 bigboy69

god i need more money lol
  13. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    yup target does drug test, they offered me a job back in the summer, i accepted and they ended up drug testing me. needless to say i didn't get the job :(
  14. A Stoner A Stoner

Moral of the thread... don't apply to department store jobs if you're a stoner.
  15. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    except TJ maxx, i worked there for a few months when i was 16 and frankly it fucking sucked. i wouldn't recommend applying there unless you like cleaning up after ungrateful people for eight hours at a time.
  16. bigboy69 bigboy69

I really dont care what kind of job it is honestly, i just need a job.

maybe something like Khols? or other big stores like that, but not walmart, target, etc?
  17. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    honestly if you're desperate try mcdonald's, they are always hiring and i know for a fact they don't drug test. in fact most fast food restaurants don't drug test to the best of my knowledge. also you could look for a liberty tax mutual or something along those lines and be a sign spinner, you know the guys that stand at intersections in costumes waving signs. i had a buddy who did that and the costume he had to wear was a full body one with the head and everything. well he brought a bowl in his pocket one day and said he ripped it right on the corner of the street inside the costume hahaha
  18. A Stoner A Stoner

lol I can picture smoke pouring out of the eyes and mouth holes... :D
  19. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    hahaha "OMG THAT SIGN HOLDING BUNNY IS ON FIRE!"
  20. funnymax4u funnymax4u

• Since: Mar 8, 2010
    they only drug test you once after like the 2nd or 3rd interview but after that no more unless they might suspect something