Domestic Airport Security - Flying with MJ

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by BartSimpson, Apr 24, 2009.

1. BartSimpson BartSimpson

• Since: Dec 31, 2004
    It's all good, Kushy. Different folks for different blocks. You were not wrong, but the ladies were not wrong either. Minimize the time in the "hot zone". Suggesting it to be routine to relocate the package is not necessary, and an added risk.

Domestic Air Travel in the US is usually less than 3 hours, and remember that I recommend you practice the whitey-tightey method for a day in advance of your travels. Frequent flyer's know to not drink a lot and therefore need to use the toilet because it is a hassle on most flights.

The point was, Kushy my brother, to minimize the risk. If the package is stable and not a problem, don't add any complexity.
  2. mrsgreenjeans mrsgreenjeans

• Since: Jul 22, 2009
    Flying with MJ

I sooooo appreciate your contribution to this site, bartsimpson. I am flying from Tampa to Las Vegas & must bring my good friend Mary Jane along. I am so worried about those damn backscatter machines at the airport...... the whitey-tighty method doesn't seem wise with that. ???? I am thinkin internally is the only way to transport it. Lol, but I'd hate to go to all that trouble/discomfort if the ole undies would do the trick.
  3. BartSimpson BartSimpson

Just to clarify, the Backscatter x-ray and the other Whole Body Scanners (MMW) are only used in the secondary search, and are optional. You should refuse to be strip-searched by these machines regardless of if you are using the granny-panties. When the image can detect the string from a tampon, it is way too close.

The old undies will do the trick, but why not give the old man a thrill and try out some new undies for the mission. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Good Travels.
  4. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Hey BartSimpson or anybody else with knowledge on this subject. I will bringing my pipe and pot and using whitey tighty method. My pipe is pretty small and it seems like I could fit both under some of the package. This is my first time and I'm about to get my whities to try on (2 of them). I'm eating a firecracker before I go in the airport and so I'm going to be high for the 6 hour plane trip. I was thinking, and whenever I get high my body temp usually rises a little bit so I don't want to have a lethargic hot stone in a plane. That's just depressing as shit. So since I would get hot, I thought I should wear like a really thin shirt and some loose basketball shorts. But then I got to thinking.. Is wearing shorts a more dangerous route? Is it any more likely to get caught using shorts? What's the preferred pant/shorts? I wear somewhat skinny jeans (not skinny, but they're not baggy, they're like a combo between skinny and baggy. So would wearing jeans or basketball shorts using 2 whiteys to hide a small pipe and 1/4 of pot under privates be the better route?

Also, lighter in the luggage right? I'm 17 so I don't know if this would be an issue. I doubt it but apparently I think it's not legal for me to have it... I doubt I would get picked out for having it, but just making sure.

EDIT: just thought... I could pack a pair of basketball shorts in my carry-on and just change out of the jeans and into the shorts after I get through security right?
  5. BartSimpson BartSimpson

First of all, nowhere in the whitey-tighey method is it suggested to carry a pipe. This is a serious misunderstanding of the process. You carry a personal use amount of MJ, that's it. Leave the pipe at home.

And leave the lighter at home, as they are prohibited in your luggage. You may carry a book of matches in your carry-on luggage.

I didn't follow all that ramble about clothes - but know this, it isn't over when you clear security screening. The TSA conducts Gate Inspections frequently which can be as invasive as the original screening. Frankly, changing your clothes in an Airport Toilet for such an obscure reason really isn't a good idea - just settle on what to wear and stay with it.
  6. Kushy Kushy

• down
    My pipe is the size of a ciggarette one hitter. It's tiny it will fit easily into the bag of pot and not protrude, so I'm comfortable putting it in my baggy of pot. But that was not my main question my main question was which one is the safer choice? Pants or shorts? All I'm asking is if choosing to wear one of these will have a higher chance of getting caught
  7. BartSimpson BartSimpson

I really can't answer your fashion question seriously when you disregard my principle advice. Wearing shorts or pants isn't what get's you caught - it is the discovery of your flawed plan.

You venture into a very different series of regulations when you engage in "artful concealment" - and do not understand the layers of screening involved. In other words, you lack travel experience to be asking these questions, yet refusing direct advice..

Let's say your pipe is made of metal, and they have these walk through metal detectors.right up front. When you trigger the metal detector they then use a hand-held wand all over your body, very close. When that alarms, they must resolve the origin and you get invited to the backroom.
  8. Kushy Kushy

• down
    My piece is 100% glass my friend. I said it's the SIZE of a cig-one hitter, but it's made entirely of glass. It's very small and fits in with the baggy adding very little bulk. I'm not stupid enough to bring a metal pipe through a metal detector :wth:?
  9. BartSimpson BartSimpson

Kushy, nothing personal, but you do understand that I must write for the folks looking over our shoulder as much as I respond to you personally. Some kid will read what you wrote and try and smuggle his bong in his pants.

For 5 year I have tried to explain the goofy Security Theater that you must enjoy to travel by air domestically. About half of my posts are trying to debunk the myth that airports are dragnet's for MJ with Drug Dogs and jack booted Smurfs hoping to catch your personal stash and create a federal case.

The other half of my time is spent trying to prevent folks like you of making poor choices because the TSA views the world differently than regular folks. We are all considered terrorists when we enter an airport - the TSA only needs some proof. They are conducting an administrative search to find that proof.

Let me give you an example lesson on interpreting my posts:

You failed to see the implication of the fact I understood you were not that foolish. Here, I am playing to the Bleacher Seats - because someone out there is foolish enough to think that you putting your pipe in your pants is OK for their metal Bat. I understood that only a fool would think so, but we have our share here on MJ.com Statistically speaking, at least half the membership is below average.

Here I am speaking to you directly, Kushy. IF you were caught with the glass pipe that you have so "artfully concealed", the TSA will consider it a potential weapon made by breaking the glass (reference the "snow globe" rule in the TSA prohibited items) and will actually pay a bonus to the Screener who finds it. When a discovery happens, it is often for reasons that the traveler never anticipated because of the layers of security and overlapping methods.

I have stated on several occasions that I have a small aluminum tube that looks like a cigg in my shaving kit for my pipe - why can you not stick your item in your shaving kit? If you put anything but weed in your whitey-tighties, it becomes a bigger issue that will cause you to miss your flight and suffer significant interrogation. Are you absolutely ready to refuse the MMW whole body scanner . . . and pass the Behavior Detection Officers tests? Are you that cool of a cucumber?

So while you are worried about the difference of getting caught because of wearing shorts versus pants, I am worried about the difference between getting caught with a little weed, and getting caught engaging in "artful concealment" of a potential weapon.

According to the TSA website "artful concealment" discoveries happen 18 to 20 times a week - so are you feeling lucky? You probably don't know Dirty Harry.
  10. zoo zoo

• Since: Jan 18, 2009
    Someone's looking over my shoulder?
  11. Kushy Kushy

• down
    Haha alrighty then. I understand youre not talking to just me.. Anyways I wore my tighties with the pipe and pot today. Got through security all fine, and now in my destination safely
  12. BartSimpson BartSimpson

Congrats, Kushy - you are proof that the whitey-tightey method works. Did you practice it beforehand? Care to share any more details on your Screening Experience? How about those Smurf's with tin badges - do you see why we call it "Security Theater"?
  13. Lion_in_Zion Lion_in_Zion

• Since: Oct 12, 2008
  14. BartSimpson BartSimpson

15. 9184 9184

• Since: Apr 6, 2007
    anyone go through the machines with something?

the question id like to know is, if anyone using the tightie whity method, has gone through the backscanners ?

if they blur the genital area , it might be ok....

of course id like to think i would ask for a pat down, but, sometimes , it might feel funny to speak up about one if every one else is going through, for fear of drawing some attention.
  16. BartSimpson BartSimpson

Get over your fears. Ask the Smurf for the alternative groping - think of you poor mother being strip searched, or your baby sister getting naked for the dude behind the curtain.

For me, this isn't about the personal use of MJ, it is about the most invasive form of screening dreamed up by folks who wipe their ass with the Constitution. If we do not make it known we object to this strip search, then they will start using it as the primary form of screening.

Draw the line in the sand - never accept the MMW or Backscatter screening.
  17. 9184 9184

• Since: Apr 6, 2007
    i would want to get over my fears when the time comes...and it will

i agree 1000 percent that it is invasive and dumb , and abuses the constitution
  18. elainekaz elainekaz

• Since: Aug 5, 2009
    I have a good idea if you're a woman--you can take the tighty-whitey method to the next level.

Wear a pair of non-thong underwear, stick on a sanitary napkin, place your personal amount of MJ in a baggie on top of the sanitary napkin, then stick another thin sanitary napkin (or better yet, panty liner, those are much thinner) on top of the MJ. It will look like you're just wearing one pad. This is not supposed to be a functional pad ladies, if you actually do have your period wear a tampon too. Sorry that this just got pretty graphic boys, but like Bart, I'm trying to cover all the bases.

What do you think Bart? I know you're probably not an expert in sanitry napkins, but do you think this makes sense?

I'll be placing this plan into action today, wish me luck :)
  19. Lion_in_Zion Lion_in_Zion

• Since: Oct 12, 2008
    When I fly out of Rochester in about 60 days I will report back as to how it goes.
    I will be refusing the nude photo shoot for a rub down by the man. God I love to fly... NOT!
    What a dog and pony show the TSA boys put on.

Just as an example of their flawed rules... no flying with carry on liquids over 3 oz. - BULLSHIT!
    I get on the jet in another country with as much liquid as I can carry on, no problem. When I get to the hub in the USA to transfer planes to my final destination, I suddenly have to check my liquids. So apparently, if you feel the need to blow up a jet, just board it outside the US and you can fly in with all the liquids you want... just stupid.
    1 people like this.
  20. AllEyezOnMark AllEyezOnMark

• Since: Aug 6, 2009
    I have a question for Bart. I've read this entire thread and a lot of the old thread and I understand pretty much everything you're saying and am definitely going to try your method. Here's my question: I live in a state where posessing under an ounce of MJ is only a $100 fine. I'm flying to San Juan. US residents don't have to pass through any sort of customs or anything to or from Puerto Rico. So do you think I'll be alright with the tighty whitey method? Do you have any experience flying to Puerto Rico? Anything I should know about? Thanks for all the great advice so far!

- Mark