DOT Physical

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by filobeddo79, Aug 22, 2005.

1. filobeddo79 filobeddo79

• Since: Aug 22, 2005
    So I lost my job and now plan on attending a CDl program. Before I can begin I must take a DOT physical and pass a DOT drug screen.

MALE
    6'4"=-240lbs.
    Norm. Metabolism
    Smoked regurally low/midgrade for 4+ years.
    Last toke on 7/11/05

So I have purchased three home test. Failed the first after 3 weeks sober. Waited till four weeks to take second test and passed(faint "t" line!) Just to be safe I purchased a different brand and tested today at 7 weeks sober and Failed :eek:

I have a bottle of Ready Clean and the pre-clean tablets that I have had waiting in reserve.

475mg creatine
    50 mg stevia
    10 mg Riboflavin

So I can take the test at any time of my choice, but i have to take it this week before my insurance runs out (Im broke so...) My plan is for thursday PM take pre-cleanse with plenty of water. Friday Am start with Water (8ozX 4 times,) take detox, 4X 8ozwater again,drink gatorade and aspirin, then test at 2 hours after detox. So what do you think?

I will be sure to let you know my results.

Fllow up question. Does anyone know how DOT drug screens work? Is there a record of this kept somewhere. Im not taking this test for a job but to get into school. If I fail will this be in a record somewhere for future employers to see. Anyone know?

Thanks
    :wave:
  2. Justme2 Justme2

• Since: Aug 15, 2005
    I do know abit about records
    it depend so empooyer
    they can keep up to 5 years
    but I doubt would disclose to any other inquires.
  3. lew scannon lew scannon

• Banned
    • Since: Jun 5, 2005
    With DOT testing, there are protocols and guidelines in which labs and employers must follow. Any deviation from those guidelines renders the test results as void.

Take a time out or two and play around with the link below as it contains all of the procedures outlined in Part 40 by the Dept. of Transportation. Certainly a "must read" (and bookmark) for any individual facing a DOT drug test:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rulesregs/fmcsr/regs/40.htm
  4. Hawg Hawg

• Since: Mar 21, 2005
    When you get popped for a drug test while holding a CDL and fail you have to go thru counseling and they suspend your CDL's for a certain amount of time. It goes on your record at the BMV I think, not really sure abou that one though. I would think that you will pass take anohter home test and see what it says. If the school is given by a estabilished company they wont hire you or let you go thru the program, and agian I am not sure but could black ball you for a certain amount of time, they can't forever but like 3 monthe or something. Hope it helps.....fellow CDL holder......<Hawg
  5. filobeddo79 filobeddo79

• Since: Aug 22, 2005
    5 Panel Test

So I talked with the lady from school today and she told me when I go for the Physical to make absolutly sure they use a "Five Panel Test." Is that like the home dip card, or is that some sort of term for EMIT. Just wondering im sure i could pass if it was dip card test but was sure i read somewhere that all DOT UA had to be EMIT type test?
  6. Don Wasuski Don Wasuski

• Since: Aug 25, 2005
    urine sample

new member-not sure what im doing, but i was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. had a clean sample of urine refrigerated for approx 4 to 6 weeks and just used it for a random drug test- is it still good ?
  7. lew scannon lew scannon

• Banned
    • Since: Jun 5, 2005
    DOT tests use a 5 panel EMIT for the initial screen. For more info, including the technicals of the EMIT, follow these links:
    http://www.urineluck.com/drug-testing-library/how-drug-testing-works.html
    http://www.urineluck.com/drug-testing-library/technical-aspects.html

Hope that helps a little
    :cool:
  8. CADILLAC FATS CADILLAC FATS

• Since: Jun 20, 2005
    Filo I would sub if I were you.
  9. DBlock354 DBlock354

• Since: Jul 13, 2004
    d-block you *****y ass niggas
  10. Hawg Hawg

• Since: Mar 21, 2005