Drug Testing For Probation (Saliva)

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by bsherry, Aug 9, 2006.

1. bsherry bsherry

• Since: Feb 28, 2006
    Hey all, I just had to take a mouth swab drug test for probation on Monday.
    I am a chronic smoker of approx. .75 grams of good weed per day, but I had stopped the Monday before my test. So I had a full six days of clean time before my test.

I followed GrillMeats suggestions and brushed my teeth alo around test time, and ate like 8 altoid mints as I was going to the test, but as I was walking in, I started to gag, and a lot of saliva came up from my stomach, I didn't throw up, but felt like I had. So anyways, will the saliva from my stomach affect the test? I don't find out the results for another month, and I am worried. Do you guys think I am ok? My officer did say that the saliva tests are not as accurate as the urnine test. Please someone make me feel better, I don't want to be nervous for the next month if I don't have to be. I just want to know what to expect when I walk in next time, whether it be handcuffs or a smile.

Thanks,
  2. bsherry bsherry

please someone respond to me
  3. JackBauer JackBauer

• Since: Jun 15, 2006
    Chill for a minute dude. First I am not so sure that it was just spit from your stomach. There is stomach acid and enzymes. I don't know how much THC metabolites stomach contents can carry, but if you had 6 days clean then that is a huge plus for you. I wouldn't say you are in the clear because of the gagging but it looks very good for you.
  4. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    If you need extra reassurance, I agree completely with JackBauer. I know we are not supposed to post "I agree" comments, but you sound like you would need the confirmation.
  5. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006

You know the drill and all the answers. You posted in March asking about a saliva test for probation. Nothing has changed. The same thing will make you pass that did 4 months ago.;)

PS
    Read the Detection thread. That is the same also.
  6. bsherry bsherry

I'm sorry if I am being annoying to you, but I felt it was a little different than before. For one, (even though I did not mention this before), I did not stay clean for a week before my test three months ago, and failed. So, she told me if I failed next time I would violate. Then she went on a three or four month maternity leave. So, I just now got tested. Secondly, and furthermore, the stomach acid stuff is what really got me nervous. I was not sure if that could have effected the test.

Anyways, sorry if I didn't obey the rules or something, I did not mean to.

Oh yeah, completely off topic, but, who the hell called me a girl? Lol, do I give off that impression? Something is seriously wrong with the internet when a 24 year old straight male gives off the impression he is a girl. Anyways, I enjoy reading all of your threads and I'm sorry if this was the wrong place to ramble.

P.S. I talked to my P.O. today for another reason and she still does not have my results
  7. JackBauer JackBauer

• Since: Jun 15, 2006
    That was me Bsherry. It was an honest mistake and I apologize. Maybe I got your post mixed up with someone else's or it was the bud or maybe your handle but I didn't mean to offend you.
  8. bsherry bsherry

lol, nah, you didn't offend me, i just thought it was funny. Anyways, have a great day!
  9. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    You weren't being annoying. I was just telling you, you have been there before and know the answers. The difference was, you knew what was going on this time.;)
  10. cyclops cyclops

• Since: May 28, 2006

The presence of stomach acid in of itself will not effect the test results - its interaction with the altoid mints, however, is a different matter. If there really is an active ingredient in these mints that causes false negative saliva test results then the acid will likely quench (stop/prevent) this effect.
  11. bsherry bsherry

gee, thanks for the words of encouragement :) . but seriously, i guess is hould be fine, sorry for keeping this thread going so long....