drug testing on newborns

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by GotDank, Jan 11, 2007.

1. GotDank GotDank

• Since: Sep 5, 2006
    Hey everyone, I am not sure if this is an appropriate place to post this... but I couldn't think of anything better. Any help will be appreciated.

First of all, I want to know if any of you know if hospitals in California drug test newborn babies standard. I don't think the one I am delivering at does as my cousin and a few of my friend have smoked pot throughout their entire pregnancies and gave birth at the same hospital... but I am still a little sketched.

Here's the situation. I am 37 weeks pregnant. I could deliver any day now, but expect to go full term (3 more weeks). I have taken maybe 2-4 pipe hits per month within my pregnancy, so not a whole lot. My 2nd question is, do you all think I would pass a drug test at this point (I took 1 hit about a week ago). Secondly, will this show up in my baby if they were to test her when she is born?

I am not worried about smoking pot during pregnancy, in fact I do not think the amount I have smoked would cause any problems anyway. I just don't want anyone to take her away... that is my biggest fear. I am really hoping to hold out on delivery for the next 3 weeks as I think I should be good to go by then. I just wanted some opinions and hopefully reassurance. Thanks for listening to this paranoid mama.