edibles arent getting me high

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by itanrenee, Jan 21, 2006.

1. itanrenee itanrenee

• Since: Nov 15, 2005
    i smoke about a joint a day, but havent been able to kick some sort of cold/flu virus for several weeks now. i am sure the smoke i am inhaling is a contributing factor. For unrelated reasons, i recently ordered a vaporizer; however in the meantime, i would like to stick to edibles until i feel better.

i am having a hard time getting high, so i am probably not eating enough, but it is hard to tell with edibles...does anyone know roughly the equivalent of a joint to say, a cookie, and how long does it take to kick in? i ate what was supposed to be a *potent* brownie purchased from a dispensary in CA and i didnt feel very much of anything. i understand variations in %thc and cooking process will be contributing factors, but i am looking for a range, if anyone can provide one.

thanks!
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    A rule-of-thumb is to eat three times as much as it would take to get high by smoking. It takes around an hour to come on and lasts 6 - 8 hours
  3. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Another big rule of thumb is try to eat your edibles on an empty stomach.
  4. JussBL4ZE JussBL4ZE

• Banned
    • Since: Jan 5, 2004
    eat some.. wait 30 minutes see how you feel. if you dont feel high, then eat some more. Smoking weed, you will notice the effect almost instantiniously. Eating it, it will take 20-40 minutes to feel it. hope that helps.. And oh yeah, make sure you are using canna butter to cook. and if your eating it alone. youll need to use about a quarter of weed.