First time smoking pot this weekend. Can anybody help?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by purplehaze39, May 21, 2008.

1. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

• Since: May 21, 2008
    Hey. I'm going to be smoking for the first time this weekend and I was wondering what people could tell me about doing it for the first time. I'm not too nervous but I just want to know before I smoke. Thanks
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    1. Many people don't get high the first time they try it. Don't be too disappointed if you don't.

2. It takes 10 - 15 minutes for a toke to reach its peak effect. If you smoke a lot within that window, you can easily get a lot higher than you want to be. Having a negative experience the first time you smoke can sour your attitude for later sessions. I recommend to newbees that they take a hit and wait 10 minutes before taking another. Repeat as desired. That way, you can avoid getting into any spaces where you feel out of control.

3. Many times, "friends" will try to push you into smoking more than you're ready for. Experience smokers have developed a tolerance to marijuana and don't get the intense effects beginners do. (and they're jealous!) Don't allow peer pressure to get you to do things against your own self-interest. Smoking marijuana is not a competitive sport. At least, it shouldn't be. Don't expect to be able to "keep up" with experienced smokers.
  3. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

Thanks. Do you think I'll get high within the first couple of hits?
  4. SoUth CeNtRal SoUth CeNtRal

• Since: Mar 4, 2008
    nope. i didnt
  5. foolcoolguy foolcoolguy

• Since: Oct 10, 2007
    Ok, this guy knows what hes talking about. If your not a pussy then take like 3 decent hits or like 2 good rips to get you started. Assuming you have nothing to do that day then smoke more. I recommend just getting in a rotation and taking some small hits after that. Make sure to take at least one lung buster if you want to enjoy your first time the best.

Personally I got high from 2 messed up hits and one massive hit that like knocked me out for a couple secs from oxygen lost and I was blazed. I also know plenty of kids that smoked correctly and it took them 7 times to get high.
  6. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

ok thanks
  7. Alive-And-Dreaming Alive-And-Dreaming

• Since: Mar 10, 2008
    Make sure you INHALE!!!!!!!!!!! none of that pull halfway down your throat bullshit. Pull some smoke into your mouth like you would a cigar. then inhale fresh air. the smoke should rush down with it. Hold it. exhale.
  8. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

and dont swallow it right? thats what my friend told me
  9. Alive-And-Dreaming Alive-And-Dreaming

• Since: Mar 10, 2008
    definately don't swallow smoke. just inhale. make sure that shit gets into your lungs.
  10. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

about how many hits are in a g? my friend got me a mid and some stick. how do you smoke stick? do you combine it with the mid?
  11. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    Can I function normally? Yes, but it takes a little more concentration. I can read texts, magazines and books and do intricate things on knives with a calmer feeling.

I do have a little advice for ya.....Take a hit or two and wait for ten minutes. Take it slow. See how you feel, because for some it is a completely pleasant experience. Others can feel unpleasant the first one or two times. If it's really good bud it could really get you stoned, so moderation is the key for the first few times until you really get the hang of it.....:wave:

As far as the number of hits in a gram, how big a hit? :shrug: That depends on the person, right? I must not be up on the slang in your area....What is a stick?

Some Where In Ded Land.....................;)
  12. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

like idk...its apparently very sticky, and very strong. is it pcp? i really dont know but id like to before i try....
  13. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    Damn homey, don't do something you have no idea what it is! :wth: That's sure sounds like a bad idea to me, and if it's PCP, the psychological changes could be devastating........

Not a good idea. Find out what it is for sure and maybe think of getting rid of it if your not for sure........

Some Where In Ded Land....................;)
  14. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

yea i know. I'm pretty sure its not PCP. I payed 30 bucks for a mid and stick one g total. Is tht a lot or a little?
  15. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    Yeah man I have NO idea what the hell a stick is...but it certainly sounds like something I wouldn't touch, especially if I don't have any idea of what it is

EDIT: I sure as hell hope you aren't talking about this:
    "sherm stick

Marijuana dipped in embalming fluid"
    If that is true, stay the hell away from it man
  16. S&MPenguin S&MPenguin

• Since: Nov 27, 2006
    I'm thinking stick maybe some kind of shorthand for sticky meaning some good but who the hell knows?. I just can't imagine anyone would straight up hit a first timer youngling with sherm. Though it would be kind of funny (in a fucked up way) if it was just a piece of bud on a huge as stem equaling 1 gram total.Tied stick you know.

And if it a mix and match gram of some mid and some good yes it does sound like you're getting gouged so renogiate if you can(check the wieght and prices sticky at the top of this subforum).But getting raped is basically par for the course your first couple of go arounds so take it in stride you'll learn and try best your best to enjoy because the first couple of times are special.
  17. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

yea i think its sticky. im pretty sure he kinda ripping me off...but w/e...its my first time and im gonna start growing it soon
  18. purplehaze39 purplehaze39

k yea i'm asking him if its sherm stick because theres no way i'm doing it
  19. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    I'm sure its just weed and fine to smoke. Just don't expect anything too magical, marijuana gives a nice feeling buts its by no means a true psycadelic experience. Take it slow, that goes for the first time trying anything new. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are doing. Don't let yourself be pushed. Have a blast and welcome to the stoned world.
  20. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    It's not a PCP Joint, guys...purple haze, it sounds like "stick" is just another word for "good weed" in your area. Good weed is usually 15 a gram, and mids are ususally 10 a gram, so paying $30 for a gram of both isn't too bad at all.

If you are handed weed that has a very "chemical" smell, or if you buy something already rolled into a joint, and the joint is wet....don't smoke that. If PCP is present, you'll be able to tell, easily. It's usually a thick liquid, and you dip a joint in a vial, and then you suck the joint to "pull" the PCP all the way down to end.

Everyone else has some good words for getting stoned. I'm just here to keep you away from smoking dippers. Believe me, you don't want to do it. Turns you into a crazy person who walks on the streets talking to themselves....seen it destroy the sanity of friends.

I hope you have a blast though.