Flushing out THC

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by J Cheese, Nov 12, 2008.

1. J Cheese J Cheese

• Since: Oct 4, 2008
    I was chatting to my dealer earlier today (we are good mates)....

We are both on a weeks break from weed in order to hopefully lower our tolerances...

Anyway we were talking about it and he told me that drinking lots of water apparently flushes out the THC in the body and lowers your tolerance....

Does anybody know anything about this ?

Or have any theories on it?

Shall i drink lots of water, in order to help lower my tolerance?

He did say he was drinking like 3 litres a day...possibly a little more.

If drinking more water won't do anything...does anybody know of any ways to help lower it quicker ?

Thanks
  2. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    I was also told this once by a dealer but I'm afraid I have no idea if its true. I think THC metabolites are stored in your fat so somehow it seems unlikely.
    Never hurts to drink more water.
  3. 2slo2run 2slo2run

• Since: Oct 15, 2008
    I noticed my tolerance level was always consistantly lower in the summer. This was because I was biking everywhere everyday, burning fat constantly. Now that it has gotten cold my workouts have gone to only a few times a week and mostly weights and my tolerance just keeps getting higher and higher...

I drink the same amount of water now as I always have so I can't comment on that but try some nice aerobic exercise for the next few days/weeks/months and try to burn out some of the excess fat cells that are storing the metabolites :)
    also: if you work out more consistantly your lungs function better and you can take deeper hits...
    1 people like this.
  4. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    Exercise is your best option.

THC is in fact stored in Fat Cells.

Exercise burns fat cells.

Water aids in promoting a healthier work out.

In unison, It is helping flush out thc.
  5. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Within a few hours of consuming cannabis, you don't have any THC in your system. You have its breakdown metabolites, primarily THC-COOH.

Nothing eliminates THC metabolites from your body, other than time and fat-burning exercise. Drinking a lot of fluids will reduce the concentration of THC metabolites in your urine, if done immediately before a UA, but it doesn't speed their elimination from your tissues.

Tolerance, BTW, has nothing to do with the level of THC metabolites in your body. These chemicals are completely inactive. Tolerance happens because the THC receptor sites in your brain turn off when they get too much THC. When they're no longer flooded with THC they start to turn on again.

The Tolerance Factor
    4 people like this.
  6. Molasses Molasses

• Since: Oct 18, 2008
    Buzzby, if you would, could you please sum up in a few sentences the underlying theory that that link presents on tolerance? I read the whole page, but it's still kinda fuzzy to me...