For the sit out firecracker method...

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by antnas, May 4, 2011.

1. antnas antnas

• Since: Nov 11, 2010
    Can you do the sit out method (not cooking the weed in the peanutbutter but letting it sit for 3-5 days) without heating the weed at all?
  2. Drew420 Drew420

• Since: Mar 15, 2011
    I have never even heard of that. But the THC needs to be activated through heat, so I'm thinking no.
  3. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    What's activated THC?
  4. Drew420 Drew420

THC has to be broken down (I think) to be active. I think this works kinda like any other chemical reaction. Heat (burning) works as an accelerant. You can ingest without activating the weed by smoking or cooking, but it won't be efficient and will take forever to kick in. Or it may not work at all. I suck at chemistry.
  5. hector hector

• Since: Jun 19, 2009
    http://www.marijuana.com/medicinal-marijuana/9130-whats-ideal-temp-activatin-thc.html

i found this quote in an old thread

In the plant the cannabinoids exist mainly in their carboxylic forms as cannabinoid acids. However, the phenolic form of THC is responsible for the psychotropic and the most medicinal effects. Decarboxylation (separation of CO2) to the phenolic form occurs readily over time, upon heating or under alkaline conditions.
    The ratio of THC acids (THCA) to phenolic THC has been reported to range between 2:1 (Africa) and >20:1 (Switzerland) in leaves and flowers of
    Cannabis sativa. In plants grown in Middle Europe (United Kingdom) from Moroccan, Sri Lankan and Zambian seed stocks the THCA/THC ratio was 17:1 compared with 2:1 in the plants from the original areas (Africa, Asia). In hashish (cannabis resin) the THCA/THC ratio was reported to range between 6.1:1 and 0.5:1, the latter in hashish from India. Thus, the percentage of phenolic THC of all THC in cannabis products varied between less than 5% in cannabis leaves grown in Switzerland up to 65% in hashish from India.
    Cannabis products with a high content of phenolic THC (e.g. hashish) may be very potent without heating, but usually the potency of cannabis products is considerably increased with heating (smoking, cooking).
    Modified according to: Grotenhermen F. Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids. Clinical Pharmacokinetics 2001, in press
  6. antnas antnas

Yes i saw a quote around the same lines on erowid.. So is it confirmed that i indeed will get really high still even if i dont add heat before putting it in the firecracker and waiting 5 days?
    If i were to just activate the thc through heat though to give it an extra push would putting it in the microwave for like 30sec-1min work?
  7. Drew420 Drew420

Just whatever is the equivalent of the time it'd need in an over.
  8. antnas antnas

No im not talking about fully cooking im talkimng about to just activate it
  9. Drew420 Drew420

Shit, I dunno... Probably depends on the microwave. Is there really nowhere you can bake 'em?
  10. antnas antnas

I can bake them i just really want to test out the sit out method since i have enough to do whatever
  11. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Too much heat will vape your weed. This means too long in a microwave is a bad thing.
    I have nuked weed using 10 second burst with a minute or more of rest between zappings with success.. However, I have set MJ on fire in the microwave at somewhere between 15 and 20 seconds.

Note the attached article does say that

As I read it and as other sites explain if you just let your weed get dry enough, over time, decarboxylation will occur without the application of heat. Figure out how much weed you would use and put it in a bowl in a dark place for a few weeks until it is crispy dry. Then mix it into some PB and wait a week and see what happens.

Or make the firecrackers, wrap them in foil and place them on the dashboard of your car pointed towards the sun. Solar firecrackers