freaking out over leg hair test

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by jojo68, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jojo68 jojo68

• Since: Aug 2, 2006
    call me crazy, but I am freaked out over a hair test sample that was taken on 7-28-06. the last time I used weed was in December of 2004! I also sniffed a tiny amount of coke on New Year's Eve 2004 (1-31-04)...Since then, over 1.5 years, I have been completely clean. I would maybe use once or twice a year prior to 2004. I have read that pre-employment screening goes back 90 days, BUT they took leg hair as a sample since my head hair was too short. Doesn't leg hair grow extremely slow? Will some of these toxins still be in my leg hair? If they find toxins in the leg hair can they pinpoint the date as to when they entered your system, giving me a 'negative' result since they can only go back 90 days? I work out 6 days a week and have great nutritional habits, if that matters any...thanks for anyone getting back to me -
  2. FakeBoobsRule FakeBoobsRule

• Nice legs are a must (LC)
    • Since: Jun 13, 2006
    Calm down and don't worry at all. 2 and 1/2 years clean will be no problem. Leg hair does grow a little slower than the hair on your head but not that much slower. The growth times can be found in the FAQ on hair testing thread. They are supposed to take this into consideration. Plus, they are only supposed to go back 90 days because it becomes inaccurate after 90 days. You did so little you won't really have anything detectable but the thing is most of the hairs that saw drugs are probably gone now. The life of a body hair is usually around 9-12 months. It grows for about 3-6 months then stops growing. Then it is just there for a few more months, then a new hair from that same follicle begins to grow and push the old hair out. The life of a head hair is much longer but body hair is replaced quickly. Enjoy a negative drug test.:)
    1 people like this.
  3. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    You are crazy.:D
    You will be fine.
    It does grow slower, but falls out and is replaced periodically.
    NO
    No. They are allowed by government guidelines to tests for 90 days. The techology is reportedly there for forensic sampling to get an idea of when drug use took place, but not to pinpoint it. For example they could take a sample of hair 6" long and cut it into 1/2" segments and tell approx. when the drug use took place.
    There hasn't been any evidence, that I am aware of, that exercising and diet will have an effect on the results of a hair test.
    You're welcome.:)
  4. jojo68 jojo68

thank you not freaking out anymore

thanks appreciate the insight!
  5. FakeBoobsRule FakeBoobsRule

Don't mention it. I'm glad you're not freaking out anymore about drug use from over 2 &1/2 years ago. That would really suck but thank God Big brother isn't watching that hard!
  6. jojo68 jojo68

thanks it was actually over 19 months ago, but i from the replies i received everything should be OK
  7. FakeBoobsRule FakeBoobsRule

I was looking at the use in January 2004 and forgot about the use in December 2004. Opps!
  8. jojo68 jojo68

testing time frame

:eek: i know you guys said i have nothing to worry about, based on my usage 19+ months ago. of course it is human nature to be concerned until you get the final word - i have read that negative psychemedics tests are usually sent back to the employer within 24 hrs of testing and if positive it takes 48-72 hrs. I spoke with my new employer HR yesterday regarding other issues and she noted that they still had not received my DT results! the sample was shaved off my leg last friday, and now it is 6 full days later (counting the weekend). what do you think? am i still crazy for worrying about this nonsense?
  9. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

I still say you have nothing to worry about. I took my test on a Wed. and HR called me the following Tues. and asked if I wanted to accept the job. Do you have a start date for the job? A lot of things could have happened. They lost the sample, busy lab, etc. Whatever you do, don't smoke. You may have to retest if they happened to have lost the sample. I believe one person on this forum was 2 weeks or so getting the results. Have patience.
  10. jojo68 jojo68

sounds good. i quit completely january of 2005 any substances, so not smoking isn't an issue. i start on 8/7/06. it sounds like these tests take a long time compared to urine.
  11. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

So Monday morning you will be at your new job.:D Congratulations on quitting all substances. You should be proud of yourself.;)
  12. jojo68 jojo68

thank you-your confidence in my passing helps ease my anxiety
  13. cyclops cyclops

• Since: May 28, 2006

Dont be anxious - you will pass with 100% certainty.