Fun iPod Touch/iPhone apps

Discussion in 'Games and Sports' started by Zeroxtreem, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    • Since: Apr 6, 2009
    I've been messing around on my iPod a lot lately and have downloaded a few fun games to play, sober or not. ;)

One of them is Pets Live. It's like a really dumbed down version of Pokémon but you're only suppose to play it a few times a day for ten minutes (I'm not sure how to describe it any other way then that, but it resembles mafia wars on myspace). You make an account (inside the game) and you fight other people like yourself online. The internet is required for this game but not on the others I'm about to mention. It's also free to install.

Another one is Zombieville USA. I think it costs $1.99. They recently put in an update that lets you be one of 15 unique characters instead of just one guy all the time, and the objective is to just kill zombies. You run down a sidewalk and loot houses while you have a melee weapon and some kind of weapons ranging from a shotgun to chainsaw to a laser beam.

And lastly, another game I like is "OMG! PIRATES!". It's made by the same people who made Zombieville USA, and while it's another dumb combat-oriented game (you control a ninja and your goal is to fuck up as many pirates as possible in different levels) it can be fun. :) I think it also costs $1.99

If you have any suggestions to add to this thread, please do. I always like finding new games on my iPod. Just state what the game is, how much it costs, a little info about what it's about, etc. Most of the time that's how I find out about cool games...through other people. :D
  2. Kyle420 Kyle420

• Since: Jan 22, 2010
    Tap tap revenge is pretty cool, I usually whip it out and play a song when I'm bored. It has an online mode to but I'm not quite sure how to use it. Also a level system where you get experience for completing songs. Currently a level 9, leveling is tough.
    1 people like this.
  3. WaterCurses WaterCurses

• Since: Jan 21, 2010
    Touchgrind
    1 people like this.
  4. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    I jb my iPod so I can get whatever I want and customize it. Price is not an issue for me :p
    1 people like this.
  5. Toxik Toxik

• Since: May 24, 2009
    Haha, jailbroke mine too^ :D And a fun game which is free is Falldown!, you just roll the ball and try to fall down the levels without it escalating the ball to the top of the screen and crushing it. Kind of addicting too haha, my high score is 180. Oh and DoodleJump is amazingly fun as well, 99 cents on the appstore. But I reccomend jailbreaking your ipod :) FREE APPS FTW!!
    1 people like this.
  6. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    I have falldown and my highscore on it is 140. Also, call of duty zombies is amazing on the touch or iPhone. My highscore is round 29 on the touch.
    1 people like this.
  7. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    I bought this iPod jailbroken already - however Cydia doesn't work. The other apps seem to, though. I'll click on Cydia, it'll load, and then right when it should start loading, it closes. Anyone know what I could do about that?
  8. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    What firmware is it? If it's not 3.0, download 3.0 off the Internet and download blackra1n. After you've downloaded those two, restore your device and plug it into iTunes. After, hold shift (for windows users) and click restore. Then select the 3.0 file. After it's done. Go again to shift + restore and open the blackra1n file. After that you're done and have a jailbroken touch on 3.0 software. Upgrading to 3.1.2 is useless and I regret doing so. When you go into the jailbreaking process, select rock and not Cydia. I say this because rock is 100 times better and faster than cydia and takes up less space. Btw, the first restore I said may not be necessary but everything else is. Have fun :p
  9. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    I'll add this here for anyone who's wondering:

Ok, firmware is basically the version the iPod is running on. The latest 'big' upgrade was 3.0. Personally, I think the firmwares after 3.0 are a waste. Ok, now blackra1n. In the history of jailbreaking, there was yellowsn0w, redsn0w and the newest: blackra1n. Yellowsn0w and redsn0w are now not really needed since blackra1n came out. Go into settings > general > about and check what firmware you have. If you don't have 3.0 or higher, google 3.0 download and download it from a safe file. Most websites that have it are safe. Now, go into iTunes under the iPod and hold shift while clicking the restore button. Remember, this is only if you don't already have 3.0. Save the file to desktop to make it easier. Now, open that file and iTunes will do the rest. Remember, all your information will be lost so back up your stuff! Now, here's the jailbreaking part. If you have 3.0 just skip right to here. Download blackra1n from the website and nowhere else. Save to desktop again to make it easier. I messed up on my other post about using iTunes to jailbreak with blackra1n. Open the file with you iPod plugged in and follow the necessary steps. I suggest that you do not download Cydia but if you want, hey, why not? Although, I must say that rock is a must. It's very, very fast and doesn't take up as much memory as cydia. You've never used cydia before so you don't know how slow cydia is at loading in the beginning. Anyways, once you check all of that, you're done! If you want free apps and such, ask me again after you're done all of this. Man, this is a lot of writting. Hope this helps! Good luck, Zero
  10. cashmeer cashmeer

• Since: Apr 7, 2010
    Check out "the Well" a casual music game for Iphone and ipod touch

I made an app called, The Well that is on the App store now. Its a music game, like rock band or tap tap revenge, but its much mellower than those games, and you don't have to buy any tracks to play, it uses the tracks that are already on your iphone or ipod. Its a very relaxing and fun game that I designed to be played when stoned. Check it out and let me know what you think for future updates!

thanks
    Ash Meer
  11. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    I picked up a few more games to check out. Forgot about this thread and I like my ipod apps and I'd like to find more so hopefully some people will contribute some good games. :)

All the games I'll list are free, since I don't spend money on anything. Because I'm a cheap bastard. :)

Crush the Castle -

It's a physics based game. There are two world maps, on each map, I think there's 4-5 different regions. And inside each region, there are anywhere from 6 or 7 to 15 castles. The object is, with a catapult, to launch various object at the castle to kill all the people that are in it. You don't necessarily have to "crush the castle" but that definitely does it. ;)

You get anywhere from large boulders, to a small bottle containing liquid fire, to a bomb. Definitely a fun game.

Zombie Farm -

Like the title hints, it's a farm about zombies, lol

You plant crops as a main income on a farm. You also "plant" zombies. You can buy decorations, some that do nothing besides decorate your farm, others that give you bonuses. You can have a max of 16 zombies, and once you have at least 8 (although it's better to have a full 16) you can invade a few different areas. The game is based off real time, so you have to actually wait for the crops and zombies to "bloom". Some crops take 15 minutes to blossom, others take up to a day or two. You can upgrade your zombies in a lot of different ways and I think it's a good way to pass the time.

We Rule -

Similar to Zombie Farm in the sense that anything you build/grow is based off real time. Some crops take 10 minutes, and some take hours and hours. You start out with a small plot of land and a castle in the center, which gradually gets bigger and bigger the more you level up. It's set up as a "community", meaning the more friends you have the more castles surround your castles, and people can interact with your castle as you can with others, placing "orders" on things, like drinks at a bar or eggs from a dragon's lair. It's kind of like The Sims, except with noticeable differences but with the same concept.

Bounce Bullet -

You play a stationary person in the bottom left corner of the screen and you shoot bullets that can bounce off of walls and sides of the screen, and your objective is to kill all the people (it has a feature for lollipops instead of people for "children under the age of 18" or something lol). Also a fun game to pass some time.

If you have any apps (try to include free apps, as I try not to buy any games...the few I do cost $0.99.) that you feel as though are fun, write a review on them and include the name and cost (if it's free, say free).

:)
  12. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    I'll add some too.

-The impossible game (the one with the orange square hopping obstacles) VERY, VERY HARD
    -Doodle Jump (I have a personal best of 57,944
    -Skijump
    -FallDown!
    -iStunt

For us with jailbroken iPods/iPhones:
    -gb4iphone (gameboy emulator with built-in search)

There ya go :)
  13. cbrown6 cbrown6

• Since: May 17, 2010
    Pocket Tanks
    Imobsters
    solitare
    traffic rush

all free at the time I downloaded them...
  14. ADIDAS ADIDAS

• Represent. KY
    • Since: Sep 6, 2005
    Google Earth (free) is always fun
    Fast and furious (.99)- very cool racing game, nice response, good graphics
    Cube Runner (free)- my personal favorite "addicting" game. very simple UI. just avoid hitting the blocks!
    Bounce Down (free)- youre a blob and you fall onto platforms. You cant hit the top, or the bottom. Time passer

Favorite apps:
    Gymbuddy (2.99)- very simple layout to track all your workouts. A must for any stoner lifter (always forgetting what group to lift or how many sets lol) I LOVE this app.
    2do lite (free)- a great task organizer with a beautiful layout. I cant live without this app, I even bought the full version.
    Sleep Cycle (.99)- really cool. monitors your sleep throughout the night. set the alarm, and it finds the most appropriate time to wake you based on your movement. Plus you can see the graph from how you slept.
    Runkeeper lite (free)- Great running app. Measures distance by GPS. Also gives pace times etc..
    1 people like this.
  15. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    Thank you for actually writing some words after each app. :)
    1 people like this.
  16. brunette420 brunette420

• Since: Sep 8, 2011
    my favorite iPhone games to play stoned are...

osmos. your an orb and you have to collide with other orbs to become the biggest. very relaxing music when your stoned. theres arcade mode which is 8 different levels of various ways to become the biggest orb and then odyssey which you have to play to unlock the arcade mode.

mancala. basically trying to steal other peoples gems and finish with the most. make sure you DL Mancala FS5. the other ones are dumb.

battleship. although once you get all the perks and are done leveling up it gets boring.

beer pong. self explanatory. it's beer pong.

poker. also self explanatory.

and 7 little words. it's a word game where you have to put together words with fragments of words with off the wall hints to help you with the answers.

angry birds.