Had test today! Quest Diagnostics Cut off levels?

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by flower27, Jun 24, 2008.

1. flower27 flower27

• Since: Jun 19, 2008
    I finally had the test today! My scalp and ears are shot! It was quest diagnostics lab which I wasnt expecting. Anyone have any experience with them and what there cut off levels are? I am also attaching a quote with some new info I found about humidity and thc levels. If you are in a humid place you may be in luck!

"Hair strand testing detects the presence drug metabolites that have passively diffused from the blood stream to the base of the hair follicle. Critics of this troublesome technology rightly argue that the test is biased by both race (e.g., The tests is more sensitive to minorities and people with darker-colored hair) and age (e.g. Grey hair uptakes fewer metabolites than normally colored hair). While studies have indicated that marijuana metabolites do not bind sufficiently to hair compared to other drugs such as cocaine – read: occasional cannabis consumption may go undetected on a hair test – recent research also indicates that exposure to high humidity will rapidly break down marijuana metabolite levels in the hair of heavier smokers, increasing the likelihood of a negative result"
  2. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    It doesn't matter where the sample was sent. They all have gov't. standards of collecting, testing, cut off, etc. Pyscho-medics was the front runner in hair testing but they still have to follow the same procedure as Quest or anyone else.
    Kind of like the saying: You say tomato, I say tomato. It is still a tomato.
    Or....a rose by any other name is still a rose.

If you will pass with Pycho-medics you will pass with Quest and vice versa.

It's a hair test...........period.;)
    1 people like this.
  3. flower27 flower27

so it is safe to say if I passed the hair confirm home test I will pass any test? I passed that home confirm test (omega labs) last week and have done alot more treatments since then so you think I am good?
  4. Jerry G Jerry G

• Since: Apr 14, 2007
    I don't mean to be a jerk, but 1toke and I answered your questions for you in earlier threads.

Why start another thread asking the same questions?

Did you not believe us the first time?

Who are you going to believe?
    1 people like this.
  5. flower27 flower27

sorry to hurt your feelings...I am just freaking out and looking for more reassurance. I have been so overwhelmed by this I dont even know for sure what I have asked.I do appreciate your advice and it has been helpful
  6. Jerry G Jerry G

• Since: Apr 14, 2007
    You have not hurt my feelings. It just boggles my mind when someone can't digest the facts when spoon fed.

My questions are somewhat rhetorical, you've got two of the most dedicated and knowledgeable people on the internet helping you, yet you keep asking us to repeat ourselves. It's sort of insulting, and it makes me wonder why I'm still here.
    1 people like this.
  7. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    That is why it is a good idea to keep all post regarding your test in the same thread. It makes it easier for you and for us.;)

Freaking out is normal for some people when preparing for a hair test or waiting for the results.

Sec(3) and I used to give the advice that if you are actively looking for a job you should quit taking drugs. It wasn't popular but it was good advice. If you are looking for a job there is a good chance you will be drug tested. If you have been taking drugs there is a chance you will fail. Once you submit to giving the sample it's really too late to worry. You will either pass or fail. Drug test can be beat but not everyone can beat them. This site gives you the best chance and as Jerry said it has some of the best on the internet.

1Toke :wave:
    1 people like this.