Hair Test in 2 weeks and I'm freaking out!

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by bbbrian0072, Aug 9, 2006.

1. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

• Since: Aug 8, 2006
    I'm a nervous wreck over here... I can't believe they're doing a freaking HAIR TEST on me!!! I'm a computer programmer, don't they know all programmers are high?

I've been reading this site for 2 days now. I've started the "Mac Method", but I want to know what else you guys might recommend...

Stats:
    Fine reddish brown hair (mostly brown) - about 1.5 inches long
    Haven't smoked in a month.

When I smoked a month ago, it was around 5 bowls a day for about a week... I hadn't smoked anything for months before that, and haven't smoked anything since.

I've got apple cider vinegar
    Clean And Clear (bule liquid stuff that smells pretty bad and burns a little)
    Tide
    Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3

I've read a lot of people using that Nexxus Aloe Rid Treatment, but it is no longer manufactured - is there a similar product out there? I checked Nexxus' site, but didn't find anything...

I have been thinking about bleaching my hair, then re-dying it back to the original color, but I've never dyed my hair before and I'm afraid I'll mess up and be too obvious - management knows I'm about to get tested...

Is there anything you guys think I should buy? I ALMOST bought that Afterburner stuff - and I still will if it's the best thing out there...

I'm rambling, sorry - my nerves are SHOT!

Thoughts? Please?
  2. FakeBoobsRule FakeBoobsRule

• Nice legs are a must (LC)
    • Since: Jun 13, 2006
    First of all you should take back the blue clean and clear and get the pink clean and clear that has 2% salicyclic acid. I think the blue is only .5%. I never found the Aloe Rid treatment either but I did find and use the Paul Mitchell 3. I don't recommend afterburner at all. When I called them to ask questions about their product they tried to sell me more things for a total of about $150-180. So other people on here I think have had bad experiences with Afterburner too so I don't recommend this one. I did about 20 Macujoy treatments and the last thing was the Zydot hair cleaner. I passed and I am not sure which one did it, the Macujoy or the Zydot. To be honest I think the main reason why I passed was the 20 Macujoy treatments. Make sure you really saturate your hair when you do it.
  3. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    The Aloe Rid Treatment was available on ebay a while ago, but I haven't checked lately. Also it was available at Rite Aid if you have one in your area. Malibu 2000 has been used too.
    Good Luck
  4. cyclops cyclops

• Since: May 28, 2006
  5. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

WOW boobs, that Pink Clean-n-Clear (2%) BURNS! Thanks for pointing that out for me, I was wondering why everyone said it burned so bad.

Okay Cool, I just ordered a couple of bottles of that aloe rid... I guess I'm not supposed to put a link in here - If anyone wants to find it, Google "nexxus aloe rid treatment" and "USA Beauty Supplies". Then just be careful NOT to get shampoo - get the treatment stuff...

I'm going to overnight a couple bottles of that Zydot Ultra Clean too.

Should I cut my chest and undearm hair, just in case? They wouldn't go for arm hair would they - it seems like it wouldn't be enough?

I thought I'd go get my hair line trimmed up - maybe get the side burns and neck line buzzed but leaving it untouched on top... I realized while MacCujoing my hair tonight that the edges aren't getting the same amount of treatment that the rest gets...

Test day = Aug 22, I am going to be so tired of worrying by then... I can't believe they have the right to pry into my personal life like this!

I can't thank you guys enough for your quick replies - Its reassuring knowing someone is there to talk to about this...

-bbb
  6. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

Does anyone have any idea why the Zydot site says, "To be used ONLY on the day you wish your hair to be clean and free of unwanted impurities."?

I was planning to use it at least couple times... I guess not... Hmm, I dunno about that one - seems like the more the merrier, right?

-bbb
  7. JackBauer JackBauer

• Since: Jun 15, 2006
    They tell you to use it the day of the test because as your hair grows, there is a chance that your body is still depositing THC in the new growth which the new growth will eventually show itself. No one is really sure how long after you last smoke that it is still deposting into the hair. Since the new growth was hiden in the scalp from the Zydot or any treatment it would probably still be dirty. The hair does extend somewhat under the surface under the skin. Most of the products say that the hair is clean for about 8 hours after use, probably because it takes about 8 hours for the hair to growth out from the scalp enough to matter. If you want to use it more than once then each use should clean the hair growth that is showing from past the scalp and if the product does work then it should clean this exposed hair to some degree. So you can use it more than once if you want just make sure you test within 8 hours of the last treatment. Also, I think Zydot markets themself as something that can allow you to keep smoking as long as you use their product, which I wouldn't recommend. Clean time before the test can never hurt. Also, if you look closely at most of these products they also say that if the hair is cut within 8 hours of the treatment then the cut hair is clean forever once cut because there is no more new hair growth. Again, that is assuming the products work. Zydot seems to be a favorite while afterburner gets poor reviews.
  8. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

Ok Cool - that make sense. I'm gonna go ahead and order 2 Zydot kits then.

So for then next 11 days, the schedule is like this:
    * Mornings: "Mini-MacCujo" (few minutes of Clean-n-Clear followed by PM3).

* Nights: Full-MacCujo (few minutes Tide, then Dry, 10 mins vinegar, 10 mins C&C, few minutes Tide, 5 minutes Nexxus Aloe Rid Treatment)

* Night before test: Full-MacCujo, dry hair, followed by Zydot

* Morning of test: Full-MacCujo, dry hair, followed by Zydot

I'll still considering bleaching and redying my hair - I know it will help, but I don't want to look too crazy at work. I think the HR guy knows I'm dreading this test as it is... Of course looking obvious is better than failing the test... I'm also trying not to look to obvious to the tester, you know, dyed hair, red, peeling scalp... Hmm... I HATE this... I only hope I get to post good news afterwards...

-bbb
  9. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

You don't need to worry about the tester. The HR person is the one you need to worry about. The one that takes the sample does exactly that. Take the sample.
    Good Luck
  10. hambone hambone

• Since: Jul 30, 2006
    1tokes right, the person that takes the sample doesn't care what you did to your head, only that you have enough hair for the taking.

Personaly I think the bleach is a bit much, I did do a perm however and that hurt more the the CAC. :eek:
  11. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

HairTest = PASSED!!!

Well, after a very tactful question about direct deposit, I got the HR guy to tell me that my drug test results came back negative! I PASSED!!!! :D

My poor scalp...

Here's what I ended up doing:

11 nights in a row:
    Mac-method like this:
    Wearing rubber gloves (because after 2 nights my hands started peeling)

1) Jump in shower and scrub vigorously with Tide for 1-2 minutes (to get rid of any hair styling crap). Towel dry.

2) Apple cider vinegar, drenched head, scrubbed it in, and put on a shower cap. Wait 10 minutes.

3) Clean and Clear (pink liquid stuff), drenched head, scrubbed it in, and put on a shower cap. Wait 10 minutes.

4) Jump in shower and scrub vigorously with Tide for 5 minutes.

5) Still in shower, scrub with Paul Mitchell Shampoo 3 for 5 minutes - towel dry...

Tide, Vinegar, CAC, Tide, PM3 - takes about 45 minutes / night

It's a brutal process, you will have dandruff after a few days.

The last 4 nights, I did more than that (this is in addition to the Mac-Method):

Nights 1 & 2) I used Folli-Kleen Detox Shampoo two nights in a row (as directed)

Nights 3 & 4) I used ZYDOT Ultra Clean Shampoo and Conditioner (the 3 step kit) the last two nights...

Ruthless, I know...

I also went ahead and had my side-burns cut off and the back of my hair faded in so there was not enough to sample from anywhere other than the top of my head, that way I could focus my cleansing efforts to that one spot. I cut it REAL short on the back and sides so they wouldn't even try it...

Stats:
    Smoked a quarter oz a month before the test.
    Fine Hair, 1.5 inches long (reddish brown - mostly brown)
    White boy

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THIS INVALUABLE SITE!

I can't believe they are allowed to mess with people like this!

LEAGALIZE IT! :wave:

-BBB
  12. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

Congratulations on passing.:) A good description of what your method was.
  13. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

Should I copy-n-paste my results to the results thread? Or will it be just as useful here?
  14. bbbrian0072 bbbrian0072

Eh - I'll copy it on over, can't hurt...
  15. sollid4 sollid4

• Since: Apr 2, 2007
    Zydot Shampoo

Please Help I have a few boxes of the Zydot Hair shampoo. Does it work if you use it back to back with more applications. Meaning if I use all 3 boxes is it more effective?
  16. gambit2007 gambit2007

• Since: Mar 27, 2007
    Cuttting hair before test

I've been macujo-ing and Rid shampoo-ing, still cant find the clarifying treatment (i have the shampoo) or anything similar... got any ideas...

Earlier in this post someone said NOT to cut your hair, I was planning on trimming hair down to a little over a inch thinking this would make less hair for possible failure... I dont understand why it is advised NOT to cut your hair can someone please explain this to me...

My last smoke was end of February, see my posts for details on history if needed.

Let me know your thoughts - Thanx