Have You Ever Experienced Ego Death On Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Silverbackman, May 20, 2007.

?

Have you ever experienced ego death on cannabis?

Yes, and I enjoyed it 24 vote(s) 21.2%
Yes, but I didn't enjoy it 10 vote(s) 8.8%
No, but I'm sure it's possible 37 vote(s) 32.7%
No, and I doubt it's possible 42 vote(s) 37.2%
  1. Silverbackman Silverbackman

• Since: May 23, 2006
    Cannabis is considered a mild psychedelic;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug#Subjective_and_behavioral_effects

At high enough doses a weed high can resemble a low dose of LSD or shrooms. Perhaps at insanely high levels you could experience the epitome of revelation found in the classic psychedelics.

Have any of you ever experienced ego death from weed? I assume you would have to consume like an ounce all at once the reach such a level. But do you think it is possible? If so how was it? And how was it compared to ego death from acid or shrooms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death

Vote in the poll and discuss.
  2. Dank Perception Dank Perception

• 4TheLULZ!
    • Since: Nov 9, 2006
    Yup. And it all depends on how I'm feeling, what I'm lsitening to, ect... Some Jimi Hendrix definitely improves the situation as long as I'm feeling like listening to it at the time.
  3. vern vern

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    Even though marijuana is classified as a psychedelic, many smokers will claim even hallucinations are even impossible to get from smoking. Ego loss is a lot bigger step than hallucinations.

I don't think its possible. Your body won't let you get that high. "Smoking more pot doesn't increase the effects of the drug; it diminishes them."

The Tolerance Factor
    2 people like this.
  4. Dank Perception Dank Perception

• 4TheLULZ!
    • Since: Nov 9, 2006
    I should mention that this only happens when I'm riding a bys, or when I'm closing my eyes while laying down in pitch black, listening to music and the ego loss-death is shortcomed and I come back to noticing everything after every few minutes or so.
  5. Itzamna Itzamna

• Since: Jan 8, 2007
    ive experienced mild hallucinations but that was it.
  6. vern vern

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    Wikipedia's definition was pretty weak, so here is a better definition of ego-loss.
    Source.

"sum total of all the thoughts, feelings and sensations that make up a person's experience"

I don't think you can lose all that just by smoking weed. In my experience, marijuana increases all of those.
  7. Raised Fist Raised Fist

• Since: Sep 17, 2003
    I don't think you know what Ego Loss is. ;) :wave:

I personally don't believe it is possible from marijuana. I don't even think one can get "low dose" effects of shrooms and LSD from pot. They are just different drugs, different effects.

I have experienced it before from other psychedelics, but pot? Nope.
  8. Haddock Haddock

• Since: Aug 2, 2002
    I think it'd be possible if you consumed ridiculous amounts of weed, but I doubt it.
  9. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    No, and I'm pretty sure it's not possible. I don't even think that you can get hallucinations, not even mild ones.

I've never heard a person who has actually experienced a strong psychedelic ever say that weed can make you hallucinate or have ego-death. Ego-death is much more intense than hallucinations...
  10. k20 k20

• Since: Nov 12, 2006
    What's Ego Death? Wiki doesn't really explain it too well.
  11. Raised Fist Raised Fist

It's when your ego dies. The voice in your head is no longer there, you lose whatever you grasp to be reality. You can no longer distinguish between your surroundings and yourself.

Basically if reality is shit, well, it hits the fan.

I'm telling you that ANY member here who has experiences with multiple drugs, and have smoked for years, can tell you marijuana will not induce it.

It's a life changing experience.
  12. k20 k20

• Since: Nov 12, 2006
    For the better?
  13. Raised Fist Raised Fist

Depends if one is ready for it or not.

Some people hold too dear the material world, and for it to break apart infront of them might be too much. ;)
  14. Tewks44 Tewks44

• Since: Apr 22, 2006
    while I've never experienced ego death I know someone who said that he "turned into a chair" once when he was really high. I don't know if he really experienced ego death or if it was more of a placebo thing.
  15. krad krad

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    No, but I'm sure it's possible.

I haven't every experienced ego death from smoking to much weed, but seems like i've come close. I think you'd pass out before something like that happened, but i'm sure it's possible ;)
  16. PetrolHead PetrolHead

• Since: Mar 3, 2007
    That's a big negative on the ego death, Ghostrider.
  17. NemoStoned NemoStoned

• Since: Feb 27, 2007
    I've been severed from reality when really blazed but there has never been a total loss of ego. I have had very low grade hallucinations. Seeing things in the corner of my eye, various shapes and stuff, lots of visual noise, especially with the lights off and the tv on.
  18. blik blik

• Since: May 5, 2005
    What is your definition of ego? and ego death?

It would be a good thing if we could all kill our ego's but I don't think smoking a lot of weed is going to do it. Smoking weed canhelp you find your inner self which is your real self. But I can't see it destroying your ego completely because that is a very hard thing to achieve.
  19. Skunkbuds Skunkbuds

• Since: May 21, 2007
    I smoke a joint or two every night and thats it so i do not consume large ammounts of mj except for last week. My buddies herbs were done so we smoked probably an ounce between three heads, but no ego death. After the 5th blunt it was basically impossible to blaze much more, mid you these were 5 and 6 g Ls so all that happend was went to sleep and the next morning woke up with killer chaped lips and still a bit goofed. Not my cup of tea, but no ego death!
  20. Weekend Hippie Weekend Hippie

• Since: May 7, 2006
    Sorry, but I accidently voted saying I had good ego death. But I really meant I just thought it was possible. I do believe however that I gone through partial ego death.