Have you ever made marijuana tea?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Merry-juana, Oct 23, 2007.

?

Did you ever made marijuana tea

This poll will close on Mar 10, 2035 at 8:57 AM.
Yes, I like it. 5 vote(s) 12.5%
Yes, I don't like it. 3 vote(s) 7.5%
No 32 vote(s) 80.0%
  1. Merry-juana Merry-juana

• Since: Oct 21, 2007
    If so, how is it, what effects does it have, how fast does it work, how strong is it and how long does it last?
  2. j20 j20

• Since: Aug 28, 2007
    I've never tried it, but honestly I can't picture it tasting very good... *shrug*
  3. Merry-juana Merry-juana

• Since: Oct 21, 2007
    When my harvest time comes, I'm going to try it, I think if cammomiel can give you a small high, and relax you, then marijuana probably could give you a super high.
  4. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    I've never gotten high other than by smoking other than like twice early in my smoking career where I ate a bunch of raw weed to get high.
  5. hdshff hdshff

• Since: Jun 22, 2007
    I know people who have gotten high off of stem tea but its pretty inefficient. If you really want to make tea dont waste your bud, use stems
  6. tekkenlaw tekkenlaw

• Since: Oct 31, 2005
    I have, but the way to make tea isn't just to add weed to water and boil it. Simmer your weed in cream first and put the cream in your tea.
  7. WheresMyDoobie WheresMyDoobie

• Since: Apr 5, 2007
    Tea is fuckin' awesome, excuse my lack of a better adjective lol..

Takes about 15min to kick in and it tastes great, brings a whole new meaning to "green tea"
  8. KMKbuzz4-2-0 KMKbuzz4-2-0

• Since: Jul 1, 2006
    Well you need to add some kind of fat or alcohol to it for it to have any psychoactive effects(get you high) because THC isn't water soluble. But when you do that its very nice. Mmmmm. So is Pot-Hot Chocolate.
  9. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    Several members have more or less hit upon it... ;) -

"THC is only very slightly soluble in boiling water. Adding either some alcohol or some oil to the mix will help the THC dissolve. An ounce of whole milk or a half ounce of hard liquor to a cup of boiling water increases the tea's potency quite a bit. A drink, made with marijuana leaves, spices, butter and milk would dissolve even more of the THC.

Since THC doesn't dissolve in hot water alone and the material is later strained and never directly consumed, no strong effect will be produced from water-based herbal tea. Additional boiling time with added milk and honey may provide a suitable carrier for cannabinoids to dissolve into.

In order to get the thc transfer, you need saturated fat.If you're making tea because you enjoy the herb flavor,great. But if you're trying to catch a potent buzz, you'd be better off infusing the herb in milk-cream and adding it to your tea...

HOW TO MAKE MARIJAUANA BUTTER FOR TEA

INGREDIENTS
    Butter: 2 sticks unsalted
    Leaf Matter: 1 Pot=approx. 3 ounces (use less if using bud)

Directions:
    Bring 2-3 cups water and butter to boil. Add as many leaves as you can fit in your pan and cover with the butter/water mixture. Continue boiling for about 1 hour. Mash and stir frequently to make sure all THC is extracted from the leaves into the butter. After cooking strain butter from leaf using cheese cloth. Boil a cup of water and use it to rinse out every last drop of butter from the leaves. Be sure to squeeze the leaves well to get all the butter out. Put liquid in fridge (or freezer) to cool. When the butter has solidified pour off water. Butter will keep in fridge or freezer, but keeps best in cooked food!*

*Billy ?
  10. ctwalrus ctwalrus

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    !!!!marijuana is not water soluble!!!!

so if you make tea make it mostley cream or just make weed cream and add the cream to your water but dont just put weed in a bag and put it in water it will not work
    it does taste good though
    but for the high effects make it with lots of cream because weed is fat soluble
  11. imFADED imFADED

• Since: Jun 12, 2008
    My classmate told me how he does it but it sounds pretty pointless. The way he explained it really did not sound as if it would work.
  12. allenlovesgreen allenlovesgreen

• Subscriber
    • Since: Jun 26, 2008
    could u ad sugar instead of alcohol or fat??
  13. ctwalrus ctwalrus

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    no just use lots of cream!!!!