Have you ever passed out from smoking?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by StonedCoder, Jan 1, 2010.

1. StonedCoder StonedCoder

• Since: Aug 4, 2009
    And I don't mean passed out like sleeping, I mean fainted.

I ask because last night I was smoking with a 40-something guy who took a hit from a bowl, held in the smoke while suppressing coughs and then passed out. My friend started saying his name but the guy didn't wake up until he shook him awake. The guy woke up not knowing what happened and we had to tell him. Everything was fine once it was over but it sure freaked us out.

I think he must have just denied his brain oxygen by coughing while still holding his breath but I wanted everyone else's take on it. He was also drinking last night although he always drinks and smokes and he was drinking his regular amount when it happened.
  2. 024 024

• Since: Nov 1, 2009
    I've held in smoke for over 70 seconds and at worst felt a bit light headed. Are you sure it is even to do with weed maybe it was a coincidence.

And to the topic: Na never passed out, in my life, even when I was bottled in a fight or suffered a hard blow to my head from a brick wall. Passing out from one bowl isn't normal tell him to get himself examined just to be safe.
  3. StonedCoder StonedCoder

• Since: Aug 4, 2009
    No, I'm not sure. It could have been the alcohol, could have been something medical. Since he took the hit right before it happened, I just have to wonder if it has happened to anyone else due to weed.

I'm not trying to make weed look bad or anything, just trying to give my favorite herb the all-clear.:D
  4. stonerr6758 stonerr6758

• Since: Mar 2, 2009
    id say he passed out from holding back from coughing while holding his breath. ive never passed out from smoking pot but i have passed out from doing do much of another drug multiple times.
  5. dj Dozhe dj Dozhe

• Since: Mar 18, 2008
    It's never happen to me, I've never seen it happen, and it hasn't happened to anyone I know.
  6. joshpackr joshpackr

• Since: Aug 4, 2007
    I've never actually passed out as in fainting. I've "blown myself away" a few times with some especially potent weed and a bong to the point that I thought I was going to faint but I didn't.
  7. OldTimeToker OldTimeToker

• Since: Nov 13, 2009
    Never.
  8. klepto klepto

• Since: Jan 9, 2006
    I did once in my younger years. My friend told me if you hold your head between your knees in a squatting position and take 10-15 DEEP breaths, take a huge bong rip, hold it in and stand up, you'll pass out. I had been a seasoned smoker for a while at this point, so I was confident I could prove him wrong. I took the bong rip, and subsequently hit the deck. (or more specifically, an entertainment center with the back of my head) the next thing I know 10 people are standing over me looking way concerned and I had no idea what happened or how I had gotten on the floor.

I'm pretty sure it's an oxygen deprivation thing and not anything to do with the marijuana.
  9. Blunt Wraps Blunt Wraps

• Since: Jan 1, 2010
    Almost the exact same thing happened to me, and when I woke up i burped smoke. Hahahaha.
  10. Spazzer Spazzer

• Since: Jun 19, 2008
    Once the first time I ever smoked out of a bong. I woke up and puked. It started with the spins when my eyes were closed and when they were opened it was like a strobe light was on. Then I took a hit, passed out.

Only time though. I've smoked till the point i couldn't open my eyes or stand up. Fell asleep face first on a concrete floor
  11. Toxik Toxik

• Since: May 24, 2009
    He probably passed out from lack of oxygen im guessing.. doesn't sound normal though.
  12. Rhymenocerous Rhymenocerous

• Since: Nov 7, 2007
    Maybe he's a narcoleptic? I have heard of blunt stands I think they were called. My younger brother was telling me about them. Seemed pretty dumb if I recall. I think they may have made him pass out. I'll have to ask him about it.
  13. iruntherapgame iruntherapgame

• Since: Jul 8, 2009
    One time, I was smoking a blunt(I only filled a third of it though. Once I finished I ran up stairs and went to the kitchen and right when I got up stairs I got really light-headed and dizzy. I proceeded to fall head first in to a package of paper towels. Once I felt better I went and started eating and got really really sweaty and after a couple minutes and some cold coka cola, I felt all good.
  14. MXM MXM

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    hahaha funny...

dude its never happened to me.
  15. Lukeaxx Lukeaxx

• Since: Aug 20, 2009
    I havn't read everyone elses posts cos I've just woke up and can't be bothered but:

1 - Yes I have passed out after smoking too much of a strain too strong for me at the time.

2 - Never hold the smoke in... Over 90% of the THC is absorbed as soon as it enters your lungs, holding it is not worth it.... It doesn't make you any more high and just damages and puts strain on your lungs and throat.
  16. iLikeWeedAlot123 iLikeWeedAlot123

• Since: Jul 7, 2009
    No, i haven't. But yesterday i thought i was going to.. While i was driving.
    My head started hurting sooo bad and eventually i felt soo disconnected with everything. It was SO WEIRD! I got so nervous when i was driving because everything seeemed so different that i actually whimpered... Like a little dog...

Then when i got home i called my mom to see where she was and i knew i was talking but i wasn't sure if what i was saying was making any sense. It was really weird.. My mom kept responding so i guess i was speaking coherently, but i wasn't sure at the time.. I thought i was getting some brain damage or something... My head was feeling so weird when i was driving home yesterday that it felt like blood was going to just explode from every hole in my head (nose, eyes, back of throat) and my eyes started watering.. It was just such a weird feeling. I am confident that the swine flu had something to do with it all.

I actually did smoke a blunt this summer and lay out and i kept passing out.. I forgot about that. I remember standing up and my little sister following me and everything turned black and i was like "Little sister where art thou?!" and she was RIGHT infront of me.
  17. p0th3d p0th3d

• Since: Apr 14, 2009
    Yes it has happened to me, and a few friends. Its simply your brain telling you are too high...iv taken hits far to big for my own good. about 2 minutes later i was soo high, my vision glazed over and i just passed out and hit the ground.

The thing that you are referring to is usually named a 'whitey' were i live. When you get to high and either..freak out, throw up, or pass out...the 3 most common symptoms of being too damn high..

Also..holding smoke in for up to 5 seconds means you get up to 95% of the THC, with little toxins and carcinogens (no worse than blowing it straight out).
  18. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I've passed out from the rush when hitting a vape. I was standing up. The next thing I knew I was waking up on the floor with broken glass all around me.
  19. smoking Joe2 smoking Joe2

• Since: Feb 7, 2009
    In the Florida keys, I took a large hit and woke up on the sand. Never happen since then and that was 30 years ago.
  20. Scorpius Scorpius

• Since: Jul 27, 2008
    once when i rolled a big blunt to share with some friends only to find out i was the only one smoking that night.