Have you or anyone you know moved to a Medical MJ state primarily to receive MMJ?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by InfectedWithMJ, Jul 7, 2013.

1. InfectedWithMJ InfectedWithMJ

• Since: Aug 30, 2008
    I was wondering if you or anyone you know moving to anMMJ state primarily to receive MMJ for health reasons. Did you/they just find a job in that state?

I live in SC and these days everyone hires mostly local people, so finding a job seems impossible.

Is there a support group/network that can help people with a valid need for MMJ (like severe pain) move to that state before finding a job? Like a half-way house?
  2. double_toke double_toke

• Since: Jul 4, 2013
    I want to move to Colorado I have bad anxiety and the doctor cant seem to help much. (I honestly don't think he is trying very hard)
  3. Justsumguy Justsumguy

• Since: Jul 12, 2012
    double_toke, it sounds like you have some anxiety about your anxiety. :)

I live an a medical state but I do tend to plan my vacations in mj favorable states now since I started smoking. I am in SF this week for a tech conference and I wish home were this relaxed even though I do have an MMJ card in my home state.

If you want some legal protection from your employer you will need to look for a state, like AZ, that specifically excludes inactive metabolites from workplace testing, meaning you would have to be high AT WORK for it to be an issue. This hasn't been tried in court yet, as far as I know.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Moving just to get legal medical marijuana seems like a lot of effort for little return. Marijuana is available almost anywhere and one's chances of getting busted are very small if you're careful. If you don't deal, you don't smoke in public view, and manage odor control, you are very unlikely to get caught.
    Justsumguy likes this.
  5. double_toke double_toke

• Since: Jul 4, 2013
    that's true.