Healthiest way to smoke

Discussion in 'Science' started by what, Mar 3, 2011.

1. what what

• Since: Feb 18, 2011
    i heard that smoking weed can possibly prevent lung cancer but what about the burning of the little hairs in your lungs(cilia) these help you breath and i cant afford a vaporizer but I heard the next best thing is a bong possibly with ice and water instead of just water and what about the tar in your lungs do they really clean themselves out
  2. zappy zappy

• Pondering Primate
    • Since: Aug 26, 2009
    Weed cannot cause emphysema or cancer no matter how much you smoke. Vaporisers are definitely the healthiest way to go. They evaporate rather than combust, so there's far less burned plant matter and tars going into your lungs.

Studies have shown that bong water doesn't really filter much at all. The amount of tar and combusted plant matter in bongs is very similar to joints. The water is really just there to cool the temperature of the smoke. Not having to smoke paper is a plus though.

Smoking cannabis does deposit tar into your lungs, however, unlike cigarettes, cannabinoids are able to somehow enhance the process of apoptosis (programmed cell death) making the potentially cancerous mutated cells die away, thereby negating any cancer causing effects.
  3. what what

i know that but what about the burning and paralizing of cilia
  4. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    You'll be fine. If you are a professional athlete I can't say I would recommend smoking anything.

Vape is the way to go. Personally the bong is my favorite.
  5. JJaneDoe JJaneDoe

• Since: Mar 4, 2011
    Nice. I love my bong, has pulled me away from blunts totally and I even feel 100 times better in terms of breathing and lung pressure. I even smoke way less just because I use a bong, and I totally recommend ice. When I use to spend a retarded amount a day for some bud now I only spend that same amount on a bi weekly basis, saved me money and lungs overall.
  6. what what

im thinking of getting a small bong cause its supposedly healthier and a better high and is the joint papers bad for you and whats the best type of joint papers hemp or rice
  7. HashterChief HashterChief

• Since: Jul 1, 2010
    Weed is not unhealthy. Stop trippin dog. Just toke up and have a good time. Remember, no one has ever died because of their marijuana use.
  8. SolarToker SolarToker

• Since: Feb 3, 2009
    The healthiest and tastiest way to smoke is without a lighter. Think about it.

All you need is a magnifying glass, the sun (solar energy), and your pipe/bong/bubbler.

Aim the suns rays at your weed and you're all set.
  9. Drew420 Drew420

• Since: Mar 15, 2011
    I've heard that the only situation where your cilia are damaged is if you hold hits for longer than 5 seconds.
  10. Lpwn_Ranger Lpwn_Ranger

• Since: Apr 5, 2008
    Don't worry about it, your lungs are pretty amazing. Even if you smoke a pack a day for 10 years, your lungs can be back to full function in under 2.
  11. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Smoke paralyzes the cilia, but if it's not radioactive, your probably not going to die from it.LOL name that quote!!LOL..If weed caused cancer I think tomy chong, cheech marin and Willie nelson would have been dead along time ago... A vaporizer like stated above is the healthiest way to smoke..

You lungs can basically fix themselves..All they need is a little time...