Hiding weed on outside of ur Vehicle?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Citrus!, May 13, 2008.

1. Citrus! Citrus!

• Since: May 13, 2008
    Well a friend metioned to me that if u hide weed on the out side of ur vehicle example, tape it under it, and leave no traces of finger prints or hair etc.. and u get pulled over for whatever and if they ask to search u consent, and they find nothing on the inside do they keep searching? will they call a k9 in to smell it even after u consented to a search? which i know if they do ur fucked but cant u argue that some one put that there, which is on the out side of under ur vehicle which is exposed to the public. and anyone can put that there

thanks, Citrus :)
  2. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Regardless if you consent or not, a dog can be called to the scene. Having drugs OUTSIDE your vehicle makes it EXTRMELY easy for a dog to detect the scent. I'd consider this move quite risky, in all honesty
  3. $moKeDanK $moKeDanK

• Since: Sep 1, 2006
    i think its a good idea, in the scenario with no dogs, i dont really see a cop walking around the car and looking around the udges under the car in a search.
  4. Doc Mitch Doc Mitch

• Since: Apr 5, 2008
    i cant see a cop calling in a k9 after he searched the car and found nothing, unless the cop is trying really hard to bust you. but lets say that this did happen, and the dogs did find the weed, which they will. you are still in possession of a controlled substance, regardless of how easily accessible it is to the public. the cops arent going to be dumb enough to believe that somebody just taped weed under your car, so they are going to book you because they can. if you really tried arguing with the police about it, i think the best you would get is something like, "well if somebody really did put that under your car, you can explain that in court".
  5. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

You're right...but oftentimes, after granting permission, a dog WILL be called to the scene. Why would the officer bother searching when a dog's nose is going to find the drugs, if any, much faster? If a dog is at the officer's disposal, it only makes sense they will utilize the resource. Drug dogs are more and more common these days, and it usually requires no more than a simple radio call to have one at the scene within minutes. You can talk about scenarios without dogs all you want, but, at least around here, you'd be a fool to believe a dog couldn't or wouldn't be called to the scene. Best advice...ALWAYS expect the possibility of a dog being called to the scene
  6. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    You realize that the weed on the underside of your car is going to be subject to any/all crap that flies up from the road...
    Gravel...
    Sticks...
    Bits of glass...
    Bits of metal...
    Discarded drink cups...
    A piece of a shattered taillight lens from an accident...

Boy, it sure would suck to have this great idea for transporting your stash, only to arrive, check under your car and find that the bag has been ripped open and all or most of your stash has fallen out on route 420. :laugh:
    2 people like this.
  7. Doc Mitch Doc Mitch

ive never had a dog called to the scene, but this might be one of those things where it really depends on where you live, and im sure there are other factors involved too. i do agree with you though. you should always expect the possibility of a dog being called in. plan for the worst, hope for the best.
  8. Citrus! Citrus!

so that means u can buy weed and tape it under some1 vehicle and call the cops on them, woah that sounds like a good way to mess with some1 :wtf:
  9. AZNVStoner420 AZNVStoner420

• Since: Apr 22, 2008
    Its like communism it looks good on paper but...

Your chancing ruining or even losing your stash. Your best bet if your looking to hide it in your car is to first avoid being pulled over, and secondly dont put it in the commonly used spots. Find a place in your car that you wouldnt even think to look, and go from there.

The somebody put it there excuse is super lame (sorry but it is). Nobody is going to go out and spend their money on some weed and tape it to the outside of your car. The cops and more specifically the judges and jurries are smarter than that. If people are randomly hiding weed on the outside of other peoples cars in your part of the world let me know because Ill move out there tomorrow.
  10. Doc Mitch Doc Mitch

you want a good place to hide your weed? tell me what kind of car you have, and ill figure something out for you. ive seen cars get searched many times and i have a good idea of what areas get searched and what places dont. keep in mind though that if they call in a k9, there really isnt much you can do.
  11. Citrus! Citrus!

hmm well on the inside is too common and under the hood is too but no one ever said under the vehicle, and the spot im talking about is inside the frame of of vehicle were u need a coat hanger to get it out ;)
  12. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

No matter how far under your vehicle you manage to shove it, its still far more exposed to a dog's nose than it would be anywhere else in the vehicle.
  13. $moKeDanK $moKeDanK

"yeah offcier i was walking down the street and saw a car and i tripped over some rocks on the ground and when i was on the ground i saw underneath the car some marijuana"

seriously how would u explain that to a cop?

pretty shady idea too
  14. Doc Mitch Doc Mitch

if its somebody the cops wanted to bust anyway, im pretty sure they would be cool with that story.

you can also leave an anonymous tip
  15. Citrus! Citrus!

bingo
  16. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

if you're alright with being a snitch, be my guest. Even with an anonymous tip, however, an arrest isn't guranteed. However, here's an idea...don't be a snitch. You are no better than the person you are trying to get in trouble if you resort to pussy BS like this. If you have a problem with someone, deal with it like a man, rather than be a snitch and hope the cops take care of your problems for you....just sayin'
    1 people like this.
  17. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    smells like a Dog

Do beware now that a dog's sense of smell is like 10,000 time keener than the human nose--this is because dogs have millions of olfactory nerves and a larger olfaction region of thier brain---20% of the canine brain mass is devoted to smell alone! A trained K9 can smell herb on you even if you smoked it last week and showered with irish spring soap!
    I have buddies and ladies that drench themselves in perfum and cologne after they toke, but all it smells like is smokey perfume!
  18. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    without a dog its not a bad idea, my friend has a ford ranger and puts a hide-a-key under his car, he once got in some trouble with the law and they needed the key to his truck, luckily he didnt have weed in it yet, but he told the cop exactly were it was and the cop couldnt find it even then so he had it get it, not a bad hiding place if you can tell them were to find it and not worry

i have a truck bed liner that i put my bubbler under, i rarely put weed in it though in case a dog comes into play i would be screwed, but they arent normally trained to find pipes so no worries as long as its just a pipe which is legal here in California
  19. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    in my opinion snitches deserver nothing more than to burn in hell, so dont snitch, i dont care if your going to jail for life, if you f@cked up that is your problem if you frame someone you are less than dirt to me, so please dont do anything of the sort, if you want to get back at someone man up and beat them down one on one....no biting, scratching, or hair pulling allowed

better yet settle it peacefully, depending on the offense
  20. $moKeDanK $moKeDanK

a pipe is still marijuana paraphanelia even in california