Homemade Battery Powered Vaporizer Question

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Granville420, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Granville420 Granville420

• Since: Apr 10, 2012
    So I've been looking into making a battery powered vape for some time now. Like a lot of people, I don't feel like spending a large amount of money on something that could potentially get found and taken away anyways. As a result of that, stealth and homemade things are the way to go for me. Yes, I've made one of those horrible homemade 'crack pipe' vapes out of a light bulb, and now I'm wanting to move away from that. So...

My idea/invention is going to fit inside an altoids tin (hopefully). For the battery pack I'm going to be using either 3 AA 2600mah rechargeable batteries or 2 AA 2600mah ones. For the part that will heat my bud I am going to use a coil of nichrome wire, probably somewhere in the 20-30 AWG range. The heating element/nichrome wire coil will be sitting/attached to a rock of some sort in order for it to not conduct throughout the rest of the altoids box but withstand the heat. Now comes to my question. What would be a material that will conduct heat well that I could find around the house or at a short trip into a hobby store or hardware store? Aluminum foil is pretty much out because it conducts, but just not really that well or fast. I was thinking of maybe a thin mesh screen, like that of the MFLB. By the way, if I use metal for the bud holder/heat conductor it CANNOT touch the heating element. Any advice would really help, and I'll post pictures along the way of building it as well as when I'm finished. Thanks!
  2. Granville420 Granville420

• Since: Apr 10, 2012
    I already have a huge bulk of altoids tins as well as rechargeable batteries so my price will be a little discounted compared to a weekend project sort of idea. But I'm guessing after buying the nichrome wire and mesh, probably around 15 dollars. Possibly 20 if shipping is expensive.