How can I brew marijuana tea?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by honestpuck, Apr 3, 2001.

1. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    Many of my recipes when I am cooking cannabis are automatically changed from water,into alcohol,"Hot Damn" for brownies and cookies, and gin or vodka in chili.
    For tea,2 jiggers of Hot Damn or your favorite liqueur, simmer appx 1 gram of dust,heat until steam starts to rise,cover and allow to steep until cooled,strain thru a coffee filter,add it to 1 glass of tea and ice.

PS. not to ever waste anything,smear remainder of marijuana on a cracker w/ peanut butter.
    2 people like this.
  2. mikamike mikamike

• Since: May 26, 2010

Would it perhaps make more sense to put the weed in a coffee machine, since a coffee maker will percolate the water more slowly. This should release more of the THC making it a more effective means than adding the weed like you would a tea bag.
  3. RasAlex1945 RasAlex1945

• Since: Feb 20, 2009
    For everyone who just makes it with straight herb and doesn't like the taste i would suggest putting in with a kind of tea you actually like. It will taste better and you'll still get high if you do it right and have good herb
  4. donnachris donnachris

• Since: Nov 7, 2010
    Its not tea, but if you want an easy drink that doesnt take much weed, hubby and I like to make hot pot chocolate. we save our stems and grind them and when we're ready for our chocolate we take whatever stems we have, enough weed for a joint, and two mugs of milk. put the milk and weed in a pan with a lid and heat it until just before the milk gets a skin on it. when it gets to this heat, start timing it. cook it at this temp for 30 minutes. split the milk between the two mugs and add chocolate to taste. this is really delicious, the weed flavor gives the chocolate a different kind of a taste. i have chronic pain at a level of 8 to 9 on a daily basis. i use marijuana for pain, so i'm not looking to get high. i smoke to get high...lol this recipe will allow your body to relax for about three hours. my pain level will drop to a 6 or 7 drinking this. if you want to get high then you would add more weed. by the way the weed that i am using is mid-grade weed, on a scale from 1 to 10 its about a 6. good luck with this, and if it works for ya, let us know.
    depending on how strong you make your milk, you could use this in your coffee, you could use it for cereal, you could use it for mac and cheese (youMd have to make it stronger formac and cheese or the coffee because you only use a small amount of the milk. i might even use the strainings from a first batch of hot pot chocolate to add to another joints worth of weed to make a second cup, there might still be a little THC left in the first weed, i hear of people using ABV, already been vaporized, weed to make butter and green dragon.
  5. donnachris donnachris

i just made a post for hot pot chocolate. its not tea, but its just as easy, and it prolly tastes better than boiled pot leaves with butter in it. and you dont have to add chocolate, you could add some sugar and anise, you could add honey, you could cool it and add strawberry quick to it and have strawberry milk...mmmmmmmm
  6. bluto bluto

• Since: May 8, 2009
    Pot-Chocolate or Pot-Mocha - easy. Choose any high grade (rich) hot chocolate mix and use whole milk. Coffee grind joints worth of weed (any quality) per cup and put into tea-ball (or teabag to control floating bits of green) and micro the combo = easy perfect Pot-Chocolate (add instant coffee to make Pot-Mocha coffee). So, relaxing and stoney in about 1/2 hour and lasts for the evening. Couldn't get any easier. Teaball/bag can be used a couple more times before it's exhausted. Nice winter drink.
  7. gregorio gregorio

• Since: Feb 12, 2011
    hi! ur way sounds fast n easy but how much weed,how much cream or butter? im new at this and have no idea what im doing lol so if u could tell me id appreciate it thanks LG
  8. donnachris donnachris

everything that i have read says that if you microwave your weed that it will kill the THC., your better of using your stovetop.
    and as far as the teabag or teaball, you have a better distribution of marijuana to milk, and the weed can move around so the THC has room to leach into the milk.
  9. bluto bluto

Use whole milk, no cream, butter or half and half.. use chocolate that is made with milk and not water. Just follow the directions on the hot chocolate mix and then add your "special" ingredient before heating in the micro. This system is the fastest method I've found that works. It's even so easy you can make a cup while you are pretty toasted. I suppose you could even toss in some of those little marshmellows.

Keep in mind that you will not feel the effects until you've digested things like any other eating. Overdue it and you'll be trapped in couchlock... which, ain't too bad for kicking back. And, yes, I use vap'd material and it works fine.

Pot-Chocolate isn't micro'd to make it hotter than you can sip. About a min or so, depending on the power of the micro and it works fine. If the cup explodes you cooked the milk too much. You must use whole milk (for the butterfat) and the teaball size allows for one J's worth to sorta float around since it's not packed tightly. Try it and you'll see just how easy this works.

Consider just how hot cannabutter gets in the making.. waay too hot to sip. Just keep the mico'd chocolate drinkable and it will work fine. I'd guess scalding the mouth would be somewhere around 130 degrees which is well below MJ temps.

The other great thing is getting more than one cup outta a MJ brewing teaball.
    Using a teaball instead of a teabag allows for topping off with a tad more MJ when going for a 3 or more cup brew. As for stems there's not much to brew and if you grow your own.. why bother with brewing sticks go for the best nugs.

Comparing a teaball to using a coffee filter, I've always been concerned that the mesh is too small in a paper filter for passing all the thc pieces. You only have to look at the smallest size of a bubble hash bag to see the screen material is larger than a paper coffee filter so how will all the goodness get past a paper filter?

Chocolate or Mocha covers the MJ flavor like it does in a brownie.
  10. BurnOne BurnOne

• Since: Nov 13, 2006
    Can you use stems to brew tea?
  11. bluto bluto

Nope only buds and leaves. Perhaps if you had a ton or so of stems you could manage to get a buds worth of power.
  12. england_roots england_roots

• Since: May 20, 2011
    hey all,

not managed to read through all posts. anyway did some reading around this subject. anyway quick point to note, i have a degree in biology and recently doing some extra modules in plant anatomy.
    hopefully by now you all haven't fallen asleep already, if not you may do now. canabinoids are lipid (fat) soluable not water soluable. so when people have made tea without some lipid in it all that has happened is the pigmentation and flavinoids leach out, so whilst it smells good and looks good it is ineffective at getting you high. if the water contains lipid as well the canabinoids will leach out into the brew.
    so here's my method if you're still awake: chop up canabis and put into a cup. add about a tablespoon of oil (i know this is more than others ahve said but best to have too much in this situation than not enough as it will waste weed) and then boiling water. take some kitchen foil and cover the cup as this will keep it warm and speed up the process. going to leave it for about half an hour to an hour (about 2 or 3 episodes of family guy) and then drink.
    will log in later/tomoz and let you know how it went.
    1 people like this.
  13. davidov davidov

• Since: Jan 10, 2012
    Here's a recipe from a medical marijuana user.

1. Add 1/3 of milk in a small sauce pan.
    2. Put on stove to boil.
    3. Put weed in a tea bag and then put the bag in the milk while boiling. Boil and stir for 15-20 min.
    4. Take the pan off the stove and put the milk in a cup along with the bag of weed.
    5. Add one spoon of liquor in the cup and stir it for 1 minute.
    6. In meantime in another cup make your self some tea in the microwave with what ever flavor you want. (leave some room for the milk mixture)
    7. Add the milk mixture in your tea and voila you have a cup of English tea full of THC.

Enjoy your tea gentlemen.
    1 people like this.
  14. timpo17 timpo17

• Since: Nov 5, 2005
    hmmm i just received a home soda making machine :rolleyes: --------so yeah im def goin to try n make weed cola...

--- ------------------ ------------------ ------------------- -------------------- - ---------- - ---- -------------------------------
    this is what i am going to do...heat half n half or heavy cream w stems, add to earl grey

..pot milk
  15. donnachris donnachris

If you want to make cannamilk, why use half and half or heavy cream. Just use milk. I do it all the time. My mother doses with two tablespoons. I make it 7-14 grams to 24-32 ounces of milk depending on the strength of the marijuana I am using. I grind the marijuana, stir it into the milk, and simmer on low for four to five hours. I then strain out the green material and the milk is finished. If I am taking it myself for pain control I would use 14 grams of marijuana to 14 ounces of milk and dose with one to two ounces of milk.
  16. shcleprock shcleprock

• Since: Jan 24, 2012
    Does heating the marijuana before ingesting it cause more THC, etc to be released more quickly into a persons body. I don't smoke so I always eat mine. I eat it raw. No cookies, brownies or any of that stuff. Am I losing some of the effectiveness of the marijuana by not heating it first.

If I cook it will my body absorb more of the active ingredients.

Thank you.
  17. Dr_Lukesta Dr_Lukesta

• Since: Sep 22, 2012
    Special Tea Recipe:

Items you'll need: 1 cup of whole-fat milk. 1 gram of ground up marijuana. About 2 cups of water. Tea of your choice. A microwave. A Stove. 1 pot. And 1 microwaveable container. Optional: Honey, chocolate milk, ect. (For additional flavor).

THC/Tea Ratio: 1 cup of milk for every 1 gram of marijuana.

1. Start by pouring 1 cup of whole-fat milk into a microwaveable container.
    2. Next, add 1 gram of ground up bud to the milk. Stir thoroughly.
    3. Put the container of milk and weed into microwave and heat for about the same amount of time as you do for popcorn.
    4. While you wait for the mix to heat up, start to boil a pot of water on the stove. (Use about half as much water as is recommended for a regular cup of tea).
    5. Once the milk and weed are done heating up, pour the mix into the water and start stirring until it comes to a slow boil.
    6. After it has been boiling for about two minutes, pour it all into 1 or 2 mugs/glasses. (Depending on how high you want to get). And add the tea-bag of your choice. I recommend just regular Green tea. Let it soak for at least 2 minutes.
    7. Once you've let the tea flavor combine with the milk, you're good to go!
    8. Drink Tea! (If you don't like the flavor, you can add something like honey or chocolate milk to your tea to make it go down easier).
    9. Wait between 15-30 minutes... and enjoy your high!
  18. TheOddMan2012 TheOddMan2012

• Since: Sep 23, 2012
    There are so many wrong answers here. I have to make a correction. There is no way you will ever get a sufficient effect from making "weed Tea" or simply boiling tea in water. The active agent in weed, THC, is not water soluble. Therefor the active ingredient cannot be transfered to the water when you boil the leaves. You may get some insignificant, weak effects but it just be a wast of good buds. The idea of using butter in the boiling process is on the right track, but it's not for tea. It's for something much better.
    Bang Butter(aka. CannaButter, Bud butter, etc). Making bang butter is the prefect way to process your buds for multiple edible uses. You need at least a half ounce of good buds finely ground. 1 lb good old fatty fat butter. Melt the butter in a sauce pan until it's simmering. Add the marijuana and let simmer for 30 minutes or so until the butter has turned green from the marijuana. Pour butter through a strainer to remove all the pieces of marijuana.
    Chill until solid. Now you can spread this butter on your toast in the morning, top your baked potato with it, or even use it in your favorite recipes that call for butter. like Brownies. Yum!

- The Odd man
    Andy Ray