How can you be sure your vaporizer is 'clean' ?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by rk07, Mar 4, 2008.

1. rk07 rk07

• Since: Jan 17, 2008
    I'm wondering how you can be sure that your vaporizer is clean, as in nothing else is being produced in the vapor that can cause harm. There's a lot of metal or plastic parts in vaporizers plus parts that you can't see on the inside. Some are whip style with plastic tubes, what would happen if that burns and you inhale it?

What about the often rumored grinder where pieces of metal or paint chip off?
  2. ilovealbertwalker ilovealbertwalker

• Since: Nov 30, 2007
    i have a mini vape and i have used lungs and one with guns and all that. in my experience ive never had a problem with anything burning but the weed, i think it might burn and taste bad if you inhale it but i dont think iw ould really hurt you. i smoked a cigarette backwards on accident and thats gross. and ive never had a problem with metal chips or paint. i used a pipe cleaner but the area is so small that it cleans very quickly.
  3. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004

I have a box type/whip style vaporizer. I keep my Vapor Warez in a safe place, and I dust it very frequently. I'm not worried about dirt inside the box because I keep the box itself clean. As long as the box is in proper working order, and kept dust free, I don't see how it could get dirty. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. :)

As for the glass parts of the whip, mouthpiece, and tubing, I'm constantly cleaning and changing those too. Tubing gets changed weekly, when I clean the glass parts of the whip with alcohol. I change my screen every few days. I am confident that with the cleaning methods I use, that I am always drawing clean vapor. :)
  4. rk07 rk07

• Since: Jan 17, 2008
    Would you be able to tell if something was different? If so, how would it feel? Would it be like huffing?
  5. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Don't worry. Be happy!

All the BS about "toxic vapors" was made up by manufacturers looking for a way to differentiate their vaporizers from other manufacturers' vaporizers.

Vapes don't get hot enough to cause metal to out-gas. I've never seen a vape with plastic parts in places where they'd get hot enough to out-gas.

If you were dumb enough to set your whip on fire, you'd have to be even dumber to inhale from it. The air coming out of a vape is not hot enough to cause food-grade tubing to out-gas.

The metal, if it shaved off, wouldn't hurt you. Paint might, in much greater quantities than are likely to chip off a grinder. If it worries you, don't use a painted grinder. (I've never seen a painted grinder.)