how do you know if your weed is too old?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by kiloisalb, Jan 26, 2008.

1. kiloisalb kiloisalb

• Since: Nov 4, 2007
    I think i have some old weed. It's been a month since i bought it and how do you know if it's old. It's still smokable right.
  2. O High O O High O

• Since: Oct 18, 2007
    Check for any mold, then smoke it if it's clean. Should be fine.
  3. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    It will be fine. It will just be dry, burn up a little quick and have a loss in flavor. If you know you are not going to smoke it for a while you can store it in a freezer.
  4. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Yeah, there's nothing harmful about old weed, as long as there is no mold growing on it. If it's been bagged alright, and been kept away from moistrous (is that a word???:confused: if not it should be:D) environments....

old weed sucks though, it's harsh, tastes like shit, and breaks up into powder, which is a bad situation all around whether you smoke joints, blunts or bowls....
  5. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    Mist it with a water bottle.....:D

Some Where In Ded Land.............:)
  6. kiloisalb kiloisalb

• Since: Nov 4, 2007
    this is a dumb question, but how do you know if there's mold growing on it. The weed is green so how do i check for mold
  7. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    Smell. Your sack will smell like an old, moldy or mildewed basement smell to it.

Color. I usually use a jewelers loop to spot those little specks of mold that look like small flowers when they first start, sometimes a bright green or yellow spot on the herb itself. If your herb has a few small spots on it, they can be removed and maybe save the rest of the bud.....

Taste. This is the worst way to tell, but once you get that mold taste in your gullet, you won't ever want it back..........:woohoo:

Some Where In Ded Land...............
  8. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Unless it gets moldy, weed just gets less potent over time. It won't hurt you. It just won't get you as high. A month is no big deal.
  9. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    If it drives in the fast lane at 30mph with the blinker on, then it's probably too old.
    :lmao:

Dude, I do not want to know how you smell your sack... :rofl:

(Sorry, I'm in a decidedly smart-ass mood this morning!)
  10. NirvanaHaze NirvanaHaze

• Since: Oct 3, 2010
    Wow, this is an old thread, but one thing not mentioned, which may be obvious to vape users, is that if the herb is old you need to set your vape on a lower temperature or you'll just get smoke and it will be more harsh.
  11. Adelaideyouth Adelaideyouth

• Since: Feb 4, 2012
    ^ woah nice dig :p none the less, As above there is absolutely nothing wrong with old weed if it's been stored correctly. I once scored a half ounce of REALLY old dry shit for free. It was rough, didn't have a lot of taste, but it still got me plenty high enough!!! So if anyone is sceptical about smoking old weed, there's nothing wrong with it!!! Toke it up!
  12. Dank723 Dank723

• Since: Apr 4, 2011
    If theres mold on it
  13. Australianpothead Australianpothead

• Since: Nov 7, 2011
    It has grey hairs?