How Long Do You Think It Will Take For Marijuana To Become Legal In The United States

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Silverbackman, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Silverbackman Silverbackman

• Since: May 23, 2006
    How long do you think it will take for marijuana to become legal in the United States? Not just legal for medical use but completly legal to get as much as you want for any reason from any store (what a day that would be :)).
  2. Silverbackman Silverbackman

• Since: May 23, 2006
    I tried adding a poll but I guess I took a bit too long. If some Mod or Admin can please post this poll in this thread;

Poll Question: "How long do you think it will take for marijuana to become legal in the US of A?"

Poll Options:

"1- Month"

"3 Months"

"6 Months"

"9 Months"

"1 Year"

"3 Years"

"6 Years"

"9 Years"

"12 Years"

"15 Years"

"18 Years"

"21+ Years"

Poll Close: "7666" days after 08-27-2006
  3. Lit_Match Lit_Match

• Since: Dec 14, 2003
    I think within 10 years more than a few states will have legalization. The federal government though won't stop untill there are just too many people smoking openly for them to try to arrest.
  4. Equilibrium Equilibrium

• Cranched Scanner
    • Since: Feb 3, 2006
    Never. not until america falls.
  5. JnEverett JnEverett

• Jr. Activist
    • Since: Aug 26, 2006
    I wish that I could say soon, I feel that it will likely not happen in our lifetime. The federal government is too conservative and will not relent on this, as well as other issues.
    Even with a semi liberal president the congress/senate or courts will lean right and maintain the ban. Either way we all must flee to europe :D
  6. CrAzYpOtHeAd CrAzYpOtHeAd

• Since: Aug 1, 2006
    Never.

But for other countrys i think it might be a possible chance of it becoming legal. America is one of the places where it has very strict rules on weed. Whereas some other countrys arn't as bad with it. I live in england and altho its illegal its not that bad. I can walk out on the streets with a J in my hand and if a cop came by they might search me, or they'd probaly just make me put my J out. Ahhh england :D
  7. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005
    I feel the same way, I think its possible to believe that there could be a "landmark" decision from the Supreme Court about medical/ind. hemp use by states with-in the next 5-10 years.
    The U.S. Govt. isnt gonna budge an inch until such time as it becomes "in their best interest"
    You just might have something here.....if we all fled to Europe, the U.S. Govt. would have but no choice...to finally do what they were created for.

Stoney:wave:
  8. CrAzYpOtHeAd CrAzYpOtHeAd

• Since: Aug 1, 2006
    Yeah but i doubt THAT many people are gonna migrate... and i dont think europe would have the space for that many people either lol. But yeah, as long as bush is runnin america i dont think its gonna become legal. Why the fuck does bush keep winnin elections? i swear those things must be riged.
  9. imported_SBsurferdude imported_SBsurferdude

• Surfing Fiend
    • Since: Mar 27, 2006
    i think that in my life time ill be able to buy bud from a store legally and smoke it with a cop. mabye not FBI being federal but a cop. and boy do i hope it comes soon.
  10. PurpleCorn PurpleCorn

• Since: Aug 22, 2006
    Bush won the second election because everybody in the oil states voted for him. Everybody on both the east and west coasts voted for his opponent. He won the first election, of course, because his bro Jeb rigged the Florida votes.

At any rate, about 27 million Americans smoke weed on the regular. Not only do I think that marijuana will be legalized before I die, but I also think it might even be as soon as 10 years from now. Denver already has a limited law that allows you to carry a small amount on your person, and alot of other states already have laws attempting to get passed. On a federal level...I'm not sure. But I do think that most states will adopt laws allowing people to carry and smoke personal amounts of weed. Probably under an ounce.
  11. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    I truly believe that legalization will be within 10 years from now, no doubt.
  12. homemadebubbler homemadebubbler

• Always bubblin'
    • Since: Jun 2, 2005
    I honestly think within the next 20-30 years, weed will be legal across the US. With places like Denver, and hopefully Navada legalizing, plus many states decriminilizing, I think its only a matter of time before the people speak up for the cause. Sooner or later people will start to realize how fucked up this drug war is, and hopefully they can bring about some change.
  13. couchlock couchlock

• Since: Jun 20, 2006
    Abolition of Slavery

Women's Suffrage

Repeal of Jim Crow Laws

Bad things do go away, it just takes time and effort. Keep fighting!
  14. ???? ????

• Since: Aug 5, 2006
    Totally agree
  15. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    I think that in the next 10 years, about five states will have legalized it and the other states will have it scheduled down to Schedule II. It'll get rolling after that.
  16. Triklino Triklino

• Falling Into Infinity
    • Since: Jun 30, 2006
    I think in about 15 years, marijuana will have taken huge decriminalization steps. This will provoke more states to start taking measures to allow personal smoking, and the ability to carry small amounts on your person without getting arrested and shit. Some states could have it completely legal... but that's if we keep the reds out of the white house. If we get more republican presidents, I doubt that'll happen... but I think it's the democrats turn to run the country, after Bush not many people will vote red for a little while.
  17. mark87fndr mark87fndr

• Since: Feb 3, 2005
    21+ Years for it to become legal. :(
  18. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Hint: Strictly speaking, a "conservative" should support legalization. It follows the "off my back" mantra. Real conservatives care about making government smaller, not bigger. Neoconservatives and the religious right are the ones fucking everything up.
  19. Todd2869 Todd2869

• Since: Aug 21, 2006
    Amen brother!

Slowly but surely it is happening. Especially when the Government sends asset seizure agents to a raid on a ranch and ended up shooting and killing the owner. And not one plant or one gram of marijuana to be found!

People, including non users, are getting tired of the abuse coming from our Government.

Take care.....
  20. JnEverett JnEverett

• Jr. Activist
    • Since: Aug 26, 2006
    Very good point, and I wish it worked that way. I am sure we all realize that politicians don't do things in a way that we think they should, even though they are supposed to represent us.
    Instead they bow to special interest groups including the ultra right wing religious groups.