How long does a urine test take to come back?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by milehigh17, Feb 27, 2007.

1. milehigh17 milehigh17

• Since: Feb 26, 2007
    Basically I'm dealing with a company that's going to drug test me sometime next week, likely mid week. I've been clean for 66 days (coincidence? I hope so...) Anyways the last time I smoked it was basically one big hit and one light hit. I'm positive I'm clean for a urine test, but there's a possibility they'll give me a hair test.

I can't right out ask what test they're using without looking suspicious, but the HR person I talked to said that they need 3-4 days to get the results of the test back. I know hair tests are supposed take 4-5 days to get results back, how long does a urine test take?

*Note that I'm just somewhat freaking out and am looking for all the information I can possibly get. Thanks in advance.
  2. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    For urine specimens, negative drug tests turn-around time is only about 24 hours. Positive drug test turn-around time is roughly 3-5 days.

Just because the information is available to the employer from the lab, that doesn't mean the employer will actually retrieve the info in 24 hours. It may take the employer 3-4 days to get on the website and download the test results, or it may take the TPA (Third Party Administrator) a day or two to report to the employer.