How long does it take to get hair test results?

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by amandahuginkiss, Mar 12, 2008.

1. amandahuginkiss amandahuginkiss

• Since: Mar 7, 2008
    I think that my subject line says it all...

I took the hair test exactly one week ago. I was told by the lab that collected my sample that I'd get the results in 48 hours. It's been a week and I'm still waiting.

I'm supposed to start my new job next week and I'm really starting to wonder if I'm going or not...
  2. goldfish goldfish

• Since: Feb 26, 2008
    no news is good news-
  3. willipass willipass

• Since: Mar 14, 2008
    Did you get your results back? I had mine done a week ago and also no answer yet. Starting to think there is something wrong.
    What was your use history?
    THX
  4. Paronto Paronto

• Since: Mar 13, 2008
    I've heard that it takes around 48 hours for a negative result to show, but a few days longer if it's positive because they will need to re-examine it.

I took my test on Monday, two days ago, and spoke with my company's HR rep a few mins ago who asked me if I had gone for my drug test yet - so obviously she doesn't have any results.

Jerry, Sec, should I be concerned about this, or is it still too soon? Could it be just that the passing info could not yet have been relayed to this HR rep?
  5. goldfish goldfish

• Since: Feb 26, 2008
    The collection facility told me that it will take 3-4 days, whatever that means;

I took my test Fri and heard from my HR rep this morning about showing up to work, but that does not prove whether or not they got the results (although I am fairly confident I passed).

Don't worry yet, especially since you just took it monday. No news it good news, right?

Best of Luck-
  6. willipass willipass

• Since: Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks so much goldfish:)
    Only I had that test done last Monday 03/10/08. Still no news. Do you know how much it takes to do the confirmatory tests, if I tested possitive?

THX
  7. tiggeronspeed tiggeronspeed

• Since: Mar 19, 2008
    So.. I've only smoked pot twice in my life... Once was about three years ago, and the second time was last week on tuesday, I think. I took a saliva test yesterday which was exactly one week. the blunt was small, and I had about 5 or 6 puffs. I drank like 5 bottles of water the night before, and about 4 or 5 the whole day before the test. do you think it'll come out positive?? SOMEONE HELP.
  8. krycek77 krycek77

• Since: Mar 20, 2008
    Did you hear back yet? I'm curious because I'm in a very similar situation as you, according to your other posts.
  9. bigdog21 bigdog21

• Since: Dec 4, 2008
    how long?

How long did it take you guys to get it back and when you did get it back, did you pass? I am in the very same situation right now, 7 days in, and nervous.
  10. krycek77 krycek77

• Since: Mar 20, 2008
    I heard back from my employer 7-8 days after my hair test/physical. It was awhile ago but I remember contacting my employer a couple days after the test, because I had to take care of some paperwork, and I told her to let me know if she has not received the test results in a timely fashion. I used the excuse that I was leaving town soon, and that if I needed to take care of loose ends at the clinic, then I would have to do it soon.

This was just my way of asking her to tell me when she gets the results, without sounding like I was really anxious to see if I passed.

good luck