How much is an eighth?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by greenisgood420, Mar 29, 2010.

1. greenisgood420 greenisgood420

• Since: Mar 29, 2010
  2. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    It's 3.54375 grams. How big it is depends on different factors, like whether it's been compressed/bricked or not. How much it costs also depends, like whether you're buying from a dealer or someone who bought from that dealer, and is adding a service charge to the dealer's price. It also greatly depends on what grade of herb you're buying, and the prices in your particular area.
    1 people like this.
  3. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I personally would expect 4 grams for $40-$50, maybe more, maybe less, depends on the hook-up and quality
  4. Justiiice Justiiice

1/8 oz = 3.5grams

if its mid-grade/mersh I would pay around $20
    if it is good Dro I'd pay $30 - $40
    if it is some good piff I'd pay $50 - $60
    if it is some Bomb Bombskis with a name, and crystals all over with crazy colors, I'd pay like $60 - $75
    but thats just my prices around my town, and my connections.... Hope I helped... :)
  5. Marsh™ Marsh™

• Since: Dec 17, 2009
    Like they said, 3.5 to 4 grams should be aight.
    It could be $30-60 depending on where you live, your dealer, etc.
  6. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    An 8th is 3.5 grams, no more, no less. It's really annoying when people say "I get an eighth of 4 grams." That does not make sense, since and eighth is 3.5 and only 3.5. Anyways, depending on your hookup and quality, it can be anywhere from $25-$50. Personally, I would never pay more than $40 for some lower end dank.

Bring or tell the dealer to bring a scale so you don't get ripped off.
  7. wizzatsu wizzatsu

Where I come from, $60 is standard for an eighth of good headies. I think going into a drug deal expecting $40 for an eighth and that your dealer bring a scale and weigh it out in front of your face is not good advice for a new buyer. In fact, if your dealer gets the feeling you don't trust him at all and you're telling him what prices he should charge, it's only more likely he'll rip you off.

Rather, I'd recommend you just ask your dealer how good the bud is and if you buy an eighth just accept whatever price your dealer charges (no more than $70/eighth, anything above that, no matter how dank, is just ridiculous). Chances are he knows what quality weed he's selling and what it's worth. If you're dissatisfied, just don't buy from him again. Most dealers try to keep their customers coming back and more often than not you'll get a reasonable deal. If not, you're out some money but the wiser for it.

If buying weed is going to be a regular thing, I'd highly recommend getting a cheap scale on the internet somewhere. As other people have said, an eighth is 3.5 grams (not 4 grams... wtf?) Dealers are more likely to short you some if they know you don't have a scale, so I wouldn't mention it.
  8. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    I'm so confused.
    How big is an eighth of an ounce?
    .:angel:
  9. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    I coloured red what I wanted to comment on. Where you come from $60 is standard price, and where I come from I've never seen it more than $40. It all depends where you live, so that's hard to comment on, but man that's ridiculously high. Why would a new buyer go into a deal blind? As a noob, he has no idea what he's going to expect, so a scale (either his or his dealers) is the smart choice. If he says that he doesn't have a scale, that's bullshit. Have you ever heard of a dealer with no access to a scale? I was not telling him to tell the dealer the prices. I am simply saying ask before you buy. Before I buy, I always ask what the price will be. If it's too high for my wallet I say that I'll pass on that one. And for the last one. No, chances are he doesn't know jack shit. Most of the dealers out there are on the bottom of the line. They buy from their friends who buy from their friends who buy from their friends. Chances are, the dealer has no idea what the hell he is selling and simply wants to make a quick buck. They will try to push as much weight in as little time as possible. No hard feelings, It's different everywhere. I'm just speaking from what I know in my area. Peace :mj2:
  10. wizzatsu wizzatsu

Yeah, it's a good idea to know how much an eighth costs before you buy. But I was just trying to say that there is a huge range of quality of weed, and you can't expect to go into a deal with the mindset that "an eighth should cost ___ much" because prices will vary.

Usually the guys I go through move ounces of headies per week, if not per day, and they know their shit, but I guess there are a lot of bottom-of-the-line dealers as well who just want to make a quick buck. I just meant from my perspective that if I went to one of those guys' houses and started demanding things from them ("I don't trust you! Weight that out in front of me!") they might be much less inclined to give me a fair shake, especially considering they are in a position of dominance (they have the weed, you don't.) There is definitely a difference between a dealer with a reputation though and some random guy peddling shwag and how you should approach the situation, and you're right it's different everywhere.
  11. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    Most expensive eighth I've heard about was $80 at this dispensary in San Francisco, some white widow X5 (times 5). Apparently it was totally worth it, i kinda drool thinking about it.
  12. wizzatsu wizzatsu

To be exact... the 3.54375 figure is correct. But most people don't have scales that are even close to that accurate, so in practice almost all dealers are just going to round it to 3.5 grams.

Some people's dealers will give them a "free" 0.5 grams- a 4.0 gram "eighth". This is nonsensical, though, because an eighth is defined as 1/8th of an ounce-3.54375 grams.
  13. metanoia metanoia

• Smoke. Weed.
    • Since: Oct 7, 2009
    3.5gs is an eighth, thats it, nothing higher or lower
  14. madmac madmac

• Since: Mar 28, 2011
    65 i do

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Ghoast Ghoast

• Since: Nov 24, 2009
    Well technically it's 3.5grams, however 'eighth' has come to be one of those terms that has been diluted into meaning a small/medium personal bag of weed. This means you'll get anywhere from 2.5 - 3.5 for an 'eighth'.

In London the word for eighth is a 'score'. Back in the day an eighth (3.5g) used to cost 20GBP but now it's known as a 'score' which costs 20GBP and it doesn't mean 3.5g any more.. you normally get around 1.5 to 2.9g of 'headies' as you Americans would say..
  16. Ghoast Ghoast

Oh and btw the amount you need to get 'high' is around 0.2 grams. Depending on the smoker, if you're new to it then 0.1g will do the job - when I was smoking every day I found that 0.25g normally does the job though so for an eighth -3.5g you can get around 17.5 joints.. or get high 17 times.. :)
  17. tobias tobias

• Since: Mar 28, 2009
    holy crap, you must have some bomb ass weed if you get high 17 times off an eighth. i suppose a new smoker with no tolerance could very easily, with some pretty good weed. but i get my eighths for 15 bucks, and smoke daily, around here i'd say 15-25 is normal price for an eighth with some regular good weed :p hahaha

as for what an eighth looks like, that even varys with quality, hydro and higher quality weed is usually fluffier. and some regs is usually just some nice dense to kinda less dense nugs with seeds here and there in the nugs. to judge the amount i'd say like your thumbs across the bag, as in weed should be from one side of the bag to the other. can be alot of small buds, or 1 -4 big ones, or mixed who knows. brick is bad. as are shake and seeds.
  18. dfizzle1 dfizzle1

• Since: Dec 14, 2010
    It's exactly half the size of this bud

Attached Files:

• 103.jpg
      103.jpg
      File size:
      266 KB
      Views:
  19. madmac madmac

• Since: Mar 28, 2011
    ^^ aggreed!! with the pics i supplied
    I could roll like 15-20 joints with that one nug n be blazed for hrs but then agn its not your regular average weed nug. I take it out of the baggies i have in it and it smells my whole house and i live in a 2 story house with an basement. and it smells like i have 5 or more plants in my room lmfaoo
  20. Ghoast Ghoast

well it is pretty good weed.. from Amsterdam.. :D

I mean when I was smoking daily (for about a year) I would normally roll them up .2 or .3 so yeah that's around 17 times..

TBH though I normally smoke about 2 or 3 spliffs during a sitting. Actually when I was smoking the most it took me about .5 or .7 to get high, used to have to stuff those King Cones and smoke it to my face :p