how much weed should you smoke to get high

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by kiloisalb, Dec 10, 2007.

1. kiloisalb kiloisalb

• Since: Nov 4, 2007
    I havent really had a high yet and im wondering how much do you need to smoke to get high.
  2. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    As much as it takes.
    It can vary depending on the smoker, the smoking method, the quality of the weed, the size of the hits you're taking and other factors.
    It's impossible to say that XX amount will get you high.

Why was this posted in the Glossary forum? :confused:
    I've relocated it to the 420 Lounge. Please make an effort to post in an appropriate forum from now on.
  3. Feorge Gorman Feorge Gorman

• Since: Aug 15, 2001
    It's relative to your experience.

A person new to the MJ experience will need a LOT less to get high to the point that veteran smokers do.

Take a coupla hits...wait...then relax and enjoy your high. If you think you need to do more, fine.

If you're a noob...pace yourself and don't try to smoke more than you need at the time. Your tolerance will grow the more you smoke.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Many people don't get high the first few times they smoke. I've never heard a satisfactory explanation as to why, but it's a common experience.

Have you smoked any of this weed with experienced smokers? Have they gotten high? If not, maybe someone sold you a bag of fake weed. That's also a common experience for the uninitiated.
  5. wishmaster wishmaster

• Since: Dec 4, 2007
    that happend to me once, the first time i went home and planned to get thoroughly sotned for the first time ...(few times before i would have like a toke or two while wasted or w.e) i end up smoking an antire joint, inhaling it , not pussying out or anything, and i didnt feel a thing....next time i tried that much though iwas trippin
  6. Mindriot420 Mindriot420

• Since: Oct 10, 2007
    If you want amount in weights...it's about 0.5g - 1.0g for me
  7. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    If you needa an entire gram to get stoned, you need better weed. A gram should be able to get you high multiple times if the weed is somewhat decent. With good weed and a vaporizer, my wife and I go through a gram between the two of us ALL DAY....and we stay stoned basically for 8 hours after work......
    1 people like this.
  8. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    A gram of weed should get me high twice, at the least. KB could get me high three or sometimes four times. My tolerance isn't too high, I smoke on average, a bowl a day, plus I'm a lightweight to drugs in general.

\If you haven't gotten high yet, just sit down with a bowl, take bigg, deep inhaled hits, and space them out to a few minutes between hits.
  9. Planet Smasher Planet Smasher

• Since: Oct 31, 2007
    A gram lasts me 2 days with my vape. And that's a good 7 or 8 hours of being stoned.
  10. kingmajin kingmajin

• Since: Oct 19, 2010
    hmm...well, i'd say a blunt (one gram here) but i think it takes less than that once you get more "used" to it. once you feel the effects the first time, i find it gets easier to get high than it did at first. (took me smoking a dub(4 grams) in one night; hotboxing a tiny closet..and that's AFTER i had already smoked some, anyway.) so...i'd say....maybe even half a gram depending on how you smoke it. like...one bowl off a gravity and you're gone, lol. maybe 2.