How to get rid of this feeling?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by jlazz, Dec 21, 2008.

1. jlazz jlazz

• Since: Mar 18, 2006
    Hey...so I've been smoking quite frequently for about 4 years now. By frequently I mean almost everyday around night time. I take random breaks for couple of days or weeks every now and then. I mainly do it socially with my friends.

Anyway, I've noticed recently that when I smoke, I get really high pretty easily, but also really paranoid. I start making up thoughts in my head about what the people around me are thinking. I hate the feeling. I also become mute around people I don't really know. Its so bad that I almost don't like smoking as much anymore. How do I control this? I love the feeling of being high, but don't like the social effects it has on me. I'm normally an outgoing person, but when I'm high I become antisocial and sometimes paranoid.

For example, the other night I went over my friends place and hit the bong. It was me, him, my other friend, and two other girls. After one hit of the bong, I was extremely stoned to the point that I couldn't even speak. I kept being paranoid about speaking too that whatever came out of my mouth was gonna sound stupid. I never feel like that when I'm sober.

Anyone else have this problem? How do I get rid of it? I want to be able to smoke without having to deal with this. I have friends who are as social as me when sober and are just as social when high. I'm not though. I don't get it. It makes me real tired and to my self.
  2. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    Isn't this a duplicate thread? :confused:
  3. homemadebubbler homemadebubbler

• Always bubblin'
    • Since: Jun 2, 2005
    Smoke less amounts. Smoke in relaxed places and with people you can trust.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    The obvious answer is: smoke alone.

It sounds like you're very sensitive to marijuana and only need a little to get comfortably high. If one hit is too much, take half a hit. Don't allow peer pressure to push you into smoking more than is comfortable for you.
  5. KillerWeed420 KillerWeed420

• Since: Aug 10, 2008
    Try a different strain. Staiva's can make you some what paranoid. With some people the indicas make them paranoid. I never get paranoid because I don't give a shit.lol
    1 people like this.
  6. dirtbomb dirtbomb

• Hippie
    • Since: Sep 1, 2008
    I'd also go with the smoking less idea.
    Everybody's effects are different.
    You might try hiking alone, after smoking, if the weather permits. A bit of solitude in nature and then some interaction with friends might work. The Sunshine and quiet can do wonders. :) It's really energizing!
  7. I need LUNCH I need LUNCH

• Since: Aug 28, 2008
    Paranoia is something that smoking pot comes hand in hand with a lot of people. my father stressed it greatly, that the paranoia caused by pot is awful! I feel blessed, for I rarely get paranoid, unless there is reasoning for it. try smoking less, in a more comfortable setting.
  8. DANKeogh DANKeogh

• Since: Oct 25, 2008
    try convince yourself to not give a shit. it takes a lot of self discipline but it works well when mastered (im a master at not giving a shit). if youre feeling paranoid, just think, "i dont care" "go with the flow" or "i dont give a fuck." Just live the moment. also, try smile as much as possible. but ya, i know how you feel. when im high the only think i get paranoid about is losing my own mind.
  9. Not Real Life Not Real Life

• Since: Nov 26, 2008
    Lately, I've been staying in my mom's basement in Illinois because I'm visiting my family for Christmas. When I'm home in San Francisco, I'm free to do whatever stupid shit I want because my friends are all stoners and they understand, but when I get high in my mom's house I get horrendously paranoid that every little thing I do is going to make her mad.

Last night, I got really high in the garage, I was vaping resin-covered q-tips and a little bud in a light bulb and it REEKED and I got really high. However, when I was doing it, I kept sticking my head out the door because I was afraid my mom was going to come outside. Then, when I got inside, I was really nervous that she would smell it and a opened a window and sprayed Febreeze everywhere.

Pretty much, I think it's just a locational thing. I'm really paranoid in my mom's house (sometimes when I'm high I vividly imagine her noticing things) but when I'm in my place I'm not paranoid whatsoever.
  10. weed_lover weed_lover

• Since: Jul 8, 2008
    yea i no how u feel i sometimes get real parinoid at my moms and dads house but if ur alone and just chill ull b fine man
  11. smith_ smith_

• Since: Dec 23, 2008
    Get yourself a link on some bomb ses, the stuff I get gives you a body numbing high, but keeps your brain working.
  12. 357blackhawk 357blackhawk

• Since: Dec 31, 2008
    Lol if you develope a false sense of securety then that will go away. I do eye drops, it makes me feel like people wont be able im stoned just by looking at me. Also body spray and shit. :)