How to make a wood bowl

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by Raging24, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Raging24 Raging24

• Since: May 13, 2009
    It was easier to just post this on instructables but I wrote it primarily for this site. (took me about 3 hours too)

How to make a wood tobacco pipe

Tell me what you guys think...
    3 people like this.
  2. GeTbLaZed GeTbLaZed

• Since: Apr 26, 2009
    Not bad. I'll try this as soon as i have time to. I got finals this friday sooo i dont know when i'll be able to. Good job does it hit good?
  3. Raging24 Raging24

Not only does it hit amazingly well it also blows the best shotguns imaginable. I have named it shotgun v2. It is a gift I made for a friend...
  4. SleepyJohn SleepyJohn

• Since: Jan 15, 2009
    Wow! What a production! What ever happened to getting a Dremel,and a nice peice of wood, tht isn't sprayed or treated,and hollowing it out, carving a bowl, then drilling the stem, putting in a round metal screen and some marijuania, and just toking it!!
  5. Raging24 Raging24

That is essentially what I did without the screen (not really needed). I just put a few touches on afterwards. Just some fire hardening and sanding , then oiling to waterproof. I think it is worth it to toughen up the bowl so that it won't accidentally burn later. It also feels nicer. I did make a couple more rough versions before but every time I wanted to improve the process.

The total time spent was around 2 hours.
  6. KoolWhip420 KoolWhip420

• Since: Mar 2, 2009
    Nice! You've inspired me to make one. Now I can carry a bowl outside my home without having to worry about it breaking.
  7. Raging24 Raging24

When my friend asked me why I made it out of wood I replied by dropping it twenty times and then throwing it against a wall without a scratch. I have had four glass bubblers and bowls break on me. Wood seemed like the obvious choice.
  8. KoolWhip420 KoolWhip420

True that. I've broken too many bowls to remember.

I'm actually shaving the bark off a piece of wood I found as I type. Are the torching and oiling steps necessary?
  9. Raging24 Raging24

No but the torching helps harden the bowl against fire and gives a nice finish. The oiling is more important but you could probably use some other kind of oil and get the same effect. Oiling is mostly to waterproof so you can wash it if need be.
  10. KoolWhip420 KoolWhip420

Awesome. I'll post pics once I'm done! So far done with shaving.
  11. Phylter Phylter

• Since: Feb 19, 2009
    Done one before, but I lost it or tossed it in a fire or something. :( Found a bit of maple in the shed, figured I'd make another one. Got the wood sized, removing excess around the edges now.
  12. Phylter Phylter

• Since: Feb 19, 2009
    Wish I had a dremel. D: This takes so long with just a knife.

EDIT: Use proper technique while carving! I got lazy and it cost me five stitches in my hand.