How to on making a Bamboo Bong

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by WesWolf88, May 18, 2007.

1. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

• Since: Nov 16, 2006
    I'm kind of slow on homemade bong making. I just sawed off a big slab of bamboo and heard it was the best bong material. Can someone be so kind in telling me step by step in what to do? Thanks.
  2. Sofa King Sofa King

• It's Good to be the KING.
    • Since: Mar 1, 2006
    The first step would be to stop believing that bamboo is the best bong material. I think Glass wins that race by a landslide.
    1 people like this.
  3. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

I'm broke and just went through a bamboo field to make a bong. Help me out.
  4. KiwiLaser KiwiLaser

• Since: Mar 24, 2007
    Homeade bong for the win!

I've always wanted to make my own wooden/natural material piece, so congrats on trying. This is what I would do if I where you. Hopefully your bamboo is at least 2 inches thick or so and hollow, otherwise it might make a better steamroller, but here we go. Your going to want to cap one end off. For that you could either cut a piece of wood and sand it carefully into the shape of the hole at either end, or you can just have it overlap the bottom and sort of make a base for the whole thing to stand on. What I use as adhesive in all my bong making is JB weld
    http://www.giantleaprocketry.com/images/JBWeld.jpg.
    I use JB Weld because anything else you use can heat up and release chemicals that might be really bad for you. Most glues out there are not made to withstand heat and flame, but JB Weld is actually strong enough to hold metals together (for example: a small crack in the water jacket on your engine block). Not that I've done research or anything, but I'm like 99% sure JB Weld is a safe adhesive for bongs, definitely more so than any silicone adhesive. A silicone adhesive works wonders for water retention, but worries me when theres heat and lungs inhaling smoke involved. Anyway, so you got your end capped off somehow, now you basically just need to make a down stem. Since you have bamboo and are probably going for the natural look I would use a wooden dowel. Measure about 6 to 9 inches of dowel depending on the height of your bong. A 1 inch diameter dowel should do good, then your going to want to get some vice grips or something to hold it down while you try to somehow drill through the dowel straight enough so that you don't drill right out the side. I would use a half inch bit. The length of your stem will probably be limited by the length of your drill bit, unless you have access to a drill press which would make everything a lot easier. If you need it longer you could always make two shorter ones and glue them together. Once you have a down stem you need a bowl. I would recommend buying a cheap ratchet head at hardware store because they only cost like 3 bucks at the most and make a perfect little bowl. Glue that to your stem, drill a hole in the side of your bamboo (pay careful attention to location of your hole, this could fuck EVERYTHING over if it's too high or low), stick your stem in the hole and seal that with more JB Weld. Let everything dry at least 24 hours probably a couple of days and viola your very own handmade nature bong. Of course the best part about making your own bong is being creative and seeing what works and what doesn't. I encourage you to try your own ideas and play around. It definitely adds a whole new creative aspect to smoking ganja. Best of luck, I hope you put that bamboo to good use. I've made a lot of bongs in my day, but never a completely wooden one!
  5. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 18, 2004
    I think it would be cool to make a steamroller out of one.

hmmmm., I might have to actually do that. :chokin:
  6. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

Wow. Thanks so much, this is more than I wanted. Is this JB Weld commonly sold? I can get it at a local Home Depot right? Idk about the whole wooden dowel stem. I don't really care if it looks natural, I just kinda want a quick solution. What can replace the dowel? Clear plastic tubing?

What's a steamroller? Never heard of it. Anyway thanks again, I'll give it a try.
  7. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    here's mine.:cool:

[IMG]
  8. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

So it's basically just a big long batty aint it? Does that shit compare with a bong because it looks like it'd be easier to make...
  9. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    a bong will hit smoother with the water.

a steamroller is one quick big (depending how big it is and how much you let it fill up) blast of smoke into the lungs.
  10. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

So what would I do? Cover one side of the bamboo, buy a ratchet head, drill it right next the cover and make a carb?
  11. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    Shoot, just get a foot sized piece of bambo ( I really don't know how big in diameter they are, but anyway..) drill a hole in it for your bowl and walla, steamroller.

Just hold the open end with your hand, other end against your mouth, lite it ,suck in, and release your hand and the smoke will suck right out of it, into the lungs. Easy.
  12. dylans503 dylans503

• Since: May 15, 2007
    all a steamroller is is hollow tube with with a hole for the bull like an inch from on od the sides and the hole nearest to the bull is the carb,fill the chamber with smoke by holding the carb when your almost out of air let loose and vacum that shit out.if your not a choker i suggest sticking to stemrollers cause you get hight faster then anything else.
  13. KillinUQuikk15 KillinUQuikk15

• Since: May 17, 2007
    yeah it tru me n him did this... my favorite way 2 smoke now
  14. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

Thanks men.

I'll go with the steamroller (seems like it fits perfect w/ bamboo) and if it blows i'll just cut another :D
  15. KillinUQuikk15 KillinUQuikk15

• Since: May 17, 2007
    shit bro i aint never thot of that..... damn if u make it u gotta show us cuz it would have to be str8 g man ya kno
  16. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

[IMG]

I made it w/ only a pocket knife and a handsaw. Works well, thanks for the idea.
  17. Hookahs Hookahs

• Banned
    thats pretty awesome, dude.

I gotta make one now :chokin:

+K
  18. ZephyrEire ZephyrEire

• Since:
    thats sweet man :cool:

I love making homemade stuff to smoke out of, its a great feeling lighting up something you made and having it work :D

And I'm definitely going to give this a try, never even thought of bamboo. It's such an awesome material to work with (esp looks wise), and I'm fortunate to have a fully stocked garage of every tool I could need.
    If I can get the time and materials to make one, I'll let you all know!
  19. WesWolf88 WesWolf88

Also remember, the insides of the bamboo log holds the absolute BEST papers to roll a jay. Slowest burning papers I've smoked.

So you can essentially roll + smoke a jay, and stuff the roach w/ only bamboo.
  20. KiwiLaser KiwiLaser

• Since: Mar 24, 2007
    Good stuff man, I'm glad you made something finally. It's always very rewarding to smoke your own piece. Yours looks really cool. I was imagining bamboo to be grayish brownish for some reason but that green looks really sweet. Happy toking!