How to smoke out of a pipe?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by PolishPablo, Mar 17, 2011.

1. PolishPablo PolishPablo

• Since: Feb 17, 2011
    So I made an aluminum pipe and it's my second time using it. (smoking out of pipe actually)
    And I just put in a chunk of weed. Probably maybe .5 of a g. And I lit it and smoked. Then the smoke got hot and burned/irritated my throat. And it took like 5-10 min to do the whole .5 g. So 2 questions

1. Do I put in chunks? or crush it up into smaller pieces? (The whole the smoke goes is small, and the small chunks wouldn't fly into my mouth)
    Will doing this make it faster and easier to smoke?
    2. Should I make the tube the smoke goes long? Now its probably about 2 or 3 inches.

I know, I'm never to this so I'm still learning. before this i smoked kush in a light bulb vape up until this point.
  2. Drew420 Drew420

• Since: Mar 15, 2011
    First off, don't use foil. Use an apple or a metal pen. Or made a lightbulb vape or waterfall bong. If that vape you've used it yours, maybe you should stick with that.

Define chunks? You're supposed to put in nugs.

2-3 inches is fine. The only difference that makes is how hot the smoke is, this affecting how hard the hit is.
  3. PolishPablo PolishPablo

Well this weed isn't the best quality. So using my vape would take really long to get hi, taking the old out and putting new pieces in.

idk if you would call them nugs, when I bought it it was all toget, and i just broke it apart so my chunks look more like cotton candy whn you take a pinch out of that,
  4. Drew420 Drew420

Did you buy a brick, or was it all clumped?
  5. PolishPablo PolishPablo

Idk, it was 6 grams. Idk if it was stuck because it was compact. or if it was just a big piece.
  6. PolishPablo PolishPablo

The chunks i was using were connected by the little stems and such.
  7. 1406 1406

• Retired
    • Since: Jun 1, 2009
    Look around your kitchen, you'd be surprised how many fruits and vegetables can be turned into pipes. Apples and potatoes are the easiest.

Although smoking out of aluminum foil won't give you Alzheimer's disease - thats a myth - its still nasty in my opinion.
  8. Drew420 Drew420

If you do the apple, you already have a bowl there.
  9. sk8erdude87 sk8erdude87

• Since: Mar 14, 2011
    Yeah don't use aluminum foil. I used to do that and it's horrible. Just get yourself a cheap, glass piece or, if you can't do that, use apples; way less harsh than foil and, when the munchies kick in, you've already got something delicious to eat (just try not to bite into any ash, shit's nasty).
  10. Stay Negative Stay Negative

• Since: Aug 11, 2009
    Using just foil is some pretty fiend shit. Get an apple from your pad and if you don't have one
    take a trip to your local supermarket and steal one, but a foil pipe? C'mon dude...

You can use:
    -A soda can (still pretty fiend..but w/e)
    -Potato, apple, or pear
    -Homemade bong
  11. Drew420 Drew420

Yeah, it's not that hard, man... I think part of your problem is the fact that you're using all foil. I've never tried it or had any reason to, but just the thought of a foil pipe is... Not that great.
  12. PolishPablo PolishPablo

I made a one hitter out of a metal pen and a nut? The thing that you use to screw on bolts, but the interchangeable ones. like this size is 3/8, i cant think of the name now. . I just put it on the end of the pen with everything took out. (it stuck so i didn't use anything to hold it in place) And i tried it, i didn't burn my mouth like i did before (from learning to take it in slowly so it doesn't heat up as much) and it worked. Is this good? or can chemicals out of the pen or nut hurt me as well?
  13. Drew420 Drew420

Nah. Metal pens are good.
  14. Karigrandi Karigrandi

• Since: Oct 31, 2010
    Haha smoking out of aluminium foil is fine. The smoke is burning your throat because the stem is too short and smoke doesn't have time to cool. Just make a bowl out of foil and use a bottle as the stem for the pipe, this way you will get huge amount of smoke into the "chamber" and can shotgun it for extra effect.

Also I don't get how smoking out of soda can is better than out of aluminium, cans usually have paint all over it.

As for metal pens, what metal do they use in them? I would go smoking out of that shit.

Yes of course smoking out of anything but glass, hardwood, ceramic is fucking disgusting, but till you get a real piece you have to use whatever you can find.

Apple, potato, banana pipes are cool if you don't mind making out with a fruit.

PS. To conserve your herb grind it and corner it when you smoke.
  15. PolishPablo PolishPablo

Thanks! And according to some videos the reason is because when you suck in the smoke, it gets hot and hotter from the bud. kinda like when starting a fire, y ou blow on it to make it hotter.
  16. Drew420 Drew420

If you use a decent metal for the a bowl (ex, brass pen tip), it doesn't matter what the rest of the pipe is made of.
  17. FenderGreen FenderGreen

• Since: Apr 20, 2010
    I wouldn't use foil. Just get a piece I prefer glass and by chunk do you mean bud?
    Well you hit a glass bowl by packing the weed grinded burns better but ungrinded is fine then you light it while inhaling and moving your thumb on an off of the carborater (little whole on the side of the bowl) to clear the chamber of smoke. Taking good hits takes practice and you will learn how to take good hits without burning your throat it just takes practice. A cheap glass bowl cost about $10
    1 people like this.
  18. Sproggs Sproggs

• Since: Dec 2, 2008
    [IMG]

1) Pick apart your marijuana so it's in little bits. They don't have to be super tiny, but the idea is to get an even amount of airflow between the little nugs to produce an even burn.

2) Place the marijuana into the bowl of the pipe. Make sure it's not too loosely packed or it will fall out, but don't cram it down in there either. Just give a nice little push with your thumb or finger tip to ensure the bowl is packed reasonably.

3) Here's where some people start to get confused. Most pipes have what's called a "carb" or a "shotgun" on them. The carb is there to ensure you clear the pipe of all smoke after taking a hit, because stale smoke is nasty and tastes like poo. In short, what you want to do is plug the carb while you're taking a hit, then release the carb when you're done to clear the pipe of any smoke. The idea is to pull air through the bowl of the pipe to bring oxygen to the cherry to keep the weed rolling (lit.) Using an index finger wrap it around the back of the bowl to the other side where it can cover the carb. Holding the pipe to your mouth hold a lighter to the product until it starts to combust slightly. Place your lips on the mouthpiece of the pipe and inhale gently. You should start to feel a slight burning/itching in the back of your throat. This is normal. Just keep inhaling until you feel your about to cough or are satisfied with the amount of smoke you now have in your lungs. Keep breath held for 4-5 seconds to ensure maximum hit delivery (that parts very important) and then exhale. Congratulations! You smoked marijuana!

I'd recommend getting a cheap $10-20 pipe, don't get anything too fancy. And I probably made it sound more hard than it really is to smoke haha. All what you're doing is sucking oxygen through a combustible material to keep it lit, lol. Good luck to you though! Hope I helped!
    1 people like this.
  19. FenderGreen FenderGreen

• Since: Apr 20, 2010
    ^^^ did you draw that? ^^^

+ rep
  20. Sproggs Sproggs

• Since: Dec 2, 2008
    Dude I did, just a few hours ago that I actually used for a different post haha. But it fit perfectly with this one too so I just essentially copy/pasted lol :p