how to toke on a bong?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by 60ftbong, Jul 29, 2005.

1. 60ftbong 60ftbong

• //\\//\\arijuan//-\\
    • Since: Jun 22, 2005
    to smoke with a bong you just put ur mouth area in the hole right?
  2. voltion voltion

• Banned
    • Since: Mar 20, 2005
    Considering your name is 60ftbong you'd think you'd know how to use one. My mum knows how to smoke from a bong and she doesn't even smoke. ;)

Put your mouth over the hole and cover up the rush hole (The rushhole is released once enough smoke has built up, if you breath in heavily when you release the rushhole it will create a rush of air which means the smoke goes into your lungs with pressure), next fill up the bowl with weed, get your lighter and with the rushhole covered up start slowly breathing in while the lighter is over the weed. This will make the flame from the lighter become sucked into the bowl and smoke will start coming out of the downtube. Keep slowly breath in untill the bowl is gone or you've got as much smoke in there as you can take back. Keep your finger over the rushhole and start breathing in, you will feel the air pressure on your finger, let go of the rushhole while breathing in as heavily as you can. This is known as brewing a bong, while you can just breath heavily and use the bong like a pipe, you can't get anywhere nearly as good hits.
  3. 60ftbong 60ftbong

• //\\//\\arijuan//-\\
    thanks cuz im getting a bong like in 2 days
  4. BubbsGarcia BubbsGarcia

• Since: Nov 19, 2004
    if its a bong you are smoking out of, there's no rush hole. thats the point of a bong. a bubbler has a carb/rush hole, but not a bong. the slide on the bong acts as a "rush hole" when you pull it out, so you aren't really covering anything.
  5. BongMan420 BongMan420

• Since: Nov 2, 2004
    Now you guys are going to confuse him... ;)

I've seen small plastic bongs with carbs but that's about it.

But you should have the idea now 60ftbong, Voltion and Bubbs explained it perfectly. If you need a demonstration or something, Marijuana.com is doing a PH(x) Trinity giveaway and there is a short commercial that shows him filling it with smoke, taking out the slide, then clearing it. Just go to Marijuana.com and scroll down- you'll see the link
  6. WNB WNB

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Feb 9, 2003
    I've seen them on all types of bongs. Slides are a pain in the ass :D
  7. BongMan420 BongMan420

You've seen a carb on a glass bong? Or was it a bubbler with a slide?

The only actual bong I've ever seen with a carb in it was a Hurricane- and ROOR will do it if you custom order it. I seriously doubt he's getting one of those so lets just say in this case bongs have slides. ;)
  8. BubbsGarcia BubbsGarcia

now that i think about it, ive only seen one bong with a carb, and its a plastic one like you said collector. me and my friends bought a 6 foot plastic bong and theres a carb on the back of it near the bowl. doesnt really matter, you can hit it by yourself anyway :D
  9. 60ftbong 60ftbong

• //\\//\\arijuan//-\\
    thanks for the help but one more question where is the slide?
  10. BubbsGarcia BubbsGarcia

the slide is the little thing with smoke coming out of it on the lower right of the bong in your signiture. the slide and downstem together allow the smoke to pass through the water, form into bubbles, and pop, letting smoke build in the chamber.
  11. SNOOPiiE SNOOPiiE

• 420 LOUNGE RAPPER
    • Since: May 15, 2005
    Dude Im soo stoned right now, I was thinking something to myself.. 60 Foot Bong? Or 60 I don't know how to use a BONG! Wait Im trippen out.. haha Hey man Im not trying to flame or anything..

But that is sooo freaken hilarious to me!! Hahaha.. Well maybe depends which kind of bong you got.. If you got a usual plastic with a carbhole. Just close the carb with one finger and suck from the chamber.. But put ur bud in the bowl and use a lighter hehe. but don't forget your water.. I wouldn't recommend using anything but water.. Stickyness=Grossness..

Or if it is a glass one or something with a pull stem just pull the stem when u wanna clear the chamber
    well peace haha 60 foot bong good luck! haha
  12. fyse0 fyse0

• Since: Jan 8, 2005
    small roor bongs have carbs in the back.
  13. BongMan420 BongMan420

Ya ROOR's can have them and Hurricanes have one.

Still, IMO carb on a nice glass bong= lame
  14. voltion voltion

• Banned
    • Since: Mar 20, 2005
    I'm not sure if it's a UK thing, but all of my bongs have got rush holes. Even my glass ones. I own four bongs, one plastic one, one ceramic, and two glass. All of which have rushholes. Rushholes just increase the air pressure so you can take the hit with more power.
  15. BongMan420 BongMan420

How would a hole increase air pressure??? It just allows you to clear the bong.

It has to be a UK thing, because over here in the states, bongs have slides. Slides are totally unique pieces of art themselves, and a cool slide can make a pipe that much cooler. Also, a ugly slide can make the pipe that much lamer. Carbs also make it easier to spill a waterpipe. You can remove a slide to pack the bong which is easier as well, and you can remove it to blow out the ashes which is also easier. Plus, stale smoke would build up in the bowl and downtube, making for harsher hits. When you put a slide back in the bong air is forced into it and blows out stale smoke. They even make longer tubes on big slides so it blows out all the stale smoke.

The only advantage to a carb is that you are taking in fresh air with the hit rather than bubbles through dirty water. But if you keep a bong clean with fresh water, that doesn't matter.

Voltion, do you have pictures of your pipes? I'd like to see them- :D
  16. imported_JohnnyPotSmoker imported_JohnnyPotSmoker

• Since: May 26, 2005
    yo i dont think anyone said that you have to put ur lips inside the rim of the bong...you gonna feel like an idiot if you leave your lips outside of the bong
  17. BongMan420 BongMan420

:laugh: Dude, if he put his lips on the outside like he's sucking it like a dick that would be the funniest ever n00b moment, I swear

*everyone laughing uncontrollably*
    Did I do something wrong?
    *The people can hardly breath and are trying to give the bong back to him so he'll do it again*
    What? Stop laughing at me! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
    *Runs away*
  18. Coolguy Coolguy

• Since: Jun 19, 2003
    Look on the front of the bong, on the bottom..

Ya know where you would pack the bowl? Chances are that piece "slides" out.
  19. 60ftbong 60ftbong

• //\\//\\arijuan//-\\
    fcuk im still confuzed
  20. anonymity anonymity

• Since: Jun 13, 2003
    How could you still be confused? You've already posted a question that you could have pretty easily answered with a little trial-and-error, and after more than a page of responses you still don't get it?

Have you ever seen a bong? Look at a picture online if not. Let's assume you're getting a regular bong. The main cylinder that generally stands straight up is referred to as the chamber. This is where the smoke will eventually go before it enters your body. The bottom of this chamber is filled with an amount of water. Each bong has a different ideal water level, so you'll have to find this out yourself. Extending down into the water, below the water line, is the downpipe. Some bongs will simply use what is called a "slide". A bowl with the downpipe attached to it, extending down into the water, is one configuration.

These are very easy to use: light the bud in the bowl, inhale slowly and create a nice rolling boil. Once the bong is as full of smoke as you'd like it to be, pull the "slide" out of its resting place--generally a small cylinder which sticks out at a 45 degree angle with the main chamber; called the "joint", but not the same joint as the ones you roll--and inhale the fruits of your labor.

Other bongs use a "rush" or "carb" hole. These are just as easy to use. Get the rolling boil going, fill 'er up, and then just let your finger off the hole.

My bong has a two piece slide which makes it not a slide at all. I'm not sure what it's called, but instead of removing the entire piece, I just pull out the bowl when I want to clear the chamber. Glass-on-glass bongs sometimes use this configuration, but it is just as easy as all the others.

I truly hope with all my heart that this clears up any confusion that you might have.