I have great weed but i also have STREP!

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by RelativeDeviance, Jul 7, 2008.

1. RelativeDeviance RelativeDeviance

• Since: Jul 7, 2008
    I've read threads about smoking with a sore throat, but i have strep throat and some REALLY good weed. I just got it, and i can smell it from 3 feet away, its so purple its almost black. ::sigh:: its beautiful and i havent smoked in a MONTH.

im taking anti biotics for the last 48 hours and they're working pretty well, but i have to take the anti biotics for 8 more days to completly kill the infection.

I dont wanna make the strep worse, but could it really make it that bad?
    i read mixing my weed with peppermint mihgt help. any advise?

damn, king off the hill is on, why am i not high......

thanks in advance for any advise given :)
  2. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    From personal experience, I don't recommend it. I recommend waiting til you at least feel almost 100%. Antibiotics take long, but you start feeling better usually well before they are fully done going to work. I say wait another day or two and see how you feel. Smoking while having strep SUCKS. I get strep often and it's not really worth it to get stoned.
    3 people like this.
  3. ctwalrus ctwalrus

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    see now ive seen this take both ways, the one time i had strep pot helped but i do know people where pot would be excruciating

either way strep sucks get well soon
    1 people like this.
  4. HehTheUrr HehTheUrr

• Since: Jun 20, 2008
    I suggest you cook with it! Some nice cannabis tea would probably soothe your throat and make you feel a hell of a lot better. There's a really great looking recipe for it here:

http://www.marijuana.com/culinary/102628-teahc-tea-my-way.html

As for smoking? I don't think that's really too smart... It will probably irritate your throat further.
    3 people like this.
  5. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    seriously... you're going to be inhaling smoke and burning plant matter over your already infected throat... does that sound like a good idea? i, personally, vote no, seeing as irritating your already infected throat could possibly delay healing. smoking anything is going to be detrimental in some way to your throat and lungs even when you're not sick. i guess i just don't see why people would want to smoke when they're sick with a lung or throat issue :shrug: i'm prone to tonsillitis, and i don't even like to sleep in my room without a humidifier on when i'm sick, much less breathe in any kind of irritant on purpose until i'm better...
    1 people like this.
  6. RelativeDeviance RelativeDeviance

Great advise guys. I really appreciate it.
    I'm just gonna make some good cannabis tea instead.

what a good way to grind my herb up without a grinder?
  7. HehTheUrr HehTheUrr

• Since: Jun 20, 2008
    Err... Just pick it apart, I guess? You could use a scissor, but I, personally, feel like using my hands works better.
    1 people like this.
  8. dutchcruise dutchcruise

• Since: Jun 29, 2008
    i've never tried this myself, but you could check out this link that shows how to make a homemade vaporizer. i've never vaped, but i'm sure that it is better for you on that sore throat than smoking. just a thought! good luck! :)
    1 people like this.
  9. RelativeDeviance RelativeDeviance

you know wats funny? i didnt have enough weed to make tea so i just smoked out my bong with ice and cold water and my throat feels great. and im very high. it all worked out. mary jane never lets me down :)
  10. T1mmy16 T1mmy16

• Since: Sep 26, 2011
    Hey, i have strep right now and i toked, it cleared my sinuses and numbed my throat
  11. WolfGang Paco WolfGang Paco

• Since: Jul 13, 2009
    I'm sure the OP is pleased. Oh wait, this is 3 years old ;)
  12. Where The Bud At? Where The Bud At?

• Since: Sep 27, 2011
    i had that same dilema last year. get some throat spray. and vaporize. if you cant vaporize well then i suggest waiting till you feel 100% before smoking