Ideas for a Homemade pipe?

Discussion in 'Homemade Paraphernalia' started by deadmoap, Mar 21, 2004.

1. deadmoap deadmoap

• Since: Mar 20, 2004
    Well I've decided to make a homemade pipe...

And by pipe I mean pipe, not bong. I've looked at a few other threads. I kind of have an idea of how to make it now. I'm planning on a metal one, but I might make a wooden one. If I decide to make a metal one, which metals should I use and which metals should I avoid? And if I make a wooden one, what kind of would should I make it with? Is there anything else I should know not to use for making a safe pipe?
  2. always420 always420

• Since: Jan 19, 2004
    go to your local hardware store and pick up some brass pipe fittings to use to construct a pipe... try to avoid aluminum (the foil and cans), it gives off a vapor that is pretty bad for you. however, if thats all you got, then use it- just not too often.

i know you said you werent gonna make a bong, but a bong in my opinion is easier to make than any homemade pipe and it'll get you a lot higher. do a search to find out how to make one.
  3. deadmoap deadmoap

Well with all the talk about bongs not getting you high and being bad for and stuff like that, I'm a little confused about it all and I think I should just stick with the pipe. But I heard something about brass, too. Like it has some stuff on it that you have to cook off or something. I dunno. Maybe I'm wrong.
  4. broomhdj broomhdj

• Since: Jan 22, 2003
    I think you should steer clear of these metals :

Lead, aluminum, copper (gives off arsenic), maybe bronze too, and I've never heard of a pipe made of zinc, so I'd steer clear of that too..

Brass, anodized aluminum, steel are all safe.
  5. BloodNOil BloodNOil

• Since: May 23, 2003
    Bongs? Bad for you? Not getting you high? Who exactly told you that?

Bongs cool the smoke so it doesn't burn your lungs... and since you can
    inhale more smoke deeper without coughing, you get lots higher.

ON topic: Stay away from copper, plastic, and aluminum. Once or twice
    won't kill you, but you'll know you smoked something bad either right
    afterwards or the next day. Stick to steel and brass.

If you buy parts from the hardware store, make sure you cook the oils /
    coatings off of them. Yes, they are there. Use either a blowtorch (propane
    is fine) or a gas stove. THIS APPLIES TO ALL METAL PARTS.

NOTE: Anodized aluminum is OK. If you don't know what anodized aluminum
    is, look it up or stay away from all aluminum.

NOTE: I've been looking at the MSDS for superglue (cyanoacrylic adhesive)
    and it should be OK for pipe construction. Just give it plenty of time (2 hours
    or so) to dry. And don't get it wet (with water or alcohol or acetone or really
    anything) after it's dried.

Acrylic (or "plastic") bongs are made of virtually the same stuff, so it should
    be at least safer than smoking weed.

For more information, go to http://www.marijuana.com/420/forumdisplay.php?f=21
  6. deadmoap deadmoap

I have to cook all of the metals, huh... even the inside? That'd be kinda hard... unless the heat from the outside is enough to cook the inside. But I also might make a wooden one. What kind of wood should I use?
  7. BloodNOil BloodNOil

If you get it cherry hot (not hard, you'll know it when you see it) it should
    take care of any oils/etc.
  8. r0achclip r0achclip

• Banned
    • Since: Mar 22, 2004
    brass is bad for you.it gives off some kind of vapors or some **** that could kill you if you inhale too much of it.
  9. Ernesto Ernesto

• Banned
    • Since: Feb 21, 2003
    dudemop, if your gonna build anything, build a bong---waterfall bongs are easy to make and NOTHING gets you more fhuked up than a bong, especially a pipe. pipes are cool, but i wouldnt build one b/c you have to be careful about the metal you use...with a bong, any plastic container can be used

try the honey bear bong!!

"who wants to smoke my honey bear??????"

oh yeah....

:laugh:
  10. deadmoap deadmoap

DON'T USE BRASS!?!?!? There's like a ton of people that use brass. Most of it is iron... but the peice on the end is brass. I tourched the whole thing a lot. I believe I got it cherry hot. Isn't it kind of only the part that you burn the actual weed on the part that you have to tourch? I made sure I tourched the part that I burn the weed in really good. But the whole thing kind of still stinks. I'll take pictures later.
  11. jebus jebus

• Since: Apr 23, 2003
    Brass is ok, you can even buy brass pipes at head shops and im sure they arnt going to sell something like that that would harm you enough to kill you. (other than tobacco products of course) Yes you really only have to torch the bowl but its best to do the whole thing because then you get all the oils off and you not tasting oil when you hit it. If it were me who was making the pipe I would use the metal shop at school and use some high carbon tool steal or melt down a file a cast it:D but thats only cause my teachers cool and wouldnt care lol.
  12. deadmoap deadmoap

Thanks for your reply. I think I might tourch the bowl a little more just to be safe.
  13. BloodNOil BloodNOil

It might just smell like torched metal. Torch a penny or nickel and see how it
    smells. don't huff it though, just see what it smells like.

edit: If you got it cherry hot, there's very little chance that anythign harmful is still on it.

edit 2: If you torch a new penny, molten zinc will fall out. Careful.

And DON'T LICK HOT STUFF!! It HURTS!
  14. deadmoap deadmoap

What kind of glue should I use to glue the screen?
  15. jebus jebus

• Since: Apr 23, 2003
    LOL, sorry but i had to laugh when i saw that, in all the how do i make a pipe threads i dont think anyones ever asked how to glue a screen. But thats ok your new.

Anyways, just lay the screen in there and watch out the first couple bowls. After a while the resin will collect and "glue" it in there. Make sure to torch the screen too, so that you get off the oils and to make sure it doesnt melt.
  16. imported_chan imported_chan

• Since: Feb 26, 2004
    i made a waterbong a coupplae days ago.its pretty cool.
  17. Closet Pigs Closet Pigs

• Since: May 10, 2003
    My homemade pipe is made of brass. I used sink parts and I love it.

The hole in the bowl was too big (hits were too big, you got too much smoke at once) so I needed something to put in it. I took the top of one of those tiny glass jars of model paint, and turned it upside down. I stuck it in the bowl and not only did it fit, but it screwed into place. I punched 3 little holes in the bottom of that and it rules now. I painted the outside of the pipe metallic blue and silver. The paint is chipping now but I love it.
  18. boogsman boogsman

• Since: Sep 16, 2004
    Hey I need a good way to make a homemade pipe can anyone give me some suggestions?

peace
  19. NeX_06 NeX_06

• Since: Aug 16, 2004
    Go to Lowes or Home Depo, go to the plumbing section, let your imagination take control. You can get clear flexable hoses, brass fittings, use a faucet or something like that as a bowl, its great. Make itas bigor small as you want, and its cheap as hell. I got a brass garden hose valve for less than $3 at Lowes, took the vlve mechanism out and used thehole as a carb, got some pipe screens, and its amazing, been usin' it since Memorial Day weekend at the beginning of summer. If you can't get pipescreens, get some sink screens at Lowes too, but that poses the same risk as a soda can with the metal and such. BTW, when buying pipesand things, always get BRASS!!
  20. anonymity anonymity

• Since: Jun 13, 2003
    Or stainless steel. They both work.

Check out the Methods of Use forum linked in my signature for more information.