Is It Still Safe To Take Weed On A Plane in USA?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Silverbackman, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Silverbackman Silverbackman

• Since: May 23, 2006
    The whitey tightey/putting them under your Johnson has always worked well for bringing herb on a plane. But it's been a while and I was just wondering whether smuggling herb/hash in your private area still works? I hear the TSA has bumped up security so now they use x-rays and supposedly even if you opt out of doing an X-ray, the pat down search is more thorough now and they even pat near the private parts. So is it safe anymore to do the time tested method and if not is there another better method? Keep in mind that this is for traveling within America, such as California to Minnesota . I know Minnesota has decriminalized pot but they do not have medical marijuana yet.

Thanks to all in advance who read but especially reply....need response as soon as possible as I might need to make a decision about this soon.
  2. Weedwacker420 Weedwacker420

• Since: Jun 21, 2011
    You should be fine but sometimes they just walk around with drug sniffing dogs so its risky.
  3. Silverbackman Silverbackman

I usually don't hear of drug dogs being as common in airports anymore. I'm just concerned that they bumped security compared to a few years ago, which make it harder to bring bud or hash. I hope the hiding under your genitals method still works.
  4. Drew420 Drew420

• Since: Mar 15, 2011
    I really wouldn't do it. Emphasis on the really.
    2 people like this.
  5. TooLegit4Chris TooLegit4Chris

• Since: Aug 7, 2011
    Dude I wouldn't try bringing ANY thing on a plane. Since 9/11 Airport security is crazy and damn near on the level of Military Police. I wouldn't bring ANY illeagal substance on a plane. The risks are WAAAAAAAAAAAY too high.
  6. Silverbackman Silverbackman

Actually, the risks usually are not that high since 9/11, if anything it's more recent. I just haven't flied in a while. If you have a little bit on your person under your private parts, eg the whitey titey method, a couple years back you have a near 100% of never being detected (unless they have dogs). But I've just been hearing more reports about tsa using full body scanners and tightening up security.....to a much bigger level than in 9/11.

Anyone here have more recent experience flying commercially and doing the time tested methods of bring weed? BTW I'm not trying to smoke on the plane or anything just bring some to the destination.
  7. Kranter Kranter

• Above the Ignorance
    • Since: Jun 14, 2011
    I dont think its worth it
    bowl made of pot likes this.
  8. Drew420 Drew420

I really, really, really, really wouldn't. A chance of a horribly, horrible unpleasant afternoon is, to me, not worth weed. When there's a chance of arrest, anyway.
    bowl made of pot likes this.
  9. Buds_Of_Steele Buds_Of_Steele

• Your Undisputed Disputer
    • Since: Jul 11, 2009
    it's like getting grounded before your friends birthday party. If you get caught it will fuck up your vacation/business trip/general shits n gigs flight. Personally I think the hassle of finding weed when the plane touches down is worth not missing out on playing spin the bottle with Susie Thompson.
  10. SmokingPaddy SmokingPaddy

• Since: Aug 16, 2011
    I remember picking up a NON-SMELL bag in Amsterdam. It basically completely seels the weed inside and does not expell any smell (unless there is residue on the outside of the bag - obviously). Dont know where you'd get one but if u hear of it it's def worth the buy.

What are we talking about here? I'm from Ireland and all I know is its either imported or home grown. lol
  11. Silverbackman Silverbackman

I will take what you guys take into serious consideration, but how much experience do you have in this area? On the surface bringing anything on a plane is a bad idea but we have to analyze this subject a bit more thoroughly.

So please check out this thread and then post;

http://www.marijuana.com/legal-issues/119684-domestic-airport-security-flying-mj.html

It would turn out at least in domestic traveling it is quite simple to carry weed around using the whitey tightly method and not be discovered. Ever since I read this back in 2009 I have tried his method and it has worked with flying colors. I'm just more worried that either the technology is better now or they do something more that might make it unsafe. But I'm thinking domestic travel is still safe. Or maybe not.

Has anyone traveled more recently (2011) and hid weed with them to their destination? How was successful was it and were you ever close to getting caught and if so what were the circumstances?

Wish BartSimpson was still around to comment too.
  12. Drew420 Drew420

Risk vs. reward. Do whatever the fuck you want, but be aware of the risk. Can you afford to have a possession charge? Plus a completely fucked vacation - as in waste of money that gets called off while you're in the slammer and missing your flight?
  13. Teleo9 Teleo9

• Since: Dec 1, 2010
    Does your airport have one of those "puffer" things where you step in and it blows air into you which basically shows any thing hidden on your body? I heard those things are actually very revealing, and they're designed to find bombs so you really don't want that kind of attention.

They actually made me do it once because I was wearing a really baggy hoodie.
  14. Silverbackman Silverbackman

Lucky me my first stop will be to LA, which is within legal cali. So by that point I would probably have passed through the checkpoint so I'm thinking I can be in the clear as long as i pass the first hurdle in the first airport. Even if they find the herb/hash on me (and i got some fine bubble hash) I got the medical card ftw!!!!!

The only thing I'm concerned about is the xray but if the whitey tightey method not failing then we'll be fine.

Bart Simpson where are you! Please give me your advise too of these times!
  15. willeo willeo

• Since: Aug 16, 2011
    We were just talking about this on another forum. He stuck weed in the handles because the xray does not detect it. Really doesn't matter where you put it I think. Just don't go over bored with it lol~
  16. shadeslayer42199 shadeslayer42199

• Since: Sep 14, 2010
    I'm sure you'd be able to get away with it, but not sure if its really worth it. I'm from Minnesota, and I can tell you that you'll definitely be able to find herb here. When you land in Minneapolis, just head to any park and ask the kids playing basketball, haha. That might not be the best way to get the good shit, but I'm absolutely certain that you'll be able to find something if you try hard enough.