Itchy Eyes

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Bud_man_8, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Bud_man_8 Bud_man_8

• Since: Jul 15, 2004
    Hey what's going on? Umm... I got this little problem. Everytime I smoke weed which is daily I get an itchy eye. The eye themselves don't itch it's my right eye and it itches right where my eye comes together at my nose you know that little ) crevise there. Where your tear ducts are! And it itches profusely like all the time. It doesn't worry me it's just a major buzz kill sometimes. But anyway that's my little dilemma. Just wanna know way they itch that's all I wanna know!?!
  2. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Do you have allergies? Is the smoke getting in your eyes? Try using some eye drops maybe.
  3. Bud_man_8 Bud_man_8

yeah

I don't have any allergies that I'm awhere of. I haven't tried eye drops yet I'll try it today. No the smoke doesn't get into my eyes. Thanx for the idea.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    On eye drops..

The kind of eye drops that "get the red out" contain a vasoconstrictor that shrinks the capillaries in your eye, counteracting the vasodilator effects of marijuana. These should not be used more than a few times a day. Overuse may cause more eye redness. There are "tears" eyedrops that you can use as often as you like. They just wet and lubricate the eyes.
  5. Bud_man_8 Bud_man_8

Ok kool yeah I put some of my brothers eye drops in he uses the drops for his eyes when he wheres his contacts for the itchyness so I tried it and it helped but it still felt itchy but I didn't have to scratch them but I'll try the "tears" stuff. I was just wondering what made them itch. But if I can not find out and just get rid of the itch than that's all the better right!
  6. gob gob

• Since: Mar 28, 2004
    ichy

You do know that one of the side effects of pot smoking is dry eyes, when your eyes are dry you want ro rub them....if you just rolled a doobie or filled up your pipe, you may have some residue on your fingers and it can cause iching in the eye. I use the tears eye drops as my eyes get really dry, almost scratchy.
  7. grillmeats grillmeats

• No Longer Active
    • Since: Jan 13, 2005
    Dry Eyes

I have the same problem. I bought a good air cleaner and it went away. I wear glasses too, that might be the problem. When I go to a wedding I have the same problem. Smoke causes it until I move the smoke around with a fan or air cleaner, then my eyes get oxygen.
  8. Bud_man_8 Bud_man_8

sweet

Hey thanx guys all this advice really helps. I've got plenty of fans in my house and I try to get an air cleaner as soon as I can because just the other day I got ripped and my eyes itched so bad it drove my insane. I know that smoking pot causes dry eyes but I don't think that this problem is the eyes themselves cuz they don't itch it's like right where my tear duct it that itches right in the corner of my eye. Thanx for all the help guys I really appreciate it.
  9. Insomniac Insomniac

• Since: Mar 16, 2005
    I thought my itching eyes were just due to allergies I didn't know I had.
    I find that if I don't scratch them they wont itch as much, but if I do they itch beyond itchiness.
  10. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    :D :D :D

Go to the kitchen...

Take 2 slices of cuke cumber...

Go back to your room...

Turn off the lights and the fans...

Lie on your bed and close your eyes...

And place the cucumber slices on your eyes for 20 minutes

...toss the cucumbers.

...Repeat every two hours until itchiness is relieved.

If the condition persists -- see your doctor for medication. Do not rub your eyes as this can scratch the cornea or sclera and cause an infection or inflamation. Continued redness may indicate conjunctivitis, a highly contagious inflamation of the conjunctiva of the eye that requires immediate medical attention.
  11. Bud_man_8 Bud_man_8

Thank you mama

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I read your post and I got high and my eyes began to itch so I took the cuke and did what you said and hoy crap angels decended from heaven sustaining one long note!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Because after a few minutes my eyes quit itching!!!! The only thing is I'm not looking foward to doing this everytime I get high. Cuz thats a lotta cuke cumber. But hey atleast I found a remedy!!!!!! Again THAN YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR MUCH NEEDED ADVICE.