Joint roller - which ones actually work??

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by MonarchX, Apr 5, 2008.

1. MonarchX MonarchX

• Since: Oct 2, 2005
    i got a cheap one from a gas station and it worked once, but ever since its just not rolling papers.

The biggest problem I have with rollers AND my hand rollin is being able to get one edge under the other and get it rolling, but papers are slipping past each other!

Also, when I roll joints I use my fingers to take weed apart. Just how fine should weed particles be for joints? I noticed that if its powder-fine then my joints burn SO fast. I try to make pieces like small bread crumbs then it burns slower. Should I use some other technique or get a grinder? I am not sure I need one if I can use hands.
  2. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    My joints are almost never completely powder, nor are their full of tiny buds. I like to find a nice medium. I use my grinder if the bud is nice and moist, or my fingers if its too brittle for the teeth of my grinder.

I don't know what the problem is with your roller but you shouldn't have problems. I have one of the same types of rollers(if I'm guessing right what kind you have) that I used for YEARS. It was only recently that I learned how to roll good freehand. All rollers are pretty reliable though, there ain't much to 'em

Put the bud in, close it up, get a good few spins to make it all good and even. Open it up, look and make sure its all even, then close it up, place the paper in and roll it in slowly to make sure the paper is even all the way across. Lick when you get down to the glue. Finish rolling. Voila.
  3. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    With a joint you dont have to tuck in it. If you get big enough papers you can just fold it over kind of and roll it, and it can still be a perfectly good joint.

As for rollers, i have one that is like a tin box with a piece of cloth and piece of metal going over a strip of the cloth horizontally. You just put a paper and a weed on the cloth and close the tin and it roll the perfect joint every time and i have had it for a year. And best of all you can store weed in the tin, and it collects a good bit of keif. It was $20 at a Galaxy.
  4. joshpackr joshpackr

• Since: Aug 4, 2007
    I have one of the little cheapo JOB rollers that I got from the head shop. I've had it about a year and it still works fine.
    1 people like this.
  5. 420PimpWeezy 420PimpWeezy

• Since: Mar 28, 2008
    Ok so the absolute BEST roller I have EVER seen/used is this one I found at a gas station at a truck stop for 5 bucks, its gold, and fits in your back pocket curved like your ass, and it opens up and there is a little place to put your pappers/weed whatever, and you put your weed and paper in it EXACTLY like a regular roller from your local headshop/gas station, but you close it and it rolls and pops out the top, most rollers I have had roll very small joints. This one you can roll some pretty decent joints. Ohh and perfect everytime.
  6. pkster8235 pkster8235

• Lazy Dancer
    • Since: Jun 27, 2007
    I have a great roller that rolls either pinners or fatties (gaggers are my friend calls them). They always turn out perfectly and it only takes about a minute. The thing cost me less than $5. It fits standard papers like zig zags.. any flavoured papers like juicy jays have to be trimmed down a little by ripping half an inch or so off the side.It's rolled countless joints since I've gotten it and made the process so much easier and more enjoyable.
  7. MonarchX MonarchX

• Since: Oct 2, 2005
    With some experimentation I got mine to roll perfect joints!

Now I just need a grinder to make good joints!
  8. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    one dollar. if i want to roll a joint (rare) i grab a dollar bill and roll it with that. rolling machines are largely unnecessary, IMO.
    1 people like this.
  9. joshpackr joshpackr

I dug up a pic of my JOB roller:

[IMG]
  10. negaDuck negaDuck

• straight rollin'
    • Since: Dec 15, 2005
    [IMG]

Seriously, fingers are tha best joint rollers, with a dollar bill coming close seconds.

Zig zag makes a decent one as well
    1 people like this.
  11. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    I have both a JOB for regular sized papers, and a Zig Zag for the 1 1/4 papers. Both work about equally well, and few hand rollers I've seen can roll joints that smoke more evenly than my "roller joints"
  12. Cannabis420 Cannabis420

• Since: Apr 26, 2008
    I have a zig zag roller, though after a few times, it came loose now they roll too loose, unless i pack it good.

I love hand roled ones better of course, though i dont have the skill yet.

I just dont know what to do so much once i have it rolls, with the large open ends, i try to tuck them in or roll it inside.
  13. gabriel420 gabriel420

• Since: Dec 5, 2006
    I've only ever used my fingers... how the hell do you use a bill to roll?!
    I've never really had a problem with rolling my joints, I smoke rollies so i'm used to rolling up at least 15 or 20 times a day :p
  14. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    put a paper on top of a bill, fold the bill and paper in half, load the weed onto the paper like a rolling machine, roll it back and forth to shape the bud an paper, then tuck the non-sticky end of the paper around like a cylinder to start it and roll upwards. works for me as well as a rolling machine would.
  15. gabriel420 gabriel420

Sounds too difficult/complicated for my pot-head. I'll sticky with my fingys :p
  16. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    complicated and difficult...?

seriously?
  17. gabriel420 gabriel420

Yeah, I'm not followinghow it's supposed to work. I've only used a joint roller once ow twice a couple years ago, so I don't get that part.
    Do you like use the dollar bill to make a bigger "paper", so it's easier to work with, then remove the bill? I just don't get it :p
  18. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    1 people like this.
  19. Freedom_User Freedom_User

• ....Is really high
    • Since: Mar 15, 2008
    Damn kids these days with there tricky but simple ways of doing shit. I just read the one on how to roll with a bill and it turned out very nice.
  20. joshpackr joshpackr

I still find it easier to just quickly pre-roll all the joints I plan on burining for the day with my JOB rolling machine. It's fast and they turn out perfect every time.