Kidney Stones

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by littlestonerdude, May 26, 2010.

1. littlestonerdude littlestonerdude

• Since: May 12, 2010
    Will they prescribe you medical marijuana for kidney stones? I've passed two but i still have somewhere between 6 and 8 stones in my right kidney. Any clues?
  2. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    I've had kidney stones and that's some serious pain. MJ would be like taking an aspirin for it. The one time I went to the ER for a stone I was told they couldn't give me anything for pain that would do any good that wouldn't also knock me out.
  3. High High

• as a kite
    • Since: May 2, 2010
    Also, even if they did give you a MMAR then it would only be a temporary one. Until you pass the stones.
  4. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    The real pain with kidney stones (unless they're big ones) takes place when the stone is traveling from the kidney to the bladder. It works its way down a tube (ureter ) in an extremely painful way, even if the stone is small enough to pass from your body without any pain once it gets to the bladder. I was told that I had the common type of stone (one a year for 3 yrs) and that if I drank enough water on a regular basis, I wouldn't have the problem. I became a dedicated water drinker and never had another stone. I just wish I'd been told that after the 1st one instead of the 3rd. :rolleyes:
  5. Grass-Smoka Grass-Smoka

• 303% Acid
    • Since: Oct 5, 2009
    How so you get kidney stones in the first place? I drink a lot of water anyways so hopefully I won't have that problem. And I doubt marijuana will help that much, from what I've heard passing a kidney stone is really painful.
  6. PepeTheMano PepeTheMano

• Since: Feb 14, 2010
    Ahhhhhhh Kidney stones freak me out.....
    dafsdfgasdgagd
  7. High High

• as a kite
    • Since: May 2, 2010
    Theres actually a surgery you can get to remove them now too... And its painless they put you to sleep.
  8. yoshi31 yoshi31

• Since: Feb 28, 2010
    I don't think you guys are getting the point, he is asking whether if he can get a medical card because of his kidney stones, he is not asking for recommendations for kidney stones or opening a discussion about kidney stones lol.

I am not capable of answering about medical card because im not american, but however i think he is looking for help about getting a medical card because of kidney stones, so focus on his problem haha
    1 people like this.
  9. Shobee Shobee

• Since: Feb 22, 2009
    Are kidney stones listed in your state as an ailment that could benefit from the use of medical marijuana?
    There's your answer. You can normally only get a recommendation for an approved ailment.
  10. thracky thracky

• Since: Nov 21, 2007
    I just had an operation on Sunday to remove a 7 mm kidney stone stuck between my kidney and bladder. It started with an intense attack the previous sunday, followed by another worse attack on Thursday including violent vomiting and a trip to the hospital, resulting in some Percocets and Flomax, then finally the worst attack and pain I've ever felt in my life on Friday resulting in the requirement for surgery.

While I do not have anymore stones, I am in severe pain as a result of the surgery, and neither the Percocets prescribed previously, or the Tramadol prescribed after the surgery seem to be controlling it. Would I be stupid for taking a couple hits from my vape to take the edge off a bit more?
  11. zappy zappy

• Pondering Primate
    • Since: Aug 26, 2009
    I can only wonder how many people are getting medical marijuana for phony medical conditions, so bearing that in mind I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get a card for your condition. Cannabis is great for relieving pain so it seems like it would be suitable to treat the particular symptoms that you're experiencing. Not to say I know any of the details of how to get a medical marijuana card. Medical marijuana is very, very uncommon over here in Australia. Most doctors here would laugh at the idea, or likely say something along the lines of, "Aren't you aware that it causes psychosis?"
  12. quester quester

• Since: Mar 19, 2010
    Type the state you live in then Medical Marijuana in the search engine you use.
    Chose the link that gives the reasons for allowing useage and there you go.
  13. Le0n Le0n

• Since: Feb 17, 2010
    I got as friend who believed that because he didnt drink water he became dehydrated and doing that frequently gave him the stones.

It was either that or because he was pumping dietry suppliments for body building, which aparently gives you stones or something, i dunno.
  14. littlestonerdude littlestonerdude

• Since: May 12, 2010
    alot of times its hereditary, thats how it is for me, ive passed to, one at age 15 and one at 19, both sides of the family have it..so its something im probably going to have to deal with and get used to..the most painful part is them moving from my kidneys to my urethra..and at that point im not thinkin about pot lol...just sometimes i can feel them movin alittle bit inside the kidney, its kinda like a false alarm and at that point it helps to be high