Kief only brownies?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by drums, Feb 2, 2010.

1. drums drums

• Since: May 22, 2007
    Hey all,

I'm about to make my first brownies. I was wondering if one could use kief only in making cannabutter, rather than the bud itself, and then add that mix to the brownies. If so, how much kief would one need? I'm about to go dry, and was going to use the rest of the bud and kief I have for making brownies to extend the life of what I have a little longer - I just moved to Chicago and have no source. I've read some places that you're to simmer for 30 minutes, I've heard elsewhere to simmer for 24 hours! Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

drums
  2. spam&rice_420 spam&rice_420

• Since: Oct 13, 2009

I dont see anything wrong with making butter or tossing it in the oil of the brownies I made some with avb\hash the mixture was dark brown:D

eat 1-2 pieces 1st and wait up to an hour or 2 before eating more;)
    [IMG]
  3. SmokeyMcPott SmokeyMcPott

• Since: Feb 13, 2005
    YUM! I got the munchies so bad right now!
  4. drums drums

See, what I'm concerned about is having too LITTLE kief, and the brownies having no effect at all. I have a little aluminum grinder, about as small as it gets. The bottom is filled with kief and the middle is filled with good, super dry, kiefy bud. But that's all I have left. There are lots of recipes that call for using a whole eighth, and I have about an eighth of an eighth! I guess what I'm asking is: do I have enough as is to make a batch and actually feel something, or will I be wasting all I have left? And can I use just the kief, or should I use everything I've got? And, will simmering longer within a 24 hour window make the cannabutter more and more potent?

Thanks yall,

drums
  5. NCisBlaZed NCisBlaZed

• Since: Jan 13, 2009
    Lol just make one super concentrated brownie. and eat it a little at a time =D
  6. drums drums

LOL! that's not a bad idea. shit, maybe i should be on a cooking forum?
  7. vern vern

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    If it's all you have to use for brownies it could work but I would save the keif for smoking or vaping. You can use already vaped bud or just normal buds, but since keif is cream of the crop you might consider saving it.
  8. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Search for a firecracker recipe, they are the better option for single serving edibles.