little help with bong screens...

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by newcarcaviar, Mar 6, 2005.

1. newcarcaviar newcarcaviar

• Since: Nov 29, 2004
    i just bought my first bong and got some free screens with it. this might be a stupid question but i need to know how to put them in. because they are the same size as the rim of the bowl so there is no place to put the pot. how do you put screens in!!??
  2. always420 always420

• Since: Jan 19, 2004
    you bend the screen so it makes a sort of cone/funnel that fits right into the bottom of your bowl.
  3. CheesyBread CheesyBread

• Since: Oct 10, 2003
    Yeah man. Place the flat screen on top of the bowl and just push in the center. The screen will bend and conform to the bottom of the bowl and it should stick there. Although, I once had a conical type bowl that came free with my bong and the screen wouldn't even stay down in it. So you might have a slippery screen that needs to be baked in there, but I doubt it.
  4. Feorge Gorman Feorge Gorman

• Since: Aug 15, 2001
    I've never heard of...

...using a screen in a bong, unless you gotta big party bowl that's gonna be passed around the room.

In a conventional water filled bong, the whole idea is to load a pinch of weed 'one-hitter'...light it, and suck until the ash hits the water!

Screens?! We don't need no steenkin' screens! :D
  5. TiKiTiKi TiKiTiKi

• Since: Jun 15, 2004
    yea not sure you why you would ever use one except for a party bowl...
  6. CheesyBread CheesyBread

• Since: Oct 10, 2003
    Lol, I can certainly see why you'd use one. In any pipe with a metal bowl (whether it be a bong or pipe or bat or whatever) I'd recommend always using a screen. The metal or brass pipe bowls have larger holes for the air to suck through than the glass holes. It's usually essential to use a screen, or else you'd suck the pot through before it even combusted. Even for glass, I don't get how people can just not use a glass screen. I've tried using a bong without one and each time (using 2 different slides btw to be fair) I'd suck fresh pot into the water along with whatever got burnt. I dunno, I guess maybe my holes are bigger or that people don't break up the weed as fine as I do.
  7. newcarcaviar newcarcaviar

• Since: Nov 29, 2004
    i'm with cheesybread. i figured that the weed would just fall down the hole into the water when i dropped it in. i break up weed very fine...
  8. Illuminati420 Illuminati420

• Banned
    • Since: Sep 27, 2004
    break off a nug plug the hole then sprinkly finely ground weed on top, works like a charm and you dont have to worry about screens again unless you want a glass screen still those are more of a pain in the ass than the metal ones