Lost my bowl screen =(

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by GolfproLucas, Aug 3, 2008.

1. GolfproLucas GolfproLucas

• Since: Aug 2, 2008
    Well I lost my bowl screen and now if I were to try to but any weed in my bowl it would just fall down into my pipe =/
    Anyone have any homemade screens i could throw together to solve the problem?
    Thanks in advance :)
  2. hipe hipe

• Subscriber
    • Since: Jul 12, 2008
    theres a little metal screen in your kitchen/bathroom/(usually)laundry room sink taps where the water comes out. a bent safety pin should be able to pull it out.
  3. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    i dont use screens. the herb itself acts as a screen. just break it up a little bit bigger, even put a small nug where the hole is, and in time, the resins will collect on the sides and make the fresh herbs stick to the sides. you will notice your hits will be a ton smoother without the metal. even if you are using a metal pipe.
  4. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    • Since: Dec 26, 2006
    A small pebble, rinsed and washed clean of course. :)

Don't bother with your faucet aerator, those are there for a reason.
  5. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    yes, a small rock (pebble lol) will suffice. You can also purchase a glass screen. which is a small glass pebble with a few holes in it to place in the hole of your bowl.
  6. Mike Mike

• Since: Jul 26, 2008

Second that. I don't use screens, 'cept for hash. after awhile there really isn't any need, just use one large chunk'o'weed to plug the hole and then you're fine.
  7. The Blazemaster The Blazemaster

• Since:
    A pebble can work wonders if you wash it off. Maybe if you had a small glass marble that would work too. Faucet screens can be used, but make sure you replace them! They filter out any crap that is in your drinking water!
  8. BudMarLeY BudMarLeY

• Since: Jul 25, 2008
    i used to get them outta the sinks in public restrooms and school bathrooms. i allways had a steady supply of screens. sometimes when i would pull the screen off there would be chunks of whatever on the screen which IMO is gross as hell if ur drinking from it.
  9. Hootnnuts Hootnnuts

• Since: Aug 6, 2008
    if you have an old pair of ipod ear phones or other ear phones with a screen like thing by the ear peice. i have used that before.

also you can go to any hardware store like home depot or lowes or whatever you have around you. you can get little sink filters just ask any employee they will tell you where they are. i dont know the price but a pack of about 5 cant be more than $3.
  10. kenster kenster

• Since: Apr 23, 2008
    :vomit:
    The thought of that grosses me out. Imagine all the ear wax that has been on that.
  11. noyerva4u noyerva4u

• Since: Aug 24, 2002
    screens are for the novice. trust me you'll laugh when your older that you even used one:p
  12. CRIMSONxSOLDIER CRIMSONxSOLDIER

• All Aboard the Canni-bus!
    • Since: May 25, 2008
    Thoroughly cleaned I hope? :vomit:
  13. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    I have never once used a screen to smoke weed. I had a metal bowl with a big hole and i would just put a nug of weed over it and pack the bowl like normal.
    1 people like this.
  14. water water

• Since: Nov 4, 2007
    I do the exact same thing.
  15. GREENFOODGAMES GREENFOODGAMES

• I LOVE WEED
    • Since: Aug 4, 2008
    The pebble idea is interesting and affordable, cant you go to the gas station and buy some screens? I used to take a fish tank top and cut out a piece then cook it clean with a lighter, run it quick under a faucet and use that, I alos used to take a piece of bud and lay across the whole and poke through it with a pin so I still got a nice drag, dont
    use tinfoil that's nasty so if you think of it change you're mind.
  16. mortonn mortonn

• Since:
    I bought a strainer from a local grocery store for less than 5 bucks and it had enough mesh metal to make about 15 or so screens
  17. Waldy Waldy

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    you can use a headphones earbud :)

EDIT: FML, just realized the last post was in '08
  18. D.0.B D.0.B

• Since: Sep 4, 2010
    you dont need one, hit my buddies bong the other day and if you just break up a big nug it tastes soo much better with bigger bits also ash acts as a screen i don't see the attraction of using finely grinded weed on a metal screen
  19. Chunkmatty Chunkmatty

• Since: Jul 19, 2011
    Pebbles, faucet screens(thats what i use),screens from windows are decent.
  20. Sick Boy 216 Sick Boy 216

• Since: Oct 11, 2011
    Just pick out a good stem and put it through the hole and make sure you have an air flow and you are good to go, plus your not gonna strike anything that could harm you because its all natural, it works up to like 2 bowls and just put another stem in it.