Mail Order MJ Seeds?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by mysterybabylon, Feb 10, 2010.

1. mysterybabylon mysterybabylon

• Since: Nov 18, 2009
    Obviously being in possession of a medical marijuana card grants you the right to grow your own marijuana or designate someone to do it for you, but is it legal to order marijuana seeds through the mail across states or even countries?
    If so, do you need to go through some sort of verification process beforehand? What does the process entail?
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    You cannot legally send viable cannabis seeds through the US mail or across state lines by any carrier.

However… People do it all the time and rarely get caught. If the post office confiscates your package, you won't be prosecuted. Some of the better seed banks will even replace orders that have been grabbed by the post office.

If you live in a medical marijuana state with dispensaries and have your card, you can probably buy seeds or rooted clones at a dispensary.
    2 people like this.
  3. CrayzStoner CrayzStoner

• Since: Feb 5, 2010
    That and they're just seeds. Unless the post office opened the package and examined the seeds and knew from experience they were MJ seeds, theres no way they could know. Hell for all they know it could be any type of seeds.

But your right buzzby...its illegal but hardly anyone ever gets caught doing so.

Usually sites that sell seeds say the package it comes in is just a blank package with no return address so keep that in mind!
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    That might be true if the seeds didn't come in baggies, envelopes, or tubes labelled with the name of the strain.

All the ones I've seen had return addresses, but they were phony. That's a lot less suspicious than packages with no return addresses.
    2 people like this.
  5. CrayzStoner CrayzStoner

• Since: Feb 5, 2010
    Yeah that may be true for some shipments, ive only ordered seeds like twice and the first time they were just in an envelope and it was mailed like a letter..

The second time it came in one of those big yellow packages like this..

[IMG]

1 people like this.
  6. mysterybabylon mysterybabylon

Cool. Thanks for the help, guys.
    I can't wait to get my card and learn how to grow my own. I've always wanted to get into gardening and this could be a neat introduction. :D
  7. mysterybabylon mysterybabylon

Actually, can anyone recommend some reputable seed banks?
    If you guys could include past dealings or what makes them good that would be even better.
  8. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    I suggest that you take a look at Green Man's Seedbank Update, a site that ranks seedbanks based on customer reports.
    1 people like this.