Mailing Marijuana: UPS vs. FedEx vs. USPS

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by faded, Feb 24, 2001.

?

Which service is best?

FedEx 80 vote(s) 24.6%
UPS 76 vote(s) 23.4%
USPS (United States Postal Service) 88 vote(s) 27.1%
ground mail (mailbox) 34 vote(s) 10.5%
other 66 vote(s) 20.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    That's not true at all, especially considering the type of packaging that goes into mailing this stuff. I could almost guarantee a drug dog couldnt smell a double vacuum sealed bag unless he was basically right on top of it.
  2. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    • Since: Dec 26, 2006
    Or the lingering scent of marijuana is on the outside of the packaging.

For example if the person delivering it smokes near the packaging, it could leave a smell or residue on the outside of the box/enevelope/folder/etc. I am unsure, but I believe that might be enough to trigger a dog who is specifically trained to smell drugs. :shrug: Just a thought.
  3. Viper420 Viper420

• Since: Sep 23, 2007
    If ANY of the pot gets on the outside of the bag during packaging, game over, no matter how well you wipe it down.
    This is a little description of a dogs sense of smell I pulled off the internet:
  4. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    I still don't believe a dog could smell a double vacuum sealed package from across the room.

Even if they could, and say they did smell the smoke or the bud or anything on the outside of the package, let's think about that for a minute. I'm sure many stoners mail all types of things. Books, clothes, music, etc. I'm sure many smoke around those packages as well. If they used drug dogs for this type of work in the mail room, there would be MANY false alarms, far too many to make this practice acceptable and/or worth the effort. Instead of sniffing out just packaged bud, the dog would be sniffing out packaged bud and any package that might've been around bud or marijuana smoke at one time or another, containing marijuana or not.

It's just not gonna happen.
    1 people like this.
  5. Viper420 Viper420

Its not the weed in the bag that the dog will hit on, its the weed you spilled on the outside that he'll hit on.
  6. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    You're obviously missing my point.
    1 people like this.
  7. Dankerella Dankerella

• Since: Nov 30, 2007
    My buddy makes glass pipes for a living and he was speculating that he would be able to enclose some weed in a glass ball before mailing it.
  8. Noeone Noeone

• Since: Apr 21, 2006
    That's a big assumption considering the availability of disposable gloves, disposable Tyvek suits, and decent solvents. Seems to me anyone with an IQ above brick should be able to pull it off without contamination.
    1 people like this.
  9. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    Good idea, except for two things:

1 - Glass is fragile. If it breaks, the odor will get out, even if it's in a ziplock bag or similar. Sure, you could contain that odor by vacuum sealing, but then the glass ball is for naught.

2 - The recipient would have to destroy the glass ball to get at the contents. This presents a pretty obvious hazard. If the glass ball is decorative, the recipient would have to destroy an art piece to get at the contents.
  10. Noeone Noeone

• Since: Apr 21, 2006
    The ball could be carefully cut open with a hot wire.
  11. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    I don't think a glass ball would do anything a vacuum sealed bag wouldn't, besides masking the shape. It's not really necessary, and just creates more work if you ask me.
    1 people like this.
  12. Viper420 Viper420

I'm sure that clean room conditions would keep the odor under control but odds are, this guy just going to dump some weed in a ziplock bag and TRY to get the air out.
  13. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    Lol, how many times do I have to say VACUUM SEAL. That is hardly a ziplock bag with air sucked out :rolleyes:. Not only that, I said double vacuum sealed. If you don't know the difference, google it, I'm not going to spell it out for you.
    1 people like this.
  14. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    S8ure, but you're still destorying a nice piece of glass art, IMHO. A hollow glass sphere is pretty cool to me, and I wouldn't want to destroy it by cutting it open.

As well as more weight, possibly adding to the shipping costs.

Don't get me wrong.. I think the idea is cool as all hell form an aesthetic point of view.
    It's simply not practical, however.
  15. Viper420 Viper420

Good luck.......if you get busted, will you write me from jail?
  16. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    :p If only you knew how many safe deliveries I know of. But I will leave it as that, as talking about mail-order marijuana is forbidden and I don't want to cross those bounds. If you get busted when driving around after picking up from your dealer, will you write me? In many ways, one might consider bud through the mail safer, as nearly every time your bud is caught at the border or in the mailroom(unless it's massive amounts), your marijuana is just seized, and a letter sent to you saying someone tried to send you illegal drugs through the mail. If you don't believe me do the research. I'm ending my part of this conversation now. Good day. :rolleyes:
    1 people like this.
  17. Viper420 Viper420

Who says I have a dealer? Marijuana has to come from someone who grows it, right?
  18. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    In that case, the arguement COULD be made that having it shipped through the mail is far less risky than running a grow-op. However, possession of ANY klind is a calculated risk., and if a certain person feels that the benefits outweigh the risk for his particular situation, who are we to say 'our" way is safer?
  19. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    im going to go with UPS, i was told by my friends step-dad about how back in tha day his friend shipped him 6 5gallon buckets full of home grown chronic from hawaii to california, no problem with customs or cops, but they may have tightened security now
  20. baykt baykt

• Since: Dec 12, 2007
    i'm going to have a friend send and ounce or 2 out from oregon. i am in the midwest. we've decided we're going to use USPS. is it best to use Priority? Ground? i'm wary of having it sent by air due to the whole x-ray and dog thing at airports. I know priority is 2-3 business days. would they be sending via air?

suggestions please!!