Make it less harsh?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by FUBAR, Jul 29, 2005.

1. FUBAR FUBAR

• Since: Jul 13, 2005
    Alright well i smoke a bit, and whenever i smoke the joint, i nearly cough up a lung. It makes parts of smoking annoying. Is there any way/ device i can buy to make it smoother? I've heard vapourizers, but they are pretty expensive.
  2. ReadNotReed07 ReadNotReed07

• Since: Jul 20, 2005
    I'd spend some money on a nice little bubbler or bong, they are able to be filled with water which makes the smoke less harsh.

northwestglassart.com
    grasscity.com

Those are just a few.

Northwest Glass Art's are probably the cheapest, and you can read reviews on them. I bought a spoon from them and it is very nice.

{Mod Note: Please do not post direct commercial links, thanks}
  3. Cellophane Cellophane

• Since: May 30, 2005
    Northwestglassart.com has some of the best pieces I have ever seen.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Any kind of water pipe will smoke cooler and smoother than a joint. Vapes are even better. Their cost is offset by how much further your stash goes.

Smoking joints, if you allow a lot of air into your lungs along with the smoke (by not sealing the joint to your lips) it'll be a lot cooler and smoother. I use a simple device to smoke joints called a "steamroller". A steamroller is simply a tube with a hole in the side into which you insert a joint. You put one end to your mouth and a hand over the other. You use the hand to regulate the amount of fresh air you take in along with the smoke. You can make one out of a toilet paper cardboard core. Mine is a piece of beef leg bone well-chewed by my first German Shepherd.
  5. Johnny Potsmoke Johnny Potsmoke

• Since: Jun 8, 2005
    ehhh

Ew? You just put the joint in there in the bottom of it and use it? does it need to be held inside the tube in any fasion?
  6. «°Ñøvã°» «°Ñøvã°»

• Since: Jul 3, 2005
    take a drink of water before ur hit
  7. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    The hole you cut/drill in the side of the tube is just the right diameter to hold the end of a joint. If your tube is thick enough, like the section of beef leg bone I use, you can use a tapered drill and have it fit any size joint.

[IMG]
  8. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    I smoke cigarettes, so weed doesn't seem harsh to me at all...weed tastes good. I used to cough a lot when smoking weed, but i started smoking my reds more often, and now I can take 4-5 hits with no coughing...Dubar, smoke a few cigarettes every now and then. In my experiance, thats the best advice I can give you...
  9. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Definitely go for a bubbler. They're lots of fun. Eventually you'll build up enough tolernce too that you should be able to handle joints no problem. Are you taking too big a hit from the joints? :cool:
  10. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Yeah. Smoking cigarettes is great advice. :rolleyes: Cigarettes are the greatest cause of preventable death in the US. 400,000 people a year die from cigarette-related illnesses.
  11. FUBAR FUBAR

• Since: Jul 13, 2005
    i dunno, i can usually smoke joints, but its just sometimes that i cough alot. The other night i smoked four times with no major coughing, but i few nights before that i had one little joint and i was coughing like crazy. (and it was the same weed)