MARIJUANA an weight loss

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by MAKAVELI THADON, Jun 2, 2001.

1. MAKAVELI THADON MAKAVELI THADON

• Since:
    I have a question does Marijuana help people lose weight because i have a friend that wants to lose some weight so i was wondering that if smoking raises a persons metabolism and burns calories faster. If my friend smoked and dint eat after he smoked would that person lose weight and burn more calories/fat. Another Q i have is that after i smoke i eat a lot does the food i eat get burned or does the fat and calories get stored. Thanx
  2. deadhed deadhed

• Since:
    Well, judging from my weight situation, I'd say that munchies weight definately goes straight to the gut.
  3. Psycho Donkey Psycho Donkey

• Since: Apr 25, 2001
    Munchies can be healthy because you can of course just eat fruits and veggies when you got munchies. Eating junk food time and time again when you got munchies won't help much. Try eating something healthy like a banana, orange or my personal favorite for a munchie attack, grapes. They are amazing when you get killer munchies. Either that or try to eat before you smoke up, this way you won't need the excess food.
  4. GhostPimp GhostPimp

• Banned
    • Since: Jan 10, 2001
    marijuana wont make you lose weight...but i dont think it will make you gain weight either

if your friend wants to lose weight get him to go on a strict diet and excersize often

marijuana, contrary to popular belief, doesnt solve all the problems in the world.......
  5. DoritosMan DoritosMan

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 29, 2001
    munchies will make you gain weight

if you only eat junk food for munchies your love handles are sure to grow, but if you eat fruits and veggies wont make much of a difference
    btw, really cold green grapes are awsome when high
  6. dashaddavies@ho dashaddavies@ho

• Since: Mar 10, 2007
    well i still dont understand??
    mucnchies aside, does the actual weed make you lose weight/bur fat/ increase your metabolism??
    as in is there some sort of chemical in weed that does anything for weight loss??
    does anyone know about this?
  7. dashaddavies@ho dashaddavies@ho

Does weed make you lose weight?

I dont really understand!?
    does weed make you lose weight/ burn fat/ increase your metabolism??
    I know one often eats more when stoned....but that aside, does the actuale weed itself make you lose weight?? like is there some chemical that increases far buring/ metabolism???
  8. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    In my experience, frequent pot smokers tend to eat more and exercise less than non-smokers or occasional smokers. AFAIK, there is nothing in cannabis that speeds up your metabolism.
  9. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    Is this the same person who asked the same question over at the 420 Lounge earlier today?
  10. WNB WNB

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Feb 9, 2003
    No, where'd you hear that? You aren't looking for an excuse to eat too many cheetos, are you?
  11. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    No, there is no component in Marihuana that facilitates weight loss. It is quite the opposite - think munchies, munchies, munchies :D. This is one of the reasons Marijuana is so effective for cancer patients. All too many times, conventional therapys so screw up ones metabolic process that 'eating' can become a chore, to say the least. Enter a plant like no other - So many positive attributes. To the point in question, it will help one gain weight much more easily if that is the desired result.
    As far as munchies are concerned - whether you put on weight will be, as usual, subject to many factors but addressing only the food end of it - Eat that which is healthy (common sense really) and all other factors being equal, you won't gain weight. Eat otherwise and you will...
  12. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    I must say, that in my experience the question of marijuana affectiing your weight is mostly just a question of how your behavior plays out thwn you're high. Either you become a glutton straight out of a roman orgy, or you become the iron man triathlete on a training quest for the hardest abs.

I say mostly though. I think that marijuana has, independent of its behavioral effects, at least a small tendency to "keep weight" on. At least it does for me.

Whatever. For tonight I'm simply enjoying Miss Mary and letting her take me where she may. :wave: ;)
  13. b1gb4r3 b1gb4r3

• Since: Mar 14, 2007
    For me i do lose weight, 20 lbs in 4 months of smoking without working out, but at 2 am stoned me and my friends walk for miles around in the woods doing "quests," we also have levels and get exp for completeing tasks high also you get a bonus level if you smoke someplace new, like in the boys locker room at school during lunch;)
  14. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005

smart indeed
  15. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    How many points do you get for smoking in the girl's locker room?
  16. b1gb4r3 b1gb4r3

• Since: Mar 14, 2007
    nobody I know has tried it yet but i would say about 4 lvls, 5 if its during class
  17. Number1LizaFan Number1LizaFan

hmm...

I lose weight when I DON'T have WEED! I can't even eat without weed!:wave:
  18. _tyrant _tyrant

• Since: Mar 22, 2007
    I got like this after smoking everyday for like 1 in half years, not a good time.
    i seriously couldn't eat without wanting to throw up.

now i've been clean for like 2 weeks and haven't felt more clear minded.

cause i have to get a new job. but blazing here in about another week will be hella fucking fun!
  19. ccaptain ccaptain

• Since: May 24, 2007
    I think I know what the original poster is saying, and I want to know too. Does smoking WITHOUT eating, lets say you have the willpower not to eat when stoned. Will that help you lose weight, burn calories, faster metabolism.
  20. uncoiled uncoiled

• Since: Jun 12, 2007
    i lose weight when i smoke. fuck muchies. i don't get them. my appetite is suppressed for hours after smoking a bowl. if i smoke in the morning, i wont be hungry till the next day.

on a technical side, it increases heart rate, which may burn some extra calories.